Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare | News/Info/Speculation

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Nodferatu wrote: »
    my girlfriend used to work for them, they don't properly check any of the stuff they get traded in. friend of mine bought an ipod from a store and it broke down a week later and they wouldn't refund her or do anything for her. same thing happened to me with a dvd i got was a dud and had more scratches than id ever seen. they wouldn't refund or credit me because it wasn't within the 1-2 days return period. id just be cautious buying anything from them as they don't actually check to see if items are broken or not. phones/ipods etc. id be wary buying a game in there.

Don't see why this would stop someone from using their system to gain a better price for their stuff when selling tho. Might as well take advantage of their higher offered prices! :p

I'm not sure what store that was but from my experiences in the Wexford & Waterford CeX stores. They thoroughly check everything. Even little micro sd card I got from e-bay says 32gb on the card but was only 8gb on the actual card. They even checked that and couldn't take it from me. lol.

I've also had no problems returning stuff under the 12 month warranty they offer neither. You must just have bad luck :confused:

Anyway, sorry for going off topic here. Back to COD chat! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

Anyone have any idea what the trade-in value of the 360 version might be in Gamestop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭Seridisand

Was there a patch on the 360 over the weekend? Can't find anything on the release notes. Guns seem to be more balanced now, still glitches on the maps and ridiculous lag but its playable :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I'll be on tonight for a few games, didn't see anyone on over the weekend so didn't bother. Hope everyone didn't trade it in!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

I'll be on too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Yeah there was some patch alright. I havent had a laggy match since.

Havoc, the first DLC pack for Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, is set to release early next year. This pack will come with an all-new weapon, the AE4 directed energy Assault Rifle. The AE4 combines a versatile firing mechanism with all-around movement speed and handling. In addition to the base weapon, the AE4 Widowmaker custom variant will also be included.

As a bonus to Xbox Season Pass holders, you’ll receive early access to the AE4 and the AE4 Widowmaker starting December 11th. Don't worry if you'll be receiving Season Pass during the holidays; anyone that gets an Xbox 360 or Xbox One Season Pass after the 11th will gain instant access to both weapons.

M1XPR03.jpg?2

Source: https://community.callofduty.com/community/call_of_duty/english/advancedwarfare/blog/2014/11/24/get-early-access-to-the-dlc-1-bonus-weapon-with-season-pass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,948 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Not a huge fan of the energy AR's, thought they might have giving us a decent SMG!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

The Laaaazer gun must have been patched, it's way OP now

• Advertisement

Exo Zombies Trailer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Anyone happen to know how much trade in this is going for? Excellent game, but I've gone over the single player twice and the online isn't my thing.

cloud493 wrote: »
    Anyone happen to know how much trade in this is going for? Excellent game, but I've gone over the single player twice and the online isn't my thing.

€45 cash OR €65 store credit for Xbox ONE & PS4 version.

€40 cash OR €58 store credit for 360 & PS3.

In CeX stores:
    https://ie.webuy.com/search/index.php?stext=advanced+warfare&section=

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Got it Friday and I only played campaign. I am really liking it. I guess I am somewhere half way in campaign, but it is very predictable so far.
    It's better campaign then modern warfare, but not even a patch on black ops 2.

Will try multi-player later.

Campaign finished last night. It started off very well, but the second part was just so predictable and ending was just horrible. Outside of that it was enjoyable shooter.
    I will stick to multi-player tonight. Something tells me that all those suit powers might make multi-player a fun playground!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Anyone know if you can reset your rank? My girlfriends little brother was up at the weekend and really advanced my rank but would prefer to do it myself, delete the saved files of the game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,948 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Anyone know if you can reset your rank? My girlfriends little brother was up at the weekend and really advanced my rank but would prefer to do it myself, delete the saved files of the game?

In multiplayer I don't think you can, I wouldn't worry about it there is 15 prestiges to get through, when you prestige the 1st time you will get the same unlocks as you go up through the ranks.

Damn this forum got dead lol.

So gave multi-player a bash and I do like it. But only when I am not pinned against level 10 prestige 8 year olds, who just make me their bitch...
    I really enjoying this more then ghost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭CptMackey

So gave multi-player a bash and I do like it. But only when I am not pinned against level 10 prestige 8 year olds, who just make me their bitch...

Ya this place is fairly quiet alright. I find if you pick a gun like the bal or the ak and put the mirco phone on it , it helps a lot.

• Advertisement

I will get around to playing it with you at some stage but just such a backlog of games to get through on Xbox ONE at the moment :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Free to play on Steam for 48 more hours afaik if anyone wants to try it out for free.

36.5gb download though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

CptMackey wrote: »
    Ya this place is fairly quiet alright. I find if you pick a gun like the bal or the ak and put the mirco phone on it , it helps a lot.

Bal or AK tbh since the patches I am preferring the AK. If you use subs then KF5 or ASM1 are the best 2 options.

Also equip at least one class with hardwired as there are a lot of people running system hacks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,299 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Snipers are pretty gash in this. You'd think they could have made them better seeing as how people can zoom around the map. I don't mind using the ARs but it's just not the same. BO2 had perfectly balanced sniping I think, in this they are very difficult to use. I mean, what use is a 2 shot sniper rifle? I've used the shoulder mounted one and that has potential but the other 3 are gack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Liam O wrote: »
    Snipers are pretty gash in this. You'd think they could have made them better seeing as how people can zoom around the map. I don't mind using the ARs but it's just not the same. BO2 had perfectly balanced sniping I think, in this they are very difficult to use. I mean, what use is a 2 shot sniper rifle? I've used the shoulder mounted one and that has potential but the other 3 are gack.

The M.O.R.S is one shot most of the time if it's upper body, and the atlas is just a monster of a gun!

They are balanced very well in this imo, I like sniping but nothing worse than OP snipers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,299 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

The M.O.R.S is one shot most of the time if it's upper body, and the atlas is just a monster of a gun!

They are balanced very well in this imo, I like sniping but nothing worse than OP snipers!
    They might be one shot but something feels off when firing the MORS anyway, like it's not fluid. You are standing there like an idiot while people fly around you for the most part. I guess I'll have to stick to classic for sniping...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Liam O wrote: »
    They might be one shot but something feels off when firing the MORS anyway, like it's not fluid. You are standing there like an idiot while people fly around you for the most part. I guess I'll have to stick to classic for sniping...

Never played the classic mode. Any good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,245 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

This was 15 quid on PC so I got it. Haven't played a MW game since MW3 but the campaign was fun, haven't tried the multiplayer yet though, I never really liked the online multiplayer in COD. At 15 quid its worth it for the single player alone though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Is the multiplayer campy? I stopped getting this on day 1 like I did other COD's after the camping disasters that were BOII & Ghosts. I'd love a return to the likes of MW3 where the sub-machine guns could shoot kinda straight, apart from the Ripper from Ghosts but I didn't bother with the dlc - it's retarded to think the best gun in the class made you have to pay extra to get it. Also, many were less stronger than AR's at short range.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 KevinMunster12

Is the multiplayer campy? I stopped getting this on day 1 like I did other COD's after the camping disasters that were BOII & Ghosts. I'd love a return to the likes of MW3 where the sub-machine guns could shoot half straight, apart from the Ripper from Ghosts but I didn't bother with the dlc - it's retarded to think the best gun in the class made you have to pay extra to get it. Also, many were actually less stronger than at short range.

No its not campy, it probably the most fast paced cod so far.

Advertisement