Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A in Honours Maths

Options
  • 01-05-2014 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

Hi,
    Just a couple weeks to go and going for an A in it. Got 67 in the mocks but i think i have come much further since then and can do a whole Paper 2 now and most of paper 1 getting most things correct. Just wondering does anybody have any last minute study tips to ensure I get the A?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭conor360

Keep practicing exam papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Keep going with the papers. Make sure you understand every part of each question. It's the niggly small parts of each question that catch a lot of people, and usually they are the deciding factor between getting an A and a B.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭IrishLassie26

Revising exam papers is key. I`m going for an A too as I find it way easier since I`ve started practicing exam papers. The way I revise is I go to my book and revise the chapter by understanding the methods and reading the examples. Then I go to the exam papers and do all the questions possible that are under that topic. If you notice any little things in the questions in the exam papers write them down. For example, I found a sum that required converting cm to m and if you didnt do this before calculating the answer would be wrong. If you know the little tricks that are involved in the exam questions you are on the right road!

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭MissCupcake

airbus125 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Just a couple weeks to go and going for an A in it. Got 67 in the mocks but i think i have come much further since then and can do a whole Paper 2 now and most of paper 1 getting most things correct. Just wondering does anybody have any last minute study tips to ensure I get the A?
    Thanks
    65% in the mocks! anyone else think the exam papers are way easier than the mocks?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

Surprised that nobody's said to learn off the theorems/constructions. There wasn't a theorem on the paper last year, so, it's fairly likely for one of them to come up this year.

When doing the exam; bring a highlighter with you and before you answer the question highlight the "key" parts, i.e, everything you are given and what you have to report your answer in (whether it be 2dp, 2 significant figures, surd, cm, m ect) if you give the answer in the wrong format the most you can get is high partial.

• Advertisement
Advertisement