Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temperature drop this evening in Dublin?

Options
  • 01-05-2014 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

Possibly my imagination, but when I stepped outside around 7pm this evening, it felt unbelievably cold and I could see my own breath.
    Weather websites said it was ten degrees, but it didn't feel anywhere near that. I'm in the south city area.

Anyone else experience this?

Max :eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Max001 wrote: »
    Hi Guys

Possibly my imagination, but when I stepped outside around 7pm this evening, it felt unbelievably cold and I could see my own breath.
    Weather websites said it was ten degrees, but it didn't feel anywhere near that. I'm in the south city area.

Anyone else experience this?

Max :eek:

I experienced the same thing. I was in town freezing. My hands were numb with the cold. It was mainly wind chill. Weather stations only check static air and not wind

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Max001

Aaaaaah.....that explains it. Thanks for taking the time :)
    I never knew that wind chill wasn't factored, but I guess
    that because we don't tend to have weather extremes,
    like closer to the Arctic circle, its largely superfluous.
    I never tire of learning things on boards!
    Thanks again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

I a few people who said they like how it rarely rains in Dublin. But the wind chill kills.

Advertisement