Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare | News/Info/Speculation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Kev2Dee

Lag can be unbearable at times, weapons are inconsistent, seeing the ARs do more damage in air than on the ground, and the novelty wears off reaaaal quick
    Its designed for scuf/claw users

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Ghosts is the black sheep of the franchise, for sure, but AW is a definite return to form.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Kev2Dee wrote: »
    Its designed for scuf/claw users

Yeah I noticed there was a pretty huge disparity in how some people moved when playing this last night. Was a clan on the other team, watching the killcams you could tell some of them were using scuf controllers, being able to aim and use the boosters etc at the same time is a huge advantage. If their aim wasn't terrible i'd have thought they were playing with a keyboard and mouse.

Other than that I enjoyed the couple of hours I got to play it a lot more than I have ghosts, BO2 + MW3 (All 3 were garbage imo).

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭JapaneseLove

Are you playing ghosts thinking it's advanced warfare? You have your review of the other cods but not this???

I know the difference.
    I dont have AW yet. Played my friends for a while. Getting it 2day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

wtf are scuf users?

Modified Controllers which have extra buttons at the back which you can use to replace buttons like jump, reload etc

Most Pro players use them

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

wtf are scuf users?

Assuming they're talking about scuf controller users...

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Chase3

Apparently it's a controller you can get that you can customize to have the main buttons underneath, allowing you to leave your thumb on the right stick. If I had to guess, I would think that there is no way enough people are ever going to use them for you to notice anything while playing. The advantage is pretty minimal too, seems like something for the pro end of things. You will mostly be playing COD against angry kids and broke teenagers.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Not going to beat about the bush - this is one of the best CODs ever.

It washes Ghosts down the toilet, focuses on what always made CoD a potentially great game and adds to it in ways that make it fresh yet familiar at the same time.

If you on the fence, jump off and buy it - you won't be disappointed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Apparently the PC versions is rather good, i just might be tempted especially since PC version can be got for half the price of consoles version lawl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Dcully wrote: »
    Apparently the PC versions is rather good, i just might be tempted especially since PC version can be got for half the price of consoles version lawl

Can get it on Xbox ONE for €42, mehhhhhh.

No aimbots on console, whoop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Chase3 wrote: »
    Apparently it's a controller you can get that you can customize to have the main buttons underneath, allowing you to leave your thumb on the right stick. If I had to guess, I would think that there is no way enough people are ever going to use them for you to notice anything while playing. The advantage is pretty minimal too, seems like something for the pro end of things. You will mostly be playing COD against angry kids and broke teenagers.

I heard it's 12 years old. Only 12 year olds. Definetely no 20-40 year olds.

If they were cheap I would buy one, because I'm a sweaty bastard.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I heard it's 12 years old. Only 12 year olds. Definetely no 20-40 year olds.

If they were cheap I would buy one, because I'm a sweaty bastard.

Id love one as well, particularly for this game, the double jump and sideways dash thing is kinda awkward using the left stick.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Doesn't X have one?? He's fairly sweaty though to be fair...

There is no Remington in this game so I can't run around with the ak and shotgun combo.

Nothing better than being shot at and whipping out the shotgun and melting him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Liking the campaign so far, just thought I'd give it a run through first and get used to some of the weapons and abilities before trying multiplayer. Although I have it on veteran and it is still an absolute walk in the park, especially after upgrading your exo. I really wish they would come up with something more refreshing than the standard old collecting intel crap, I wouldn't care if it was shooting balloons or something, just get rid of that pointless time-waste!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Can get it on Xbox ONE for €42, mehhhhhh.

No aimbots on console, whoop.

You couldnt be more wrong about aimbots they are on every format.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Doesn't X have one?? He's fairly sweaty though to be fair...

No but I probably will at some point. Just haven't been able to justify the price yet

How much are they? More than 150?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

For a scuf one maybe. For the 360 you can probably get a vanilla one with trigger stops and paddles for 60 pounds. If you want an Optic or Faze one you'll probably pay another 20 on top of that but you'll be the NV (right?!?) of all the 12 year olds in the lobby.

Dcully wrote: »
    You couldnt be more wrong about aimbots they are on every format.

A hell of a lot more common and obvious and even more easily attained on PC than on console tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Makaveli wrote: »
    For a scuf one maybe. For the 360 you can probably get a vanilla one with trigger stops and paddles for 60 pounds. If you want an Optic or Faze one you'll probably pay another 20 on top of that but you'll be the NV (right?!?) of all the 12 year olds in the lobby.

I got one for the 360 last Christmas (about 65 pounds) and love it. I just checked and I am wayyy older than 12. It does make a difference, I didn't even realise I was using the paddles as much until I was in my brothers hse the other day and tried to play blops2 with a std controller.

The controller really comes into its own with the new movement in AW particularly double jump aim and fire.

I've been warned on pain of death not to buy PS4/XBone before Christmas but I will definately be getting a scuff at the same time as the new console.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,110 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

How much are they? More than 150?

There are a few second hand ones floating around adverts for the 360 seem to be going for around 60/70.

I actually bought a second hand Scuf One from one the guys on my friends list who was moving to PC for 120 and it has everything on it.

I have it since Monday and I've only used it for 20 minutes though because its busy in work and gaming time has been low at the minute.
    The build quality is great and I'd reccomend the Scuf Grips.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Recognise this from reddit.....Im watching you :cool::cool:

haha I'm not even on reddit, guess someone just shares the same views!

STORY
    Why is it that no matter how evil the antagonist that Spacey portrays, in just about anything, I nearly always find myself cheering him on?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Gandalph wrote: »
    STORY
    Why is it that no matter how evil the antagonist that Spacey portrays, in just about anything, I nearly always find myself cheering him on?!

I Hated him in everything, until House of cards, I gave in then - He's a Suave Bastard :cool:

I actually lost it at the care package bit haha :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

emmetkenny wrote: »
    There are a few second hand ones floating around adverts for the 360 seem to be going for around 60/70.

I actually bought a second hand Scuf One from one the guys on my friends list who was moving to PC for 120 and it has everything on it.

I have it since Monday and I've only used it for 20 minutes though because its busy in work and gaming time has been low at the minute.
    The build quality is great and I'd reccomend the Scuf Grips.

I'd no more buy a second hand controller than I would a second hand pair of jocks. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,391 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Dedicated servers for the PC?

Advertisement