Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everton v Manchester City - 17:30 - 03/05/2014

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

There is a bad smell of butthurt rage in this thread :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

The way the City players celebrated, though I understand its a huge win, worries me a little. They cant afford to think they have done it now and be complacent because of the two home games to come again the weaker teams.

Not over by a long way yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

Were the Gerrard songs not coming from the away fans?

klose wrote: »
    Jesus that alcaraz fella is useless

Best manager in the league has signed him twice now so surely not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Thank fcuk for that. Very, very poor in that second half. We were looking for trouble by sitting too deep and inviting Everton onto us. I've aged 10 years in the last 20 minutes!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

SlickRic wrote: »
    I don't think I've ever been more frustrated.

small time Gerrard songs.

only 6 mins injury time.

useless Howard.

no intensity from Everton.

City were absolutely there for the taking, and bar Barkley, Everton weren't really bothered their arse, despite Champions League still being possible.

Meh. We can't be relying on small time sides like Everton to be doing us favours tbh. We've only ourselves to blame for not winning it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

only 6 mins injury time.

useless Howard.

City were absolutely there for the taking, and bar Barkley, Everton weren't really bothered their arse, despite Champions League still being possible.

And you call us bitter?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

only 6 mins injury time.

useless Howard.

PandaTantrum.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Small time....bitter

Many examples of that across all clubs...

Like.....

scouse+banner.jpg

Or this one at the front of the King Over Pope end......think about it

liverpool-banner.JPG

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

It's amazing how some money can transform a team with little or no history into a team with a small amount of history. :pac:

It's amazing how a bit of form can transform a team with some history into a team that have the highest level of self entitlement ever.

• Advertisement

It's amazing how some money can transform a team with little or no history into a team with a small amount of history. :pac:
    I suggest you read up a bit about our lack of ''history'', before making such small minded comments.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Liverpool will drop points Monday

Thats the hope, that this result will demoralise them enough to under perform, but I still expect them to come out and do their job. Palace wont be easy but I expect a Liverpool win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

Back to the top of the table! Well done Manchester City and as an Arsenal fan thank you! Champions League football secured for next season! ;)

why have sky 2 ex Liverpool players in the studio for a game between Everton and man city. Its bizarre

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

The richest team winning the league is probablygood for the sport

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Would have spoiled the game if an Everton player had of gifted a goal to city to stop a rival winning the title, Can't say I ever recall that happening before.

kryogen wrote: »
    Thats the hope, that this result will demoralise them enough to under perform, but I still expect them to come out and do their job. Palace wont be easy but I expect a Liverpool win

I'd be seriously shocked if Liverpool win. League is done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

only 6 mins injury time.

useless Howard.

It's mathematically possible, but Arsenal are unlikely going to slip up against West Brom and Norwich

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

eh i dunno wrote: »
    why have sky 2 ex Liverpool players in the studio for a game between Everton and man city. Its bizarre

What's new?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Now now Sunderland

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

blueser wrote: »
    I suggest you read up a bit about our lack of ''history'', before making such small minded comments.

Calm down, it was a joke. I was simply referring to the relatively low number of trophies City has won over the years, which is unusual for a team who's top of the league.

Can't see them being stopped now as Villa and West Ham shouldn't cause problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Now now Sunderland

???

Im not saying it was a penalty, it dont think it was, but what was Hart at there with Alcatraz, it was really clumsy

My thoughts exactly, didn't know what he was at!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

This will probably be Liverpool's best chance of getting the league for another while, level with two games to play you'd be mad to say it's over

They'll have to come out knowing they need lots of goals if they want to have a chance to win the title.

I'd be seriously shocked if Liverpool win. League is done.

Why? Ye have been blowing away most of the teams all season, Suarez has given ye that extra bit to actually deal with the smaller teams which has been the Liverpool problem in seasons past.

I know Palace will be tough, the job Pulis has done there has been exceptional, a genuine manager of the year performance, but Liverpool, in the form they have been in, going for the title, Palace safe, you have to fancy a pool win

Keep the pressure on City, they will crack, its what they do most of the time (historically)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Liverpool fans having a go at Everton in this thread are just embarrassing the rest of us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

J. Marston wrote: »
    5TGl193.jpg

Messed up the size of the pic, my bad.

i_ain__t_even_mad_by_terribleprincess-d34w0sy.jpg

♫ Blue moon..... ♫

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Your right, should have had ex city players like hamman or fowler to balance it out a bit

• Advertisement

Now now Sunderland

Are you confused?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Jaime Redknapp. The Forrest Gump of Sky Sports!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Keep the pressure on City, they will crack, its what they do most of the time (historically)

Yea, they really bottled it two years ago against QPR :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭jane82

I think both clubs will drop points in the last two games.
    Man city will drop less or the same amount.

Calm down, it was a joke. I was simply referring to the relatively low number of trophies City has won over the years, which is unusual for a team who's top of the league.

Can't see them being stopped now as Villa and West Ham shouldn't cause problems.
    You're confusing a lack of trophies (painfully true, by the way) with a lack of history. The two are TOTALLY different issues.

They'll have to come out knowing they need lots of goals if they want to have a chance to win the title.

They have the firepower and the confidence to make a good go at it though, I think the GD is too far in Citys favour, but I expect Liverpool to have a good go at it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,039 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

im not sure about that..for poo to win on goal difference, a minimum of 11 goals are needed in two games.

Amusing reading Liverpool fans saying the title race is now over but 2 hours ago they were saying Everton still had a chance of champions league football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

City have to play two teams with nothing to play for.they wont slip up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Amusing reading Liverpool fans saying the title race is now over but 2 hours ago they were saying Everton still had a chance of champions league football

im a liverpool fan. its not over.

Quazzie wrote: »
    Yea, they really bottled it two years ago against QPR :rolleyes:

I see, the one time City haven't bottled it, means that historically, they are not a bottling team or a team that have broken their fans hearts time and again.

Pretty sure I wouldnt find too many City fans disagreeing with the sentiment tbh

I like your smilie. Its cute.

• Advertisement

ha, there's a difference between realizing something is a mountain to climb, and fans actively turning against your own team.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    im not sure about that..for poo to win on goal difference, a minimum of 11 goals are needed in two games.

That's not an excuse for the players not give 100% on Monday and really go for it from the first whistle. Any less than that from the players and it will be a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

I can't understand why so many liverpool fans are getting so worked up about little old everton.

The best team over the course of the season will win the league and that may well be liverpool. If they had beaten chelsea last week then todays game would have been totally irrelevant.

But for people to be so frustrated because there was a lack of atmosphere etc in what is in essence a dead rubber for everton is ironically bitter.

You were hoping your own team wouldn't win today ffs !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

In fairness, Souness summed up Peligrini pretty well there.

That's not an excuse for the players not give 100% on Monday and really go for it from the first whistle. Any less than that from the players and it will be a joke.

I dont see any reason they wont, CL football was the ambition for the season, they are freerolling now. I hope this result dents the confidence but it shouldn't when you take into consideration the run they have been on and the targets for the season

Oh absolutely, they'll play to win at all times - but imo playing to win does not involve going all out attack looking to even up goal difference. That approach would only leave us open. I dont think goal difference will be on anyones mind, unless we find ourselves 3-0 up and can then push on.

Don't know why people are thinking Liverpool may screw up on monday night. Having watched Palace against us last weekend, I wasn't overimpressed by them. After the run they had been on, I was expecting a really tough game. But it turned into a fairly routine victory in the end. Palace never really threatened us. I can see Liverpool turning them over fairly comfortably, by 2 or 3 goals.

You were hoping your own team wouldn't win today ffs !

was a meaningless match.5th was secured earlier today so Martinez decided to experiment with 3 at the back.

At the end of the day Everton played better in the second half than Liverpool played on the second half last week against a tired Chelsea team

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭doney84

was a meaningless match.5th was secured earlier today so Martinez decided to experiment with 3 at the back.

At the end of the day Everton played better in the second half than Liverpool played on the second half last week against a tired Chelsea team

Tired Chelsea team???? They made SEVEN changes to the team that played the first leg against Atletico Madrid.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement