Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everton v Manchester City - 17:30 - 03/05/2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

eh i dunno wrote: »
    And you call us bitter?

I've never called you bitter.

and am I bitter? about today? yes, I am a little. problem?

i wanted an Everton performance, and thought because Champions League was still possible, that we might get one.

they didn't really give one bar Barkley, and City were quite poor. them being there for the taking makes it harder to take.

don't get me wrong. Liverpool should've done their job and we've only ourselves to blame, but it doesn't make today any less frustrating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

SlickRic wrote: »
    I've never called you bitter.

and am I bitter? about today? yes, I am a little. problem?

i wanted an Everton performance, and thought because Champions League was still possible, that we might get one.

they didn't really give one bar Barkley, and City were quite poor. them being there for the taking makes it harder to take.

don't get me wrong. Liverpool should've done their job and we've only ourselves to blame, but it doesn't make today any less frustrating.

Thought Everton played well second half TBF. Barry was a big loss for them.
    It's not like they rolled over for City, think you're being a bit harsh.

was a meaningless match.5th was secured earlier today so Martinez decided to experiment with 3 at the back.

At the end of the day Everton played better in the second half than Liverpool played on the second half last week against a tired Chelsea team

Well done, hardly something to shout about though.

Although, when you are hoping your team doesn't win the game from the start...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Well done, hardly something to shout about though.

Although, when you are hoping your team doesn't win the game from the start...

Maybe take out some of your frustration on Liverpools lacklustre second half performance last week. Remember the game when Steven Gerrard tried about 10 30 yard pot shots in his greedy quest to be the hero instead of passing to a team mate

Maybe take out some of your frustration on Liverpools lacklustre second half performance last week. Remember the game when Steven Gerrard tried about 10 30 yard pot shots in his greedy quest to be the hero instead of passing to a team mate

You keep commentating on Liverpool, bizzare :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Thought Everton played well second half TBF. Barry was a big loss for them.
    It's not like they rolled over for City, think you're being a bit harsh.

I don't agree, but that's fair enough.

City put themselves under pressure IMO, rather than Everton really doing that much. plus the defending was horrific.

listen, it's unrealistic for me to be totally objective but I just didn't see enough ooomph from Everton.

Same as you keep commentating on Everton :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

Can't fault Everton at all, they played well IMO but were always going to be out of their depth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Says the liverpool fan fully engrossed in dissing everton's performance vs man city :D

Surely the irony isn't lost on you???

• Advertisement

Same as you keep commentating on Everton :pac:
    Gavlor wrote: »
    Says the liverpool fan fully engrossed in dissing everton's performance vs man city :D

Surely the irony isn't lost on you???

It's an Everton match thread

It's an Everton match thread

:confused:

So you agree that it's ironic then?!

At the end of the day Joe Hart made 2 fine saves to deny Everton. Everton players were professional and if the match meant anything the Everton fans would have been well up for it. In the end with 5th secured we had nothing to play for and thats why the ground was subdued. Like any rivalry you don't want your nearest neighbours to do well. Do you think Celtic would fans love see Rangers win a title or Man Utd fans love seeing City win a title? The best team wins the league, If you win it congratulations

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

At the end of the day Joe Hart made 2 fine saves to deny Everton. Everton players were professional and if the match meant anything the Everton fans would have been well up for it. In the end with 5th secured we had nothing to play for and thats why the ground was subdued. Like any rivalry you don't want your nearest neighbours to do well. Do you think Celtic would fans love see Rangers win a title or Man Utd fans love seeing City win a title? The best team wins the league, If you win it congratulations

We are about to find out :p

Could never question the Everton players today. They gave it all. Barry was missed and on another day could easily have got something. City were there for the taking last 10/15 mins

Benimar wrote: »

I assure you, none of them do.
    It's more a case of best of a bad bunch than anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Benimar wrote: »

It's more a case of not wanting one team to win it more than wanting another to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Funny how all the Liverpool fans are moaning again. "Weh weh Everton didn't do us a favor" Maybe next season yous won't rely on other teams to do you a favor after your own mistakes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Can't fault Everton yesterday they were missing key players and gave a good showing. There was only one half hearted performance yesterday and it was city.

