Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare | News/Info/Speculation

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

everlast75 wrote: »
    Ml brother in the US said it was announced recently that over there, if you burly the download version for the One, it's downloaded to your 360 too which is a great idea to those caught in transition

Now that's something that would convince me to buy it.

Leo puts this better than I can

1412343140996.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,155 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

x43r0 wrote: »
    Now that's something that would convince me to buy it.

Leo puts this better than I can

1412343140996.gif

Yep free upgrade from PS3/Xbox 360 to next gen they did the same for Destiny think it has to be upgraded before next May!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Dayum wrote: »
    What if it turns out to be something you weren't expecting? Doesn't matter if you get the DLC for free in that case because you wouldn't be playing a game you disliked for the sake of it, would you?

its call of duty. its like wondering if fifa 16 is gonna be something im not expecting. its more of the same stuff with new jumping mechanics.

i really dont see what the problem with wanting to save money, and have it all convieniently paid for when i enjoyed every call of duty ever made.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

MarkY91 wrote: »
    its call of duty. its like wondering if fifa 16 is gonna be something im not expecting. its more of the same stuff with new jumping mechanics.

i really dont see what the problem with wanting to save money, and have it all convieniently paid for when i enjoyed every call of duty ever made.

Even mw3 and ghosts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,271 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Yep free upgrade from PS3/Xbox 360 to next gen they did the same for Destiny think it has to be upgraded before next May!

confirmed - cool :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 nd81

Still not sold on this game as I skipped ghosts because 'insert the usual complaints here' and had even skipped buying black ops 2 myself but a friend actually bought two copies and gave me one and it ended up being one of the better cods so if AW ends up getting back reviews and reception I'll probably stick to only buying treyarch cods in the future since IW have obviously gone to total sh!t. At least the graphics have improved some bit this time around

Do any of you watch YouTube gaming videos? If you do what games and if its cod related what type of content and what would you like to see in AW?

AW is not an IW title

nd81 wrote: »
    AW is not an IW title

I know, the 3 year development cycle is known to anyone who has any bit of interest in cod since they mentioned it a lot.

Even mw3 and ghosts?

theyre down there with my least favourite call of duties but i enjoyed them

Day Zero Digital Edition is now up on the PSN store no sign of the version with the season pass included but I'd say it will appear at some stage next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭drumm23

Day Zero Digital Edition is now up on the PSN store no sign of the version with the season pass included but I'd say it will appear at some stage next week!

How much is it on PSN?

• Advertisement

there is a version on the US store for 99 dollars. i THINK it is the version with the DLC. if so, ill be getting that one.

there is a version on the US store for 99 dollars. i THINK it is the version with the DLC. if so, ill be getting that one.

or if anyone knows a way to get the physical copy that will arrive on release day? the DLC version. id rather that over digital.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

When is this out.

I foolishly bought the hardened edition last year. Got my money worth though in fairness.

But not gonna do it this year. Gonna wait for the butt hurts to sell it and get it cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

How many players aside for the likes of ground war have 12v12 ? I'd always been a COD fan but switched to battlefield this year for a change. 6v6 would seem a bit small one the new consoles

How many players aside for the likes of ground war have 12v12 ? I'd always been a COD fan but switched to battlefield this year for a change. 6v6 would seem a bit small one the new consoles

Still not as bad as titanfall lol. Cod maps are a lot smaller than battlefields and with the majority of players being more run & gunners if they had much more it'd be insane, I'd still like to have the option though. If they had an 18 vs 18 game mode where it was totally bare bones, just the weapons and no grenades, RPGs, grenade launchers or killstreaks, I think it'd be fun in a ridiculous, hectic way.

Still not as bad as titanfall lol. Cod maps are a lot smaller than battlefields and with the majority of players being more run & gunners if they had much more it'd be insane, I'd still like to have the option though. If they had an 18 vs 18 game mode where it was totally bare bones, just the weapons and no grenades, RPGs, grenade launchers or killstreaks, I think it'd be fun in a ridiculous, hectic way.
    Ya If it their were more players in a small map it would be too crazy . Just didnt like ghosts at all and only played in twice before playing battlefield and never went back . I do miss the killstreaks since i've swtched but thats all so far.

It will be another year till Zombies returns so ill wait and see how the reviews are before buying this one when it comes out

Ya If it their were more players in a small map it would be too crazy . Just didnt like ghosts at all and only played in twice before playing battlefield and never went back . I do miss the killstreaks since i've swtched but thats all so far.

It will be another year till Zombies returns so ill wait and see how the reviews are before buying this one when it comes out

I never felt that when I played battlefield. Always thought that was a strong point of the game because it shows the massive scale it has compared to call of duty. Like in call of duty you have minimal control of whatever vehicles like helicopters you get for killstreaks and some of those can feel cool but you're forced to leave them as quickly as you got them. Whereas in battlefield it's just crazy that you can freely get into a tank or boat or helicopter or jet and play full matches in those. The craziest being jets and helicopters, like you can be in one and having a full on battle against the other team in the air and it feels like you're playing an entirely separate game from what's possible by just jumping out and parachuting to the ground, where you can then just enter into a battle on the ground that has been going on while you were previously in the chopper. The scale of those games is honestly mind blowing, I think its a big part of why the learning curve puts off people who are used to other fps game, there's so much to take in and learn in every single map.

I usually play both games each year but skipped ghosts and bf4 this year, mostly because I didn't have a ps4 yet. Played bf4 last week though and even though I played bf3 for like 20 days I was a bit lost trying to readjust. Really don't like the new controls for jets and choppers. Will wait a month or two before picking up advanced warfare to see the general opinions on its replayability

I never felt that when I played battlefield. Always thought that was a strong point of the game because it shows the massive scale it has compared to call of duty. Like in call of duty you have minimal control of whatever vehicles like helicopters you get for killstreaks and some of those can feel cool but you're forced to leave them as quickly as you got them. Whereas in battlefield it's just crazy that you can freely get into a tank or boat or helicopter or jet and play full matches in those. The craziest being jets and helicopters, like you can be in one and having a full on battle against the other team in the air and it feels like you're playing an entirely separate game from what's possible by just jumping out and parachuting to the ground, where you can then just enter into a battle on the ground that has been going on while you were previously in the chopper. The scale of those games is honestly mind blowing, I think its a big part of why the learning curve puts off people who are used to other fps game, there's so much to take in and learn in every single map.

I usually play both games each year but skipped ghosts and bf4 this year, mostly because I didn't have a ps4 yet. Played bf4 last week though and even though I played bf3 for like 20 days I was a bit lost trying to readjust. Really don't like the new controls for jets and choppers. Will wait a month or two before picking up advanced warfare to see the general opinions on its replayability

Having never played bf3 i didnt have that problem but my brother setup the controls for me and he reverted the jets and choppers to the bf3 config. think he change the controls to vet mode in settings .

Main thing i miss was trying to build a killstreak, miss might be a bit strong a word :) . Loving the 32v32 matches for the shear scale of it . After nearly 10 years of almost exclusively playing COD i guess i needed a break to freshen it up .

Some of the features in advanced warefare will really freshen things up and so I could well be back in November to the cod world .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

I agree. Battlefield has a steep learning curve particularly if you're coming from the COD world but once you get the hang of things - good god....

You'll never go back.

The freedom BF offers you is astonishing. When I play COD I feel I'm "trapped" in the maps. I'm going to wait for Battlefield: Hardline in March. The whole COD concept seems so last gen to me. (I'm on PC)

If you're into Zombies mode, look into Killing Floor 2 (also released in March)

• Advertisement

Lads this is the cod forum off over to the Battlefield forums with the love in! I prefer Destiny MP over BF which I find is closer to COD style mp, also anyone who has played Destiny will be well used to the Titan jumping when it comes out, I just hope it's better then ghosts, otherwise I'll be back over to destiny until Treyarchs's Cod next November!

Why do COD players get their backs up when BF is mentioned? Is it some kind of inferiority complex? You can talk about COD all day in the BF forums and nobody bats an eye-lid....

COD can learn a hell of a lot from Battlefield and there are some things COD does that would work well in BF too. I don't see how we can't have a discussion on where exactly COD falls short.

Destiny is more like Halo (being Bungie) than COD I'd say. Titanfall is more like COD.

I agree. Battlefield has a steep learning curve particularly if you're coming from the COD world but once you get the hang of things - good god....

You'll never go back.

The freedom BF offers you is astonishing. When I play COD I feel I'm "trapped" in the maps. I'm going to wait for Battlefield: Hardline in March. The whole COD concept seems so last gen to me. (I'm on PC)

If you're into Zombies mode, look into Killing Floor 2 (also released in March)

i got the hang of battlefield 4 and put a few days worth of gameplay into it and have recently sold it as it gets boring very fast.

call of duty for me is fun. thats why i play video games..

i got the hang of battlefield 4 and put a few days worth of gameplay into it and have recently sold it as it gets boring very fast.

call of duty for me is fun. thats why i play video games..

You're on 360.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

You're on 360.

Thats the problem right there with BF players and the game, awfully self righteous.

its like the PC Master race that goes on over consoles.

Why do COD players get their backs up when BF is mentioned? Is it some kind of inferiority complex? You can talk about COD all day in the BF forums and nobody bats an eye-lid....

COD can learn a hell of a lot from Battlefield and there are some things COD does that would work well in BF too. I don't see how we can't have a discussion on where exactly COD falls short.

Destiny is more like Halo (being Bungie) than COD I'd say. Titanfall is more like COD.

My backs not up but your gone off topic, I tried twice to switch over to battlefield and found it boring maps to big spawns broken and even more camping snipers, not to mention that BF4 seems to have been broken on release. But I don't want to go down the BF vs COD discussion!
    Back on COD I personally think that cod needs to go back to its roots and I hope that Treyarch's effort will be WAW2 and stop with this future crap! AW looks way to similar to Ghosts for my liking.

• Advertisement

You're on 360.

Not sure why it was even released on last gen consoles lol. Awful version of the game. It gets boring fast because servers don't do 32 v 32. Even in bf3 that was an issue during the most populated times compared to how it would've been with more people.

^ A totally basic call of duty like cod 1 or 2 from treyarch would be great. Just completely skilled gaming. No stupid killstreaks constantly killing you or ridiculous perks. Just everyone running around with a gun and grenade on well planned out maps. I still play cod2 from time to time and its always fun, the only bad thing is how dated the graphics are.

You're on 360.

PS4 actually. i find it stupid when battlefield fanboys belittle call of duty fans. i played both games this year ALOT. there was a time when i wouldnt even play cod and i would play bf4 instead but as i said, i ended up selling battlefield as it got boring quickly. nothing to do with being acustomed to the quick fps style of cod as i adjusted and became fairly good at battlefield(except the flying, i was ****e at it)

anyone try playing ghosts after 2-3 weeks of destiny/fifa only?

i kept using R1 to try meelee and felt disabled because i couldnt super jump lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,757 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Battlefield does not have a steep learning curve, its almost as low as Cod's.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Lads, less of the back and fourth on what's better between CoD and BF. Also, put away the elitist attitude that PC is the god of all things. Different strokes, different folks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,271 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Zombies confirmed for Advanced Warfare according to some!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

everlast75 wrote: »
    Zombies confirmed for Advanced Warfare according to some!!

i thought it was some kind of horde mode - against waves of human enemies?

i thought it was some kind of horde mode - against waves of human enemies?

It's a bonus round to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Oh wow, just realised how brainwashed I am by COD, or how much I buy it out of habit whenever a new one comes out.

Put a deposit on the preorder yesterday without seeing any gameplay. Watching it today for the first time - WTF? Are there jetpacks or something? What's with the jumping? And the guns look ridiculous :(

Edit: Just watched the multiplayer reveal trailer - answered a lot of my questions. Don't think this is the game for me :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Oh wow, just realised how brainwashed I am by COD, or how much I buy it out of habit whenever a new one comes out.

Put a deposit on the preorder yesterday without seeing any gameplay. Watching it today for the first time - WTF? Are there jetpacks or something? What's with the jumping? And the guns look ridiculous :(

Ah stop, you cant be that much of a fan that you've gone right up to three weeks before launch to check out some gameplay! I used to love hearing new info on the games before they came out and would scour the internet for footage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Yeah very futuristic. .. hence the titanfall comparisons. Apparently a substantial amount of cod loyalists now pleading with developers to return to possibly a world at war 2 or something similar. Too many halo type games out there now especially with the arrival of destiny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Ah stop, you cant be that much of a fan that you've gone right up to three weeks before launch to check out some gameplay! I used to love hearing new info on the games before they came out and would scour the internet for footage.

I'm not a huge fan or anything, I just buy the game whenever it comes out. I usually enjoy it. A lot of the criticisms people have had for the latest releases are usually lost on me - I'm a very casual gamer and I've just enjoyed them. But I'd never scour the internet for footage or anything, I was just in Gamestop on my lunch and seen the "Coming Soon" copies and decided to put a deposit down.

Probably way too soon, but I understand it works on rotation now between who makes the game each year - is there any word what next year's one will be like? Never been into futuristic shooters. For me, the original Black Ops is the best COD ever. Firing Range is possibly my favourite ever map :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Couldn't agree more. .... Although i always had a soft spot for the first world at war....

i felt the same when i first knew what kinda game its going to be, but now im actually looking forward to it. ive a feeling that the next one will go right back to world war 2 though. but for now, a threesome of cod, halo and titanfall will keep me happy :D

• Advertisement

Yeah very futuristic. .. hence the titanfall comparisons. Apparently a substantial amount of cod loyalists now pleading with developers to return to possibly a world at war 2 or something similar. Too many halo type games out there now especially with the arrival of destiny

Doubt that'll happen anytime soon. Treyarch have probably almost finished black ops 3 at this stage and infinity ward are probably starting on ghosts 2 and aiming to prove they're not completely sh!t and then sledgehammer will more than likely continue with advanced warfare since the first one will inevitably be a success since the average cod fanboys are still buying the games regardless of them being good or not. After advanced warfare 2 i could see treyarch going back to ww1 or ww2 and having a completely plain and simple game which is the actual change we want but I'd say by then it'll be too late and the franchise will be well past its peak, but maybe a reboot in the simple gameplay (like cod 1 & cod 2, at a push cod4) could get the old fans who don't suffer from ADD back playing.

People should really start boycotting these games, at least for a month or two after launch, to bring the launch sales figures down that make Activision feel comfortable becoming complacent. AFAIK ghosts was the first cod to not break the previous records set by cod and if advanced warfare failed to break ghosts sales figures at launch it'd light a fire under Activision's ass.

How does the day zero edition work? Like if I preorder it in smyths, how would I go about playing it a day early?

I assume they'll ask for my email address and send me a code for a 24 hour version of the game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

How does the day zero edition work? Like if I preorder it in smyths, how would I go about playing it a day early?

I assume they'll ask for my email address and send me a code for a 24 hour version of the game?

you get it a day early from smyths and double xp for the 24 hours and 2 extra guns, thats if they have any left, gamestop sold out very quick

you get it a day early from smyths and double xp for the 24 hours and 2 extra guns, thats if they have any left, gamestop sold out very quick

they may be gone? i thought seeing that cod isnt as popular, id get one easily. ill be going in on monday.

i could have sworn i saw someone on youtube mention a code you get to play the digital version for the 24 hours. hopefully there is day zero editions left in smyths. dont fancy paying 75 euro for it in gamestop lol

New trailer I'm getting excited now!
    http://youtu.be/YSp8ZqIKEIM

• Registered Users Posts: 33 nd81

Its looks brilliant.

where are you guys getting the game?

where are you guys getting the game?

Going Digital this year on the PS4 should be preloading this day in two weeks ready for the clock to hit midnight on Sunday night!

Going Digital this year on the PS4 should be preloading this day in two weeks ready for the clock to hit midnight on Sunday night!

i want to do that myself but its 70 euro! cant even sell it in a years time. alot cheaper on the american store but it wont become available to play until the morning our time. so i may just get it in smyhts the morning after the midnight release

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

I'm going digital now I've decided
    €99 for the version with the season pass on xboxl live marketplace
    As for selling it in a years time, look at the price of ghost now
    Wouldn't get a score for it

Advertisement