Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everton v Manchester City - 17:30 - 03/05/2014

• 01-05-2014 7:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭

Liverpool+vs+Manchester+United.jpg

Absolutely massive game in the title race. A win for City would really put the pressure on Liverpool but if Everton were able to take even a point it would be a huge incentive for the other half of Merseyside.
    Everton have an admirable record in this fixture but are missing some key players. Should be a cracker...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Fudge You

Whats the story with the Crests?
    Im confused. What the hell is going on?
    Utd to hold Liverpool, draw, maybe 1-1????????

Tight game, loads of buses. And at the end of the game football will be the winner.

Good day for football!

MASTERCLASS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Nice OP, OP! :p

As said though a massive game which could yet feature of the great multi-dimensional interlocking thingamejiggs of football - a player on loan from Chelsea to Everton damaging City's chances of winning the league and allowing Liverpool the opportunity to win the league while Chelsea look on helplessly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭GoodisonPark

Gareth Barry will be badly missed
    Good chance of Jagielka playing though.
    Should be a cracker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

If City score first expect Everton to fold.

Utd's fans biggest game of the season so far!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Utd's fans biggest game of the season so far!

Na, Quarter-finals of the Champions League would of been I'd say. As a Liverpool fan the meaning of the Champions League might not mean much as it's been years since your team were in it. But trust me, it's a pretty big deal. You'll see next year when your team is in it but unfortunately mine will not be. They're taking a break from it all.

Keno wrote: »
    Na, Quarter-finals of the Champions League would of been I'd say. As a Liverpool fan the meaning of the Champions League might not mean much as it's been years since your team were in it. But trust me, it's a pretty big deal. You'll see next year when your team is in it but unfortunately mine will not be. They're taking a break from it all.

05d.jpg

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Its City's title now to lose which I don't expect them to.

But hey, why not....

COME ON YOU TOFFEES :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

With a significantly weakened centre, our defense will be busy. Jagielka won't risk his World Cup place for this so he'll only play if he's absolutely 100% - and probably wont play 90 minutes either way

Possibly missing Distin and Baines from the back 4 too (never trust Martinez' team news)

Also missing Barry, Pienaar, Mirallas and players who would've been second choice to some of these absentees (Oveido, Gibson). and players that would help up front (Traroe, Kone)

It's a hell of an injury list. Looks like a good day for Man City. :D

City are 3/4 to win this. Pile on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭John Cherry

Tough game for City but now they have the bit between there teeth and with the injury list Everton have I can't see anything but a City win.

0-2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Keno wrote: »

The funny thing is it's probably Liverpool's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Think this will be a draw or toffees to sneak a win. Mssive game in the title race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

COME ON, HULL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

The funny thing is it's probably Liverpool's.

Meh.

Meh.

Moo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

From reading Everton forums over the last few days the majority want their team to lose against city helping to deny Liverpool the title

From reading Everton forums over the last few days the majority want their team to lose against city helping to deny Liverpool the title

Bit mad considering they are still in with a shout of CL albeit as outsiders.

It's a handy excuse though for the hammering they'll get

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Bit mad considering they are still in with a shout of CL albeit as outsiders.

It's a handy excuse though for the hammering they'll get

can't see us giving them a hammering

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

There's currently a poll on grandoldteam.com asking:

a) Lose - I'd rather 5th than see the kopites win it

or

b) Win - 4th is too important to us

Option b is currently winning with 75% of the vote (720 members have voted)

Link: http://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/everton-could-crown-liverpool-as-champions.66129/

The majority of fans I've chatted with want Everton to win but won't shed too many tears if we don't as 4th is virtually beyond us.

• Advertisement

I always liked Roberto...
    Martinez: "It'd be a glorious chapter in the history of LFC/EFC to have a situation when one team helps the neighbours to be successful.""

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

I'm uncomfortable with evertons sudden surge in popularity.

It'll all end in tears!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

City have to be favourites. Everton missing Barry, their trusty centre back Distin. The way Everton play should play right into City's hands.

3-1 City. I think Everton will play as normal, but with that injury list, they won't be able to get a point from City, where as I'd say they could have taken them earlier in the season, at Goodison.

Lumbo wrote: »
    There's currently a poll on grandoldteam.com asking:

a) Lose - I'd rather 5th than see the kopites win it

or

b) Win - 4th is too important to us

Option b is currently winning with 75% of the vote (720 members have voted)

Link: http://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/everton-could-crown-liverpool-as-champions.66129/

The majority of fans I've chatted with want Everton to win but won't shed too many tears if we don't as 4th is virtually beyond us.

