Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibre in my area..

Options
  • 01-05-2014 9:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭

When's efibre coming to my neck of the woods? I'm on the map as a part of the fibre area.. But I can't get it... Any idea? 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I would also like to know this, it seems to be everywhere in Maynooth but my estate... our current broadband isn't great so even a ball park figure would be helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi Guys

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]While efibre has been launched in areas served which show as shaded green in the coverage map not all areas in the Green area will have been upgraded.

The availability of efibre is based on the roll out cabinets to specific areas within the general location displayed on the map and not on the terms of exchange availability like normal broadband.[/font]

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]Please PM me your specific addresses and I will of course check for efibre coverage to your address and possible plans - I may not have this information for you today but I will definitely have some news by early next week.[/font]

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]Many thanks[/font]
    [font=Calibri","sans-serif]Al[/font]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

Hi Guys

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]While efibre has been launched in areas served which show as shaded green in the coverage map not all areas in the Green area will have been upgraded.

The availability of efibre is based on the roll out cabinets to specific areas within the general location displayed on the map and not on the terms of exchange availability like normal broadband.[/font]

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]Please PM me your specific addresses and I will of course check for efibre coverage to your address and possible plans - I may not have this information for you today but I will definitely have some news by early next week.[/font]

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]Many thanks[/font]
    [font=Calibri","sans-serif]Al[/font]

Any news Alan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi Guys,

We're currently going through the PM's and will get back to you very soon.

Thanks,

Tony

Hi Guys,

Thanks,

Tony

It's obviously not difficult since you literally replied with the same message as everyone else got.

• Advertisement

Hi Guys,

Thanks,

Tony

It's obviously not difficult since you literally replied with the same message as everyone else got.

Hi retrogamefan

I'm aware you are not happy that you cannot avail of efibre yet however i have made things as clear as possible to you. There are many people who are not in an efibre enabled area yet in the shaded green zone on the map and this is because efibre is being rolled out on a phased basis of cabinet delivery.

There is a message beside the map stating: 

"Please note: This map is for illustrative purposes only and not all homes within the eFibre area can avail of the service.
    To see if your home is enabled please choose your bundle and enter your phone number or address into our line checker."

I would like to offer you better news however this is just not possible right now.

Thanks

Al

Hi retrogamefan

I'm aware you are not happy that you cannot avail of efibre yet however i have made things as clear as possible to you. There are many people who are not in an efibre enabled area yet in the shaded green zone on the map and this is because efibre is being rolled out on a phased basis of cabinet delivery.

There is a message beside the map stating: 

"Please note: This map is for illustrative purposes only and not all homes within the eFibre area can avail of the service.
    To see if your home is enabled please choose your bundle and enter your phone number or address into our line checker."

I would like to offer you better news however this is just not possible right now.

Thanks

Al

Well that's pure bollox if you ask me.

I'm still waiting for a response to my PM.

Why is my simple query still being ignored? I have PM'd Alan with my landline and address TWICE and have received no response whatsoever. Appalling.

Why is my simple query still being ignored? I have PM'd Alan with my landline and address TWICE and have received no response whatsoever. Appalling.

• Advertisement

Dolbert wrote: »
    Hi Dolbert

I've been off for a while but I'll get back to your PM soon, apologies for the delays.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement