Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare | News/Info/Speculation

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,313 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'd no more buy a second hand controller than I would a second hand pair of jocks. :D

Soft chap :P you probably have a panic attack when you get your hands dirty :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Soft chap :P you probably have a panic attack when you get your hands dirty :D

Hygiene concerns aside, there the fact that controllers wear out. I reckon 99% of the time you'd be better off buying a brand new standard controller than a second hand modified effort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

heroics wrote: »
    I got one for the 360 last Christmas (about 65 pounds) and love it. I just checked and I am wayyy older than 12.

So Optic then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

multiplayer isnt doing it for me. 5 assault rifles 2 being fully automatic? seriously??????? few variations with a increase in accuracy or whatever but **** that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Lag in this game is unacceptable, it's beyond worse than any other COD and no, it's not because the game is new, stop saying that. It's also not my connection, the better your connection is the worse you lag, and vice-versa. It's counter intuitive to use P2P. This game needs dedicated servers, they have to deliver. The community is going crazy over this at SHG right now, they've done a great job at making a great COD and need to act fast and implement dedicated servers ASAP. The game is borderline unplayable online, unless you like a lag compensation fest. Seriously hope they make the right move here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who was issues with the lag. I basically lose 90% of all my one on ones, dying as soon as someone pokes their gun around the corner but on kill-cam it would seem that I had had all the time in the world to shoot at them.

Completed the story earlier today. While it plays out like a movie and is pretty enjoyable, it is ruined by such an anti-climatic ending and short experience (even on veteran).

Have been playing multiplayer all day today and I don't know what to make of it so far in terms of gameplay. It's still got that generic twitch shooter COD style except now you need to be able to throw your back to the ground to aim up at skyward targets which can be very annoying, being dealt death from above a lot of the time. The gun choice is very limited in terms of ARs. Spawning is an absolute mess. There is nothing refreshing in terms of any game mode, even the exo survival mode is the same damn boring crap as before.

Generally a COD fan but this has been a bit of a let down, 6/10 from me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

So popped into a bigger Supervalu and they actually had it in stock, But they wanted €70 for it!

I asked why it was €70 when the price says €49? She said its €70 today but will be back to €49 tomorrow.

..Left and picked it up in Argos for €58.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Anyone else finding that more than 3 players in your party goes to hell in multiplayer.

We have noticed that playing as a team of 3 or less we are cleaning up and the connections are solid.

More than 3 and its lag town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Found it impossible tonight. Lose nearly every one on one. Feels like lag. Get killed with hardly no bullets even tho I have unloaded a mag into them.

Hopefully it will improve :(

why in the name of sweet baby jesus are we not playing on the same dedicated servers that titanfall uses? tonight was ridiculous. fellas teleporting around like something out of star trek.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭The Little Fella

3df1731531b48290322bea1aad4cbc9dcc3d8d47f6510d7dde8825ab8844d740.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

To be fair, I played cod on a .7mb connection for a year.

The trick is to become the lag, embrace it, be one with the lag. Thats what ye fancy people on good connections dont have, a relationship with lag, this is why it frowns on you.
    Just cradle the balls, at least once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I'm currently playing on a 1mb connection and haven't noticed any lag. maybe my **** connection is pulling everyone elses down :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

Quick question.........
    If you buy the COD advanced warfare season pass ,do you still have to to pay the yearly PSN+ annual subscription? ,to play multiplayer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,313 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Quick question.........
    If you buy the COD advanced warfare season pass ,do you still have to to pay the yearly PSN+ annual subscription? ,to play multiplayer.

Yes. Two separate companies and two seperate products your paying for.

Quick question.........

not sure, but I think you're mad to consider buying the season pass a while. wait and see if they get the game fixed first before handing them another 45 notes. the first DLC wont be out for a month or 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭dan hibiki

Quick question.........

Yeah, no PSN+ means no online play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Some clips from the last few nights although last night was crazy bad for lag. It seemed to calm down when there was 3 or less in a party and when we played team deathmatch!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Kev2Dee

Magill wrote: »
    Yeah I noticed there was a pretty huge disparity in how some people moved when playing this last night. Was a clan on the other team, watching the killcams you could tell some of them were using scuf controllers, being able to aim and use the boosters etc at the same time is a huge advantage. If their aim wasn't terrible i'd have thought they were playing with a keyboard and mouse.

Other than that I enjoyed the couple of hours I got to play it a lot more than I have ghosts, BO2 + MW3 (All 3 were garbage imo).

Yeah, if ya don't play claw, or at the very least, know how to halo/scuf jump around corners, you're gonna get out gunned....the single shot pistol and MORS sniper rifle need to gimped

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Makaveli wrote: »
    So Optic then?

Just liked the colour ok!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Right...supply drops.

Is there any way of knowing how to get these? As crazy as it sounds, I seem to get these every three matches the moment I die for the first time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

Just picked up a copy. Why does gear you unlock expire? I dont get it? Customization stuff like clothing and helmet and stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Nodferatu wrote: »
    Just picked up a copy. Why does gear you unlock expire? I dont get it? Customization stuff like clothing and helmet and stuff.

I haven't a clue. We were trying to figure this out too. Why does it expire? It's not like it gives you any bonus abilities or anything as far as I can see :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Right...supply drops.

Is there any way of knowing how to get these? As crazy as it sounds, I seem to get these every three matches the moment I die for the first time!

http://ie.ign.com/wikis/call-of-duty-advanced-warfare/Supply_Drops

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I haven't a clue. We were trying to figure this out too. Why does it expire? It's not like it gives you any bonus abilities or anything as far as I can see :confused:

As far as I know it is only special gear that you get through care packages that expire like the bloodshot helmet

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Right...supply drops.

I think you definitely get a supply drop for first blood in a game.

• Mr Blobby wrote: »
    I'm currently playing on a 1mb connection and haven't noticed any lag. maybe my **** connection is pulling everyone elses down :D

Defiantly a game issue. In fairness I'm not too fair off you (2mb).

But regardless guys I know with 100mb fibre lines are having the same lag.

BTW I'm on X1 so not sure about the PS4

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

tony1980 wrote: »
    Some clips from the last few nights although last night was crazy bad for lag. It seemed to calm down when there was 3 or less in a party and when we played team deathmatch!

What are you playing that on? Everyone is just standing around in those clips waiting to be shot...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 248 ✭✭DanTheMan91

Im on PS4 and I am finding the lag very bad today :( was grand the last 2 days.

• Advertisement

What are you playing that on? Everyone is just standing around in those clips waiting to be shot...

:pac: Think that was early on when a lot of people hadn't a clue what they were doing and it made for easy pickings :D

Advertisement