Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

leavingcertpredictions.com ?

• 01-05-2014 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Has anyone bought any of these? Just wondering if there any good. I'm interested in the maths and biology but I don't want to spend €10 if its not worth my time.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

I can't see their predictions being any better than the ones we've made here in the predictions thread here. I wouldn't advise you to pay for what is essentially just someone else's guess.

Edit: Just had a look at the website and it looks like someone just trying to make a quick buck from stressed students and their vulnerable parents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Huell

from the look of it it would just be past paper questions or questions straight from the book. As said above its just a lad trying to make a quick buck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Seems unnecessary. Past papers are still the best practice tool and this is pretty much just to going to be an assortment of those.

For some courses there are 10+ years of past papers plus you can probably get your hands on the different companies mocks. If you've comprehensively worked through all those and the marking schemes you won't feel like you need to buy these.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Hey look someone wrote 'gullible' on the ceiling... :cool:

If this guy had genuine information on what's coming up he would be shut down by the SEC and possibly arrested for copyright. Aside from that his predictions are no different to anyone elses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I don't think the site claims anywhere to have genuine information. They do use the term predictions.

Descriptions like;
    questions and solutions in detail for all the likely questions to occur on June 2014

Seem a bit unethical though. I don't like it anyway the claims are massive and it's annoying because their program is brand new and all genuine past papers are available online with marking schemes.

• Advertisement

fewtins wrote: »
    I don't think the site claims anywhere to have genuine information. They do use the term predictions.

Correct, they don't claim to actually have any inside knowledge, which they don't of course. They do have "Highly accurate predictions" featured quite prominently on their third slide. In reality, the site owner won't have a clue whether his predictions were accurate or not until June, like the rest of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 fionn303

I and many of my friends around my area and in my school have invested in products from leavingcertpredictions.com. We all agree massively that the products are extremely beneficial and are well the money. This is a genuine comment and instead of turning to forums, try it for yourself!

fionn303 wrote: »
    I and many of my friends around my area and in my school have invested in products from leavingcertpredictions.com. We all agree massively that the products are extremely beneficial and are well the money. This is a genuine comment and instead of turning to forums, try it for yourself!

It's funny how you can find the predictions "extremely beneficial" when you don't even know if they've been the slightest bit accurate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 306 ✭✭chatterboxxx95

robman60 wrote: »
    It's funny how you can find the predictions "extremely beneficial" when you don't even know if they've been the slightest bit accurate.
    I love the way it's coming from a one post user aswell , like it's surely the truth!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I may as well pick topics out of my barney and say they are my predictions.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

fionn303 wrote: »

'We' call this shilling and it's not allowed on boards.
    Thank you for registering to post once about a company that you no doubt have no connection to, no, none at all.

At all.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement