Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare | News/Info/Speculation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

tony1980 wrote: »
    :pac: Think that was early on when a lot of people hadn't a clue what they were doing and it made for easy pickings :D

either that or they were in awe of our l33t skillz.

it was funny the first night, the amount of players that dont look up to see you boosting in. :D

by night 2, the lag and awareness had kicked in :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Defiantly a game issue. In fairness I'm not too fair off you (2mb).

But regardless guys I know with 100mb fibre lines are having the same lag.

BTW I'm on X1 so not sure about the PS4

I'm on vodafone efibre. xbox 360 wired to router. Speedtest generally 88-92mb down and 19mb up. ping to google about 8-12ms

Some games are unplayable for me. Empty full mag from BAL into someone and they turn and kill me. Found it was worse when played in party with 4 or 5 others.

Still enjoying the game but struggling to keep k/d positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Anyone on PS$ add me benji87ftw looking forward to some good games on the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

A few clips from the last few days

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I've actually forgotten how much fun COD is when you start going on a absolute tear and are racking up kills.

...It doesn't happen often so i make the most of it :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Is anybody having any trouble connecting to the call of duty servers on xbox one?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Nedved85 wrote: »
    Is anybody having any trouble connecting to the call of duty servers on xbox one?

Playing away here grand...

Nedved85 wrote: »

Chances are you have a strict NAT type. Maybe reset your router?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Have been a casual COD player over the last few years, only playing campaign though and not online, jumped in to play a few death matches last night, my god it was brutal, played 3 games - 23 deaths and not one kill - haha hope Im able to learn how to improve (still enjoyed myself though)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Have been a casual COD player over the last few years, only playing campaign though and not online, jumped in to play a few death matches last night, my god it was brutal, played 3 games - 23 deaths and not one kill - haha hope Im able to learn how to improve (still enjoyed myself though)

Play a few offline games against bots to get a feel for the gun play etc, its different to single player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

I have the same problem usually although I haven't bought this one. I'm not sure if it's just because everyone is really really really good at it from playing it so much or is there some kind of lag or delay they have all figured out and sorted. It feels like the second you try to fire your dead!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I'm not a great player, but wbhen I die, I do everything it takes to get that first kill and then go from there. I'm usually far more patient and sneaky, but once I have it, guns are blazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I'm not a great player, but wbhen I die, I do everything it takes to get that first kill and then go from there. I'm usually far more patient and sneaky, but once I have it, guns are blazing!
    Yes I think patience is key I usually can't contain myself and go looking for someone to kill. Probably not the smartest move.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

iamtony wrote: »
    Yes I think patience is key I usually can't contain myself and go looking for someone to kill. Probably not the smartest move.

That was my problem was exploring around everywhere, do you find soemhwere to hide and and lurk around and wait for kills to come to you??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

That was my problem was exploring around everywhere, do you find soemhwere to hide and and lurk around and wait for kills to come to you??

try playing something like domination - if you hold a flag, enemies are generally only going to be coming from one direction - unless someone moves too far forward and flips the spawn. Also, it might not seem like it but most maps are divided into lanes - some will have more traffic than others, once you get a feel for it you'll know the general direction that opponents are going to be coming from.

that being said - the exo suits have opened things up a lot more than they used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Something I picked up from a driftor video was how he mentioned taking killstreaks of and using the freed up slots for extra perks an equipment because killstreaks in this game are (i) mostly crap (ii) require high points to get and (iii) staying alive long enough to get them is more difficult in this game

I think I'm going to just run UAV on my classes and add another perk for the next while and see how it goes

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

x43r0 wrote: »
    Something I picked up from a driftor video was how he mentioned taking killstreaks of and using the freed up slots for extra perks an equipment because killstreaks in this game are (i) mostly crap (ii) require high points to get and (iii) staying alive long enough to get them is more difficult in this game

I think I'm going to just run UAV on my classes and add another perk for the next while and see how it goes

I think most of the killstreaks are borderline useless to be honest. I'm running pimped UAVs which come sout at about 900 but is a fantastic asset later in a tight team game.

Three gun attachments on my BAL and 5 perks with my Akimbo SMGS :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I use UAV and that ghastly hacker thing. Don't use nades and the Exo special isn't overly necessary either. Secondary weapon can go too if you want more space for perks and attachments.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

AdamD wrote: »
    I use UAV and that ghastly hacker thing. Don't use nades and the Exo special isn't overly necessary either. Secondary weapon can go too if you want more space for perks and attachments.

I was skeptical of the exo abilities but saw some vidoes of guys using the stim ability which gives extra health. It's essentially like having juggernaut

They would activate it before jumping on a flag/hardpoint etc

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

The game is being hacked already, we were playing Dom last night on Solar and a guy was inside the wall near A Dom killing people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

im playing the campaign, seem to have fallen out of the gaming area, i am below everyone outside the nuclear plant and cant get back up, i quit the game and its the same on start up
    any ideas lads ?

i had to restart the mission
    ffs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭Kharrell

So, how are people finding this game? I've not played Call of Duty properly since Black Ops 1. By properly I mean I've only played an hour here or there on Black Ops 2 and the horrendous Ghosts game at a friend's house while I wait for him to get ready before heading out or whatever.

I've seen the review of the game on IGN and equally a lot of backlash in comments sections there, Twitter and Facebook, and I must admit that I'm very skeptical of handing over my money for it given that IGN always gives COD a minimum of 8.5. I think Ghosts received something like that last year. Advanced Warare received a 9.1 which is incredibly high praise and is up alongside games like Sunset Overdrive, one of my favourite and best games of this year, and close in rating to the The Last Of Us Remastered which is an exceptional game too.

Kharrell wrote: »
    So, how are people finding this game? I've not played Call of Duty properly since Black Ops 1. By properly I mean I've only played an hour here or there on Black Ops 2 and the horrendous Ghosts game at a friend's house while I wait for him to get ready before heading out or whatever.

I've seen the review of the game on IGN and equally a lot of backlash in comments sections there, Twitter and Facebook, and I must admit that I'm very skeptical of handing over my money for it given that IGN always gives COD a minimum of 8.5. I think Ghosts received something like that last year. Advanced Warare received a 9.1 which is incredibly high praise and is up alongside games like Sunset Overdrive, one of my favourite and best games of this year, and close in rating to the The Last Of Us Remastered which is an exceptional game too.

Well the last COD i bought was Black Ops which i loved. I stopped playing them after that on moved onto BF. Since coming back i must say i'm impressed. it really does feel different but in a good way.

As far as IGN's review goes you're probably best not comparing it to Sunset Overdrive and TLOU. Instead look at the review score and compare it to other CODs. Overall if you take all the reviews its pretty well liked.. But as always you might be best borrowing it off a mate to see if you like it.

Kharrell wrote: »

have a look here at peoples first impressions of the game
    seems quite positive

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057319760

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

The game is being hacked already, we were playing Dom last night on Solar and a guy was inside the wall near A Dom killing people.

Was he glitching now or actually modding? And are you on next gen or last gen?

Can anyone confirm whether the win loss ratio is ranked out of 1 or if it goes above like previous games?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

It appears to be a Double XP Weekend :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement