Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Little Concerned About Stray Cat

• 01-05-2014 11:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭

There's a beautiful stray cat who's made a home for herself in our apartment complex's courtyard. She's been here for about a year or two. I can't have a pet myself because my flatmate is allergic but I've been feeding her occasionally (the cat that it, not my flatmate :pac:).

Anyway, I was petting her back and I noticed a fairly large lump on her back. I'm a little concerned. She seems perfectly content most of the time and not in pain but you never know. If she was my pet, I'd have taken her to the vet already.

Ideally, I'd take her myself although I'm unsure how she'd react if I tried to put her in a carrier box. Also, I'm concerned that the vet recommends a series of treatments and care which I can't really provide because I can't bring her home.

Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

The kindest thing to do is to get her seen by a vet OP. It might just be a benign lipoma (fatty lump) or something more serious,in which case it's better for her not to suffer a long lingering death on her own.

Try and find a vet who works with a cat rescue or would be willing to help you rehome her. If she lets you pet her that's a great sign and while she might panic initially in a carrier it really is best for her own welfare to get her checked out(and scanned for a chip just in case) ;)

Also, here's a list of rescues you could try. Everywhere's pretty packed but no harm in asking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

I fed her again today and the lump is completely gone. Surely a good sign :)

Advertisement