They went 3-1 down and could have downed tools but fought back to 3-2 and almost got an equaliser. Barkley an blue through and through was the best player on the pitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Funny how all the Liverpool fans are moaning again. "Weh weh Everton didn't do us a favor" Maybe next season yous won't rely on other teams to do you a favor after your own mistakes.

YOU'RE NOT EVEN MY REAL DAD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

klose wrote: »
    Jesus that alcaraz fella is useless

This is why I'm intrigued to see Martinez next year. He's always been poor enough in the transfer market for me, yet he will almost certainly need to replace his 1 in 2 striker (15 goals in 32 games) in Lukaku and possibly replace one of his best midfielders in Barry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I'm not bothered or surprised by the result tbh. Having watched Everton cave in against Palace and Southampton they were on a bad run of form to begin with. I have no complaints about the players performance yesterday, Barkley didn't deserve to lose the game along with Naismith and Osman.

The fans however showed that they are small time with small time ambitions. Barley celebrating the goals scored, cheering more for tackles than anything else, more interested in singing about Gerrard than trying to drive on their team to a win and be a point off of fourth place.

A few friends of mine were at the game and said that some fans tried to spur on the team but were told to sit down and STFU. There were also a few minor scuffles between fans trying to support the team and lads more interested in denying Liverpool.

I just can't get my head around the fact that fans would rather sacrifice the success of their own team because a rival team might benefit from a win. I cringed like fcuk when I saw Liverpool fans delight in denying United the title by losing to Chelsea a few years back and I cringed yesterday at Everton fans. I'll piss myself laughing if Arsenal lose today.

Super-Rush wrote: »
    I'm not bothered by the result tbh.

The fans however showed that they are small time with small time ambitions. Barley celebrating the goals scored, cheering more for tackles than anything else, more interested in singing about Gerrard than trying to drive on their team to a win and be a point off of fourth place.

A few friends of mine were at the game and said that some fans tried to spur on the team but were told to sit down and STFU. There were also a few minor scuffles between fans trying to support the team and lads more interested in denying Liverpool.

:D:D

What an absolute load of nonsense!!

That's the funniest post I've read in a long time, surely it belongs In the humour thread?

Bitter much?!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

I'm not bothered or surprised by the result tbh. Having watched Everton cave in against Palace and Southampton they were on a bad run of form to begin with. I have no complaints about the players performance yesterday, Barkley didn't deserve to lose the game along with Naismith and Osman.

I just can't get my head around the fact that fans would rather sacrifice the success of their own team because a rival team might benefit from a win. I cringed like fcuk when I saw Liverpool fans delight in denying United the title by losing to Chelsea a few years back and I cringed yesterday at Everton fans. I'll piss myself laughing if Arsenal lose today.

I call bull on reports like that they celebrated both there goals when Lukaku scored they went full on.

The amount of pool fans with 'friends' at the game that saw scuffles!

The team did there part too, I understand Liverpool fans being disappointed but to make up stories on Everton fans is just silly, the are one of the most respectable clubs in the world fans included

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

I was at the game yesterday. You're full of ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Nah lads, he's spot on.

You can clearly see in this picture that there are very few celebrating the goal and those that were barely got up of their seat....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Paully D wrote: »
    This is why I'm intrigued to see Martinez next year. He's always been poor enough in the transfer market for me, yet he will almost certainly need to replace his 1 in 2 striker (15 goals in 32 games) in Lukaku and possibly replace one of his best midfielders in Barry.

They'll sign Barry I reckon.

But yeah, I'd agree they've a job on to replace Lukaku and Deulofeu as well as hanging onto Seamie Coleman and Ross Barkley.

Lumbo wrote: »
    I was at the game yesterday. You're full of ****.

No you weren't. You're full of shit.

:D:D

What an absolute load of nonsense!!

That's the funniest post I've read in a long time, surely it belongs In the humour thread?

Bitter much?!

