Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare | News/Info/Speculation

Options
1212223242527»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Thinking of getting this on ps4, last cod i played was ghosts and then Black Ops 1 before that. Just wondering how it plays now as regards hackers or glitching and balancing. Also how would ye rate the set of maps in this years game? Is it an even mix of good maps or only a few stand out and the rest are meh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Thinking of getting this on ps4, last cod i played was ghosts and then Black Ops 1 before that. Just wondering how it plays now as regards hackers or glitching and balancing. Also how would ye rate the set of maps in this years game? Is it an even mix of good maps or only a few stand out and the rest are meh?

cant decide on the maps tbh, i seem to be flying around too much to learn the layout fully
    as for glitching, haven't seen any of it, one thing i will say is if your up against a team the amount of system hack can be very annoying, so always have a class with hard wired perk
    not seen much camping, see the odd fella plotted up in the corner of a room but a rabbitt punch in the head solves this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

cant decide on the maps tbh, i seem to be flying around too much to learn the layout fully
    as for glitching, haven't seen any of it, one thing i will say is if your up against a team the amount of system hack can be very annoying, so always have a class with hard wired perk
    not seen much camping, see the odd fella plotted up in the corner of a room but a rabbitt punch in the head solves this

+1 need a class with hardwired. I dont really see too much camping. It is too easy to flank a camper. I have a KF5/ASM1 class with lightweight and exo overclock and you move really quick.

I have prestiged 4 times, it does take a bit of time but I have kind of learned the flow to most of the maps,common spots etc.

One thing that does frustrate me is the skill based matchmaking side of it. I always seem to have to try hard to do well. Struggling to keep a positive K/D etc Cant really just mess around with some of the weaker weapons as end up doing pretty badly. I find I can use most of the subs and ARs but the shotguns/heavy weapons seem to lose out in the majority of gunfights because they don't seem to be that powerful compared to the other classes.

Tried playing in a couple of games in a party and we all used the XMGs (dual wield machine guns) was fun but we got beaten in all the matches as other teams were all using BALs, AK12s or ASM1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

heroics wrote: »
    +1 you need a class with hardwired.
    /QUOTE]

Reason for the hardwired is not so much for the standard system hack but I have been system hacked with exo disabled and extended time (TBH best way to run it). This can be a real pain if it happens to you as the maps are really hard to negotiate without the exo movement

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭da gamer

Got this for Christmas, started the mp tonight, have to say I'm loving it so far, really fast paced. Anyone here playing this on ps4?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭gs300

Hi,

Never Played COD before as i wasn't a big gamer.

I got COD AW at the weekend as it was reduced and need something to play on the PS 4 and i am liking it.

Could guess the story line after the 2nd mission but still enjoying my first taste of COD.

Don't play online but Might look in to it is it worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

gs300 wrote: »
    Hi,

Never Played COD before as i wasn't a big gamer.

I got COD AW at the weekend as it was reduced and need something to play on the PS 4 and i am liking it.

Could guess the story line after the 2nd mission but still enjoying my first taste of COD.

Don't play online but Might look in to it is it worth it?

Yep its fast and furious, stick with it as you might feel overwhelmed starting off, there is a combat readiness mode where you play against bots I think give that a go first.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭james123

Hi

New enough to the game, is it true you have to pay for the zombie mode and if so how much?

Any other way of getting it without paying?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

It's part of the first dlc I think. Probably about 15 euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/consoles/call-of-duty-advanced-warfare/qr#

For Xbox users. Go to the above link and you should be able to claim a free Avatar Sentinel Task Force Exo Suit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement