Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare | News/Info/Speculation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Does the voice chat notification popping up in the middle of the screen get annoying or no?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 fill3rup_

Havent bought a COD game since MW2,really enjoying this (apart from the lag)

psn: Fill3rup_

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 fill3rup_

Currently playing TDM on Ps4. Add me if u want to join a party. IrishFeeney92

Ill add you when i get home from work,dunno how much ill get to play over the weekend though,mainly get to play more during the week....

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

When you're defending a hardpoint and it becomes contested I like to think of the enemy player as a "contesticle"...that is all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I miss demolition :(

• Patch news;

Still walking around the whole "dedicated server" question. Pure PR bull.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2014/11/10/call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-update-coming-soon

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭ems_medic

They Activision press release didnt skirt around the dedicated servers question though.

Basically, dedicated servers for general matchmaking / connection matching on consoles and then to pick a host for the game.

People are still shocked there are no dedicated servers for CoD ? :P:P:P:P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Still double XP it seems. Anyone know what time till?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Still double XP it seems. Anyone know what time till?

I think it's usually 6pm on the Monday after the DXP weekend

• Advertisement

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    I think it's usually 6pm on the Monday after the DXP weekend

Ah kk cool. I was used to Battlefield being 8am the Monday morning :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Ah kk cool. I was used to Battlefield being 8am the Monday morning :)

Battlefield :rolleyes:

:P:P

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Battlefield :rolleyes:

Hate to say it but at the moment BF4 is working better than AW and THATS saying something :P:P:P:P:P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

over the weekend, i have noticed the game being playable. less lag and it became enjoyable since then. i think a ****load of guns needs to be included in the DLC in order to keep it fresh as their is fcuk all to choose from which is my biggest con in AW

• Registered Users Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

There are tonnes of guns to choose from, they just need to nerf the BAL to actually make them useable. There is 30 odd guns, absolutely no reason to have more than that in a game.

AdamD wrote: »
    There are tonnes of guns to choose from, they just need to nerf the BAL to actually make them useable. There is 30 odd guns, absolutely no reason to have more than that in a game.

there is 5 assault rifles in AW compared to 8 in ghosts. no mention of a nerf to the bal in the patch notes sadly

• Registered Users Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

5 assault rifles is loads. Nobody ever uses all of the guns anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Does it need it?
    I haven't used it much since i'm finding my custom AK12 to be very good at distance.

5 assault rifles is loads. Nobody ever uses all of the guns anyway.

really? loads? must be a personal con of mine then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Does it need it?
    I haven't used it much since i'm finding my custom AK12 to be very good at distance.

Started using the ak again and its a beast. Starting to do well again. Winning games and going positive. Def the best cod since mw2 imo

• Advertisement

I don't even think they need to nerf the BAL. Problem is that most people use it as a starting gun and stick with it.

Fact is the BAL is completely PWNED by the IMR over distance and at short range if you have the trigger finger and the accuracy for it. 1 - 2 bursts over distance or up close and they are down but you need to hit every bullet in the burst.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭Kharrell

Cheers lads, I've bought it anyway, but won't get a chance to play it till the weekend.
    have a look here at peoples first impressions of the game
    seems quite positive

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057319760
    Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Well the last COD i bought was Black Ops which i loved. I stopped playing them after that on moved onto BF. Since coming back i must say i'm impressed. it really does feel different but in a good way.

As far as IGN's review goes you're probably best not comparing it to Sunset Overdrive and TLOU. Instead look at the review score and compare it to other CODs. Overall if you take all the reviews its pretty well liked.. But as always you might be best borrowing it off a mate to see if you like it.

I don't, but I'm just merely drawing comparisons with this and past Call of Duty games is all which I probably shouldn't I know, but can't help it after Modern Warfare 3 and Ghosts. Usually Call of Duty is well received for the opening week up to a month or two before the flaws in the game really do show up and affects ones enjoyment of the game I've found in the past.

Anyway, I just saw who reviewed the game for IGN now and it makes some sense the rating received.

I'll get stuck in this weekend, looking forward to Uplink game type the most. Looks incredibly fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭shanec1928

thank god chat has moved from the middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

whats the best trade in value for this?

gamestop offering 38 in-store credit
    xtravision offering 40 in-store credit.

can you get any better than this??

Nodferatu wrote: »
    whats the best trade in value for this?

gamestop offering 38 in-store credit
    xtravision offering 40 in-store credit.

can you get any better than this??

€45 cash or €50 in store credit in CeX if you have 1 near you:

https://ie.webuy.com/product.php?sku=5030917147944

€45 cash or €50 in store credit in CeX if you have 1 near you:

https://ie.webuy.com/product.php?sku=5030917147944

hmmm.. yes but rather not do business with them, i could tell you a few truths about cex that might deter you from ever buying from them. anywhere but cex lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

I could tell you a few truths about my arse but I wont, go on sure, spill.

just traded it in at xtravision €40

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Nodferatu wrote: »
    hmmm.. yes but rather not do business with them, i could tell you a few truths about cex that might deter you from ever buying from them. anywhere but cex lol

Then do, could prevent any of us being possibly fuked over in the future

• Advertisement

Then do, could prevent any of us being possibly fuked over in the future

my girlfriend used to work for them, they don't properly check any of the stuff they get traded in. friend of mine bought an ipod from a store and it broke down a week later and they wouldn't refund her or do anything for her. same thing happened to me with a dvd i got was a dud and had more scratches than id ever seen. they wouldn't refund or credit me because it wasn't within the 1-2 days return period. id just be cautious buying anything from them as they don't actually check to see if items are broken or not. phones/ipods etc. id be wary buying a game in there.

Advertisement