Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I get this pull light working again? See pics

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Buy a new one, they are a cheap item.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Fair enough, but that will entail getting a spark in to fit it, which changes it from being cheap to maybe €40.

I posted a picture link to see if there was something I could do myself, but I am not good at DIY so I wouldn't tackle changing it myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Trying to put that switch back together would be alot more fiddly and difficult than replacing it for a new unit.

Cheers, spark it is then.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,312 ✭✭✭✭endacl

NIMAN wrote: »
    Fair enough, but that will entail getting a spark in to fit it, which changes it from being cheap to maybe €40.

I posted a picture link to see if there was something I could do myself, but I am not good at DIY so I wouldn't tackle changing it myself.

'I am not good at DIY' is a phrase that works fine when putting up a shelf. Not so much with mains electricity!

:)

• Advertisement

endacl wrote: »
    'I am not good at DIY' is a phrase that works fine when putting up a shelf. Not so much with mains electricity!

:)

Hence getting the spark in.
    I'm not stupid enough to remotely consider this.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Hope the spark has security bits for his screwdrivers, can't imagine why the original fitter used those screws to attach it to the ceiling, square drive screws are not the norm for that sort of fitting!

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

I'm a spark and all I use is square head screws.Nothing to do with security,they never slip when screwing in,much better than philips screws.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

superg wrote: »
    I'm a spark and all I use is square head screws.Nothing to do with security,they never slip when screwing in,much better than philips screws.

They also stick nicely to the end of the screw driver.
    Very handy gadgets.
    Most sparks I know have a large selection of heads in their toolbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

My aldi bit set has 3 sizes of square head

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

2011 wrote: »
    They also stick nicely to the end of the screw driver.
    Very handy gadgets.
    Most sparks I know have a large selection of heads in their toolbox.

And if you get stuck/too lazy too go too the van a Wiha flat head terminal size driver fits in just right

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

most equipment you're working on

panel screws, mcbs etc will tale the no2 pozi bit

too much hassle using square drive

Advertisement