Yeah I'm so bitter about playing champions league football next season.

Yeah I'm so bitter about playing champions league football next season.

You're coming across as bitter over that result. Champions League football isn't a universal get out clause.

• Advertisement

You're coming across as bitter over that result. Champions League football isn't a universal get out clause.

Champions league football was the most I expected from this season. I've tipped City all along to win the league and still do. Everton had a massive chance to get fourth place but their fans lost sight of that and were more interested in Liverpool.

You can plainly see Lukaku trying to get the fans to make some noise after he scored, but I'm probably making that up as well.

Champions league football was the most I expected from this season. I've tipped City all along to win the league and still do. Everton had a massive chance to get fourth place but their fans lost sight of that and were more interested in Liverpool.

You can plainly see Lukaku trying to get the fans to make some noise after he scored, but I'm probably making that up as well.

No they didn't. They had the slimmest of outside chances if we're being realistic.

Also, are you telling me that at no stage over the last few months you were giddy at the thoughts of winning the league?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Even the most sceptical Liverpool supporter definitely felt they were going to win the title at some stage, quit fooling.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

No, but it's £40 million in to the bank for the club. So it's a plus, for revenue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Good job their fans weren't on the pitch against Man City yesterday then.

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    No, but it's £40 million I to the bank for the club. So it's a plus for revenue.

Well that has absolutely nothing to do with what I was saying...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Well that has absolutely nothing to do with what I was saying...

Well it has actually, it makes a massive difference to a club. Everton would have welcomed the opportunity of CL football for the prestige alone. Getting £40 million would help keep or buy a player or two to keep them competitive.

Even the most sceptical Liverpool supporter definitely felt they were going to win the title at some stage, quit fooling.

Definately?

That meant winning 14 from the final 15 and drawing 1.

Hardly an easy feat!

Even if Liverpool had beaten Chelsea, a defeat v Palace and it was gone (out of their hands).

If anyone thought Liverpool were definately going to win the league they were clueless. In fact, it was only opposition fans I met that said it was over.

Anyone with even an Ann & Barry grasp of Maths could see that one bad result could mean it was out of Liverpool's hands.

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    Well it has actually, it makes a massive difference to a club. Everton would have welcomed the opportunity of CL football for the prestige alone. Getting. 40 million would help keep or buy a player or two to keep them competitive.

Yeah, except it hasn't. I said that having Champions League doesn't mean you can't be bitter about anything else.
    Did you quote the wrong post?

• Advertisement

I beg to differ...after Liverpool beat City the amount of fans on the L'Pool superthread with comments like "we're going to win the league" was embarrassing.

So you didn't think you were going to win the league after beating city?

Liverpool were money on to win it so somebody certainly believed so.

I beg to differ...after Liverpool beat City the amount of fans on the L'Pool superthread with comments like "we're going to win the league" was embarrassing.

Just as embarressing as taking the words of internet posters as fact!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Everton had a massive chance of getting 4th being 4 points behind with 2 to play and needing to beat Man City and Arsenal to lose both games

Ha

Just as embarressing as taking the words of internet posters as fact!

I never said it was fact, the point is there were plenty of Liverpool fans who felt they were odds on to win the title...it's only normal. To deny that is complete bullsh*t.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

How many?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

The great thing about this season is that utd posters now adopt the style of posting of the liverpool posters that they previously mocked. We are all the same we just wear different jerseys.

So you didn't think you were going to win the league after beating city?

Liverpool were money on to win it so somebody certainly believed so.

Me personally? No I didn't.

Had a great chance of course but anyone who definately thought it was over after beating city was moronic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Augmerson wrote: »
    How many?

You expect him to go back and count?! Lol. There were plenty saying it was going to happen

The great thing about this season is that utd posters now adopt the style of posting of the liverpool posters that they previously mocked. We are all the same we just wear different jerseys.

No, Liverpool fans are the worst, especially the internet ones

I agree with this and it won't ever change, it's the people that try and deny it that are most irritating. The ones that cried obsession are now the ones forever, shamelessly in the other superthread.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement