Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

resistance bands

• 01-05-2014 10:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭

does anyone know where i can get cheap resistance bands to help me with pullups. i have seen a few one ebay but not sure if they will suit me. i weight 95kg so they will need to be able to support my weight. i can just about do 1 wide grip pullup without them. i just need something that will help me get a few.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

D8 fitness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

D8 fitness.

Really by now this should be a stickie at the top for anyone buying equipment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

I use the purple band from D8 for pull ups. I'm usually around 95 kg/100 kg. I think it was 15 euro

Tried the green in the shop and guessed it was too strong for pull ups actually lifting me up the purple seems to just give a little assistance with out taking over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I use mountain bike inner tubes, you might have some old ones lying around or a friend might.

You could also try negatives until you are able for more regular reps. Stand on a chair so you are in the upper most position and slowly lower yourself down nice & controlled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 johnnycashley

tommyboy26 I bought them in Homestore and More for pretty cheap. Not sure if they will still have them but try Sports World!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

I use the purple band from D8 for pull ups. I'm usually around 95 kg/100 kg. I think it was 15 euro

Tried the green in the shop and guessed it was too strong for pull ups actually lifting me up the purple seems to just give a little assistance with out taking over

http://www.d8fitness.com/product/1x-small-purple-1-18-x-41/

this the one you use?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

tommyboy26 wrote: »

That's the purple one from D8.

Advertisement