Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laois Events Guide

Options
  • 01-05-2014 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭

There's one of these threads in the Wexford forum and I contacted one of the Laois mods a few weeks back to see if it would be ok to start one here. I got no reply so I hope that means it's ok.

Main reason for me starting it is that I'm in a choir that's performing in Portlaoise on Saturday 3rd May - it's in St. Peter & Paul's Church at 8pm and features the finest Italian baroque music you're likely to hear any time soon.

Vocaré is an award-winning choir who have performed on the Late Late Show, in Wexford Opera House and in Carnegie Hall (yes, the one in New York). We will be joined by two professional soloists: Portlaoise's own Franzita Whelan and Dublin-born Victoria Massey and will be accompanied by an orchestra including musicians from the Wexford School of Music.

Tickets are available from Brackens Maxol on Stradbally Road, Trax (Portlaoise S.C.), Anthem (Main St.), Dunamaise Arts Centre (www.dunamaise.ie) and on the door.

Here's a little clip from our rehearsal earlier this week:

Or if that doesn't work....http://www.youtube.com/embed/0DXRynBLeu8

Vocare-May-concert-final-poster.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Great idea. I'm involved in two events in June & July that i must post here. No doubt you'll know them well Dilbert;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

The Voices Across Cultures street festival was on today in Portlaoise and is on again tomorrow. Was down there today and there is a great atmosphere, definitely worth going to. It's great to see things like that bringing a sense of culture back into the dead main street.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Great local charity event in Portarlington on July 12th !

Marathon, half and 10k !!!

Advertisement