Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford webcam in the Mall

Options
  • 01-05-2014 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,429 ✭✭✭✭

Just been having a conversation about Waterford with a friend in the US, does anyone know if it would be possible to set this webcam http://www.waterfordcity.ie/cam/ so it just changes, rather than blinking on and off? Its a bit difficult to watch and I'm wondering if its worth contacting the city council and asking them to do something about it :-)

Are there any more webcams around the city?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Not sure what you mean by blinking on and off?
    All the webcam does is upload a image every so often, its not a live video stream

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Cabaal wrote: »
    Not sure what you mean by blinking on and off?
    All the webcam does is upload a image every so often, its not a live video stream

I know what the OP means. It's clear it's not a live stream, but the transition from one photo to the next every few seconds is really jerky and unpleasant.

OP: WCC have a Twitter account, and I think I've seen people contacting them successfully about this sort of thing. Can't tell you the exact account as I don't have access right now - however it should be easy enough to find.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

From a technical point of view, it's a bizarre implementation! The webcam is overwriting an image in a folder every second and then the page auto-refreshes constantly to update it :O :O

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

The owner of that Webcam is in the Weather Forum, as I understnad it, he also runs the Waterford Weather Station.

So if he does not answer you here, try posting in the weather forum.

FYI, it was never blinking like this, maybe it's the reporting to other sites that's causing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

AdMMM wrote: »
    From a technical point of view, it's a bizarre implementation! The webcam is overwriting an image in a folder every second and then the page auto-refreshes constantly to update it :O :O

That's madness!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,429 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I have contacted them and asked them if it can be sorted, so we'll see what happens. I sent the link to someone in the states and apparently they have passed it on all around the place to people who are interested in seeing what the weather is like! Its not a very good ad for our technological abilities at the moment though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

I don't see why it can't be a live video feed.

I'll do it, no problem.

Advertisement