Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare | News/Info/Speculation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,008 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Multiplayer is so good. Most fun I've had with an online console FPS since Halo 3.

Seriously...?

Now that might just make me buy it.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I'm in a similar boat to Headshot, but I'm not sure I'd take the advice of someone who actually bought Ghosts.

Someone who bough Ghost and said ****, is a pretty solid review in my books. I bough ghost too and yes, its ****, but I am really tempted with this one though. A few youtubers got a good thing to say about it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I'm in a similar boat to Headshot, but I'm not sure I'd take the advice of someone who actually bought Ghosts.

Why? that's a stupid attitude! some of us have bought all the games through the years and are in a better position to judge the merits of each release Ghosts was a low point in the series this is a high point. If you have any friends who have it give it a go and see if you like it, before buying it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Oh I didn't buy it at all, my gf got it for her ps3 :D I'd be mortified to say I spent money on that pile of ****

• Registered Users Posts: 54,391 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Im a PC gamer so I was looking up reviews and gameplay of this and im absolutely gobsmacked they have mouse acceleration as default in this game (you cant take it off)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

First game of MP: 24 kills 9 deaths compared to Ghosts which was 4-21. Double thumbs up from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Headshot wrote: »
    Im a PC gamer so I was looking up reviews and gameplay of this and im absolutely gobsmacked they have mouse acceleration as default in this game (you cant take it off)

If you take a look at jackfrags latest vid on the game he talks about mouse acceleration in the game. He also gives a few tips on how to sort it out. The main one being reduce the polling rate of your mouse. His was default 1000Hz,some razor mouse i think. But by reducing it to 125Hz the game feels a lot better in his opinion but does add what would feel like a bit of input lag,understandable with the polling rate so low. Plus there is the usual turn off acceleration in the config files solution.

Seems with a combination of these solutions you can drastically reduce its effects. Although i dont know if i would bother,be annoying to have to change everything for one game and back for everything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Chase3

Two single player levels in and a couple of games of offline multiplayer with bots. I'm officially impressed. You can jump and then double jump and even boost forward a little in the air, feels new.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭lertsnim

€50 in Supervalu I caved. Campaign on the hardest level isn't that hard so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Headshot wrote: »

How does that effect the game?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

MOD

Thanks to Johnny_Ultimate for moving the thread across from Games.

Welcome to any of the lads/ladies from Games, make yourselves comfortable!!

I've merged the two threads so we'll use this as the main. There's also a Sunshine/Lollipops thread and I'm sure there's a Megabitch thread or there will be soon enough :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Is it true that this has 30% less pixels/resolution on Xbox one than ps4?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

It has UP TO 30% less at times but holds the FPS at a consistent 60fps where the PS4 flutters between 50 & 60 at times.

The Xbox ONE upscales from 1360 x 1080 up to the full 1920 x 1080 when it can without sacrificing fps, whereas the PS4 is locked at 1920 x 1080.

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-performance-analysis

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    It has UP TO 30% less at times but holds the FPS at a consistent 60fps where the PS4 flutters between 50 & 60 at times.

The Xbox ONE upscales from 1360 x 1080 up to the full 1920 x 1080 when it can without sacrificing fps, whereas the PS4 is locked at 1920 x 1080.

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-performance-analysis

Actually interesting srs! And what engine was this cod built on? It's the first cod to have a noticeable upgrade in graphics, although still kind of lacking, and looks much better than ghosts, is it the same engine?

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

Frame drops seem to mostly only happen in the SP from reading that article which is a shame,but the MP seems to have no problem on PS4.

I cant believe i might actually purchase a CoD game again,as someone who played nothing but CoD for years i thought i was done with it! Advanced Warfare may change my mind,especially if the zombies mode turns out to be good.

Recently only got a lend of a 360 to go back and play BO 1 zombies,i still love it after countless hours of playing it.

EoinHef wrote: »
    Frame drops seem to mostly only happen in the SP from reading that article which is a shame,but the MP seems to have no problem on PS4.

I cant believe i might actually purchase a CoD game again,as someone who played nothing but CoD for years i thought i was done with it! Advanced Warfare may change my mind,especially if the zombies mode turns out to be good.

Recently only got a lend of a 360 to go back and play BO 1 zombies,i still love it after countless hours of playing it.

I'm still not totally pushed to buy it. Never bought ghosts because I said I'd wait a month to get peoples true, honest opinions and look how that turned out. People who loved the game at first were losing their minds in frustration lol. So many people jump on the bandwagon of hating cod just to hate it and claim they won't buy the new ones annually but still end up picking it up when it's not hard to skip out on one installment since the year always fly's by. Chances are I'll wait until next year for treyarch's black ops 3 and then skip whatever IW sh!t out.

I'm still not totally pushed to buy it. Never bought ghosts because I said I'd wait a month to get peoples true, honest opinions and look how that turned out. People who loved the game at first were losing their minds in frustration lol. So many people jump on the bandwagon of hating cod just to hate it and claim they won't buy the new ones annually but still end up picking it up when it's not hard to skip out on one installment since the year always fly's by. Chances are I'll wait until next year for treyarch's black ops 3 and then skip whatever IW sh!t out.

At the moment i havent got the money for it anyway but if all the positivity keeps up to a time when i do have the cash ill definitely consider getting this. I never got to the point of hating CoD for the sake of it,i just go burnt out playing the same game again and again year after year. By the time MW3 came out i could only manage to put about 15hrs into the MP,a fraction of what i would usually have put into a CoD game.Sold it shortly after. BO 1 was the last CoD game i put a decent amount of time into and that was mostly only because of zombies mode. MP CoD died for me after MW2 really.

Fair play to Activision/Sledgehammer if they have managed to turn it round though,as you say there are plenty who would have liked to see it fail for no good reason other than they would be able to say told you so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Yes, but Xbox players are 30% better so it evens out :P

EoinHef wrote: »
    At the moment i havent got the money for it anyway but if all the positivity keeps up to a time when i do have the cash ill definitely consider getting this. I never got to the point of hating CoD for the sake of it,i just go burnt out playing the same game again and again year after year. By the time MW3 came out i could only manage to put about 15hrs into the MP,a fraction of what i would usually have put into a CoD game.Sold it shortly after. BO 1 was the last CoD game i put a decent amount of time into and that was mostly only because of zombies mode. MP CoD died for me after MW2 really.

Fair play to Activision/Sledgehammer if they have managed to turn it round though,as you say there are plenty who would have liked to see it fail for no good reason other than they would be able to say told you so.

I'd say the credit is pretty much all sledgehammers. Activision would've obviously noticed the bit of decline the series was starting to have so they were probably really breathing down developers necks and putting pressure on them but either way sledgehammer had a chance to make a big impact being introduced as the new devs of the 3 year dev cycle and obviously strived to be innovative and work hard to prove a point and secure themselves as part of the franchise. Good to see a fresh and eager studio entering all of this, makes up for the jaded infinity ward studio.

Would like to see a return to a WW1 or WW2 time frame though, basically a reboot to totally basic and simple gameplay where it's just you, your gun and a couple of grenades like cod 1 & 2. Only issue there is lots of people would complain about the lack of basically everything available in the modern/advanced warfare games (custom guns, ridiculous killstreaks, equipment etc.). But those people could easily just shut up and stick to playing the other 2 modern/future games if they didn't like it. Just totally skill based fps like these games used to always be.

Yes, but Xbox players are 30% better so it evens out :P

Wonder how much better the PC master race is then lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Half tempted to pick this up. Any idea what Gamestop are giving for Ghosts on PS4. Got it at launch and if I've played it more than four times I'd be surprised.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Half tempted to pick this up. Any idea what Gamestop are giving for Ghosts on PS4. Got it at launch and if I've played it more than four times I'd be surprised.

Not much is the short answer :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

cloud493 wrote: »
    Not much is the short answer :P

Ghosts should be treated the same way as the ET cartridges from the 80's.

What little I've played of this seems good so far, however there was noticeable lag at times last night, and ground war is still as broken as ever - that must be down to a limitation of the engine more than anything at this stage.

• Ghosts should be treated the same way as the ET cartridges from the 80's.

What little I've played of this seems good so far, however there was noticeable lag at times last night, and ground war is still as broken as ever - that must be down to a limitation of the engine more than anything at this stage.

I was online with the lads earlier. The lag was shocking at times. Again we can use the excuse. 'It's launch day..bla bla..servers are hit hard.'

Thing is there's no dedicated servers from what I can see. It's just P2P. Console owners getting shafted again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I was online with the lads earlier. The lag was shocking at times. Again we can use the excuse. 'It's launch day..bla bla..servers are hit hard.'

Thing is there's no dedicated servers from what I can see. It's just P2P. Console owners getting shafted again.

yeah, it definitely is p2p, we had a match come to a full halt at one stage due to the host lagging out.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭JapaneseLove

MW2: Really Good
    MW3: Really Good
    Black Ops: Really Good
    Black Ops 2: Rubbish, way to easy online.
    Ghosts: Bought it and after 1 hour started playing Super Mario on Nintendo 64. Worst game ever

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    loving it...... have not played cod for about 3 years, so Im very rusty..

ps4 tag............. BAZ171075

Feel free to add me.....

Sent you a request there - looking to get into online so trying to find friends haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

MW2: Really Good
    MW3: Really Good
    Black Ops: Really Good
    Black Ops 2: Rubbish, way to easy online.
    Ghosts: Bought it and after 1 hour started playing Super Mario on Nintendo 64. Worst game ever

As nice as all that is, this is advanced warfare.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭JapaneseLove

Ill stick to assassins creed for a while

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Ill stick to assassins creed for a while

Are you playing ghosts thinking it's advanced warfare? You have your review of the other cods but not this???

Advertisement