That poll was started on March 29 and is irrelevant now. The game is not much more than a Friendly to Everton now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

what the everton fans think will make no difference to this game. Martinez and the majority of the players will have no real feelings one way or the other concerning liverpool. They will try to win the game and have a decent chance of getting a result. Most liverpool fans wanted liverpool to lose against blackburn in 1995 and they went out and won. I think its a really tough game for city none of the top 7 have won at goodison this year and liverpool are the only team that scored. If city win they have the title in the bag and will have deserved it for going to a tough place and winning when the pressure is on. I think this everton injury thing is being overplayed once either jags/ distin play alongside stones the only big loss is barry. The 3 attacking players behind lukaku have been constantly rotated by martinez anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Everton won't be able to stop Toure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

City will win their last three convincingly, starting here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Kompany, Touré, Silva, Aguero.....it means only one thing, comfortable City victory. 0-2, both goals in first half!

• Advertisement

kfallon wrote: »
    Kompany, Touré, Silva, Aguero.....it means only one thing, comfortable City victory. 0-2, both goals in first half!

Is Silva back for this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Is Silva back for this?

I hope so!

Wait, no I don't... I don't know what to think anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Is Silva back for this?

Word is that he's back.

zerks wrote: »
    Word is that he's back.

Could very well be the difference in this game.

Could very well be the difference in this game.

They'll do it without Silva imo

come 7:15pm on Saturday I'm guessing this thread will be swamped with wannabe Jeff Shreeves (ala Ivanovic interview) going around trying to break hearts :pac:

glasshouses and all that jazz :D

• Advertisement

Agueroooo wrote: »
    They'll do it without Silva imo

Maybe so but If Everton are limiting them to few chances, Silva is the man you want to keep the ball under pressure, make the right decisions and pick the right pass. Incredibly efficient footballer, a joy to watch for the second half of this season in particular.
    Barry will be a huge loss to the centre of that Everton team.

Agueroooo wrote: »
    come 7:15pm on Saturday I'm guessing this thread will be swamped with wannabe Jeff Shreeves (ala Ivanovic interview) going around trying to break hearts :pac:

glasshouses and all that jazz :D

Welcome to the world of the title race :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Everton won't be able to stop Toure.

Osman will have him in his pocket :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Maybe so but If Everton are limiting them to few chances, Silva is the man you want to keep the ball under pressure, make the right decisions and pick the right pass. Incredibly efficient footballer, a joy to watch for the second half of this season in particular.
    Barry will be a huge loss to the centre of that Everton team.

The Liverpool game in the 2nd half being a prime example of Silva's importance. He played some outstanding little through balls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

kfallon wrote: »
    I wish I was as confident!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

never been so nervous about a club game where liverpool werent involved in all my life. come on the toffee's!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

ITN news doing a feature on this match, everyone is talking about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

who gives a toss what some small minded Everton fans think, RM and his players are all well paid pros, like all the rest in the league, they all set out to play their best every week, if Everton do in fact lose, trust me they won't be walking off the pitch laughing saying "at least we didn't help the Pool"

And for my money, a good value 2-2 draw with Everton unlucky not to win!

I've been cheering for Everton since it looked like we'd finish above 4th. I wouldn't feel too disengenuous for being up for them today.

who gives a toss what some small minded Everton fans think

It actually matters alot what Everton fans think
    If Everton fans aren't up for it, then Everton's home advantage is almost nullified.

As for them being "small minded". There's plenty of them at all clubs. Including Liverpool. Refer to the "Cockney for a day" flags in 2010. Jamie Redknapp or that Fanzone clip. Take your pick.

Laois_Man wrote: »
    It actually matters alot what Everton fans think
    If Everton fans aren't up for it, then Everton's home advantage is almost nullified.

As for them being "small minded". There's plenty of them at all clubs. Including Liverpool. Refer to the "Cockney for a day" flags in 2010. Jamie Redknapp or that Fanzone clip. Take your pick.

How many Everton fans will go to Goodison hoping their own team don't win though? Very few I'd say

How many Everton fans will go to Goodison hoping their own team don't win though? Very few I'd say

The place won't be like a cauldron anyway. It'll be a flat atmosphere even if they want Everton to win.

A huge part of Man City's terrible record at Goodison has been around the fact that Goodison does be bouncing when they roll in. Today won't be like other years

I got this text from my mate in Liverpool. ..:)

To all my blue brothers out there

ALL RIGHT

McDermott's goal WAS offside, Hansen DID handle the ball on the line, Clive Thomas WAS a cheating twat, Hamilton's goal was deffo ONSIDE and should have stood, Westerveld's OG off the back of Hutchinson should have stood as well, you really would have won the European Cup in 1986 if we hadn't got you banned after Heysel cos you DID have a good team, Joe Royal's head is a normal size, your Stadium is boss, you're NOT a small club and you're most certainly NOT tragic. Oh and by the way, you're right - All of OUR supporters are from Norway.

There - I've said it.

NOW WILL YOU STOP BEING STUPID AND GO AND TAKE THREE POINTS OFF CITY?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

You can get 3/1 for the draw. Practically free money.

City are to going to bottle this, big time.

J. Marston wrote: »
    You can get 3/1 for the draw. Practically free money.

City are to going to bottle this, big time.

I ****ing love your confidence but cant see it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement