Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with identifying dune grass

Options
  • 01-05-2014 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all,

I am undertaking a project on the conservation of coastal sand dunes and invasive species, i was wondering if anybody could help me identify the grass found growing alongside Hippophae rhamnoides L. (sea buckthorn). I am new to boards.ie and do not know how to post a picture (or if you are even able to), but if you think you can help i will gladly forward the picture on to you.

Any help would be much appreciated !!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭splish

It could be any of a number of different grasses. Click on grasses in the previous sentence and it will bring you to a website with some common grasses found in Ireland. Common dune grasses would include Sand Couch, Lyme-grass, Marram and Red fescue.

Advertisement