Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool U21 v Manchester Utd U21 Premier League Play-Off Semi-Final

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Much different Liverpool team from the start of the season. All better players are loaned out, I say next season they should keep as many and let them get some sort of European experience with the U21 Champions League

This makes no sense.

It's an U19's competition so generally a completely different team to what you see in the u21's.

With the current set up, loan moves for the best players is the best option.

Also this is a completely different team for united from the start of the season. 2 Keanes, Jesse Lingard, Cole, Tunnicliffe, Sam Byrne, Jack Barmby and a host of others sold or on loan.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Also Warren Joyce has done amazing work since Christmas with this group of players, loads of U18/U19 players brought up when a lots of players left or went on loan so he deserves huge credit.

Ben Pearson for MOTM, just because I think he's a cracking little player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Holy hell, i am sorry i thought it was an U21 champions league, cant believe some are getting knickers in a twist over an under age game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Holy hell, i am sorry i thought it was an U21 champions league, cant believe some are getting knickers in a twist over an under age game

Nobody is getting their knickers in a twist. You were just being corrected.

Weird reaction tbh.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

United should really have this wrapped up by now, much the better team.

Im not so sure, Liverpool battered utd for the last 20 minutes and should have scored atleast twice in that period.
    Liverpool finished ahead of utd in the points table, these playoffs are being scrapped next season i believe.
    Some fine talent on both teams.

Dcully wrote: »
    Im not so sure, Liverpool battered utd for the last 20 minutes and should have scored atleast twice in that period.
    fyi Liverpool finished ahead of utd in the points table, these playoffs are being scrapped next season i believe.
    Some fine talent on both teams.

FYI? Why do you assume I don't know how the table finished up? Comes across a little...

20 minutes is being generous, last 10 yeah. As I was saying, it shouldn't have got to that stage, United had all the chances and possession while limiting Liverpool to pretty much nothing until then. Of course Liverpool were going to throw everything at them in the end but it should have been wrapped up long before that is what I was saying, in this one game.

FYI? Why do you assume I don't know how the table finished up? Comes across a little...

20 minutes is being generous, last 10 yeah. As I was saying, it shouldn't have got to that stage, United had all the chances and possession while limiting Liverpool to pretty much nothing until then. Of course Liverpool were going to throw everything at them in the end but it should have been wrapped up long before that is what I was saying, in this one game.

I had removed the fyi as i thought you might get annoyed about it, seems i was too late.
    It wasnt meant as reference to you not knowing, funny how some people go on the offensive over some things.

I removed the fyi as i thought you might get annoyed about it, seems i was too late.
    It wasnt meant as reference to you not knowing, funny how people go on the offensive over some things.

Meh, funny how people act all superior too. I was on the defensive, you were on the offensive.

Meh, funny how people act all superior too. I was on the defensive, you were on the offensive.

jaysus dude nobody is acting "all superior" about anything wtf you on about?

I wasnt on the offensive, i simply said fyi, nothign was meant by it, and i only removed it after rereading what i had typed and thought to myself , take it down as some sensitive folk might see it as having a go in some bizzare way, seems i was correct,talk about threading on egg shells in this place.

I say again ,it was not intended the way took it up,nothing more i can say,if you still have a problem with it then so be it.

• Advertisement

jaysus dude nobody is acting "all superior" about anything wtf you on about?

The FYI thing, it's quite patronising TBF.
    You obviously realised that yourself so let's just forget about it.

The FYI thing, it's quite patronising TBF.
    You obviously realised that yourself so let's just forget about it.

exactly, as ive said i only realised it after i reread it, nothing was intended by it ,unfortunately you read before i deleted it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The only pity for me was that Sinclair, Oje and Tricky-Smith played in the U18s game only a few hours earlier hard to understand why they weren't kept for this match.

Advertisement