Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GROUP BUY: Saturn Uni v3 mod chip

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

So what is it? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

STG.Otaku wrote: »

I'm VERY interested, but wouldn't have the skills needed to install it in my Saturn.

It's really easy to install this one. A ribbon cable and a power cable. A blob of solder. Job done. :)

It's really easy to install this one. A ribbon cable and a power cable. A blob of solder. Job done. :)

Hmm, I'm not convinced :o

Is this the mod chip?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXb25naZff8&noredirect=1

(My laptop is running on safe mode so I have no drivers for sound ... just in case the guys says the name of the chip and you think I'm even more of a fool)!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Hygro wrote: »
    Hmm, I'm not convinced :o

Is this the mod chip?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXb25naZff8&noredirect=1

(My laptop is running on safe mode so I have no drivers for sound ... just in case the guys says the name of the chip and you think I'm even more of a fool)!

No, that's the discontinued chip. The V3 looks even easier to install that the one in that link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,475 ✭✭✭RedXIV

As a Saturn owner with a tiny catalog of games. Is this worth it? I also would be wary about installing this

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,036 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

RedXIV wrote: »
    As a Saturn owner with a tiny catalog of games. Is this worth it? I also would be wary about installing this

Well worth it. Most of the best in the Saturn catalogue are extremely rare games that will cost you a fortune otherwise. Also just make sure you aren't playing them in crappy 50hz.

If anyone wants in, please let me know by Sunday evening. Note that the order will be put through fairly sharpish as I believe stock is only just in, but possibly low.[/quote]

Oh to hell with it...Put me down for one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

I'll take one,

here's and eg. of what some saturn games are going for. http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=See-All-Categories&_nkw=hyper+duel+saturn

PM me paypal stuff and I'll shoot you the money.

• Advertisement

safetyboy wrote: »
    I'll take one,

here's and eg. of what some saturn games are going for. http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=See-All-Categories&_nkw=hyper+duel+saturn

Jesus, expensive much??!!

Hygro wrote: »
    Jesus, expensive much??!!

Cheers all, will update the list and on Sunday evening send out PayPal requests once I have have the shipping quote from Robert (spread out equally across the orders).

Don't forget the extra shipping from me to you. You'll still save a few bob so it's all good fun. :)

And yes, Saturn games are ridiculous now. About a year ago Hyper Duel went for about £150. £300+ is just utterly insane.

I honestly believe the market will self-destruct because nobody of sane mind would pay that sort of money for it (says me who used to have a Hyper Duel PCB).

This time next year I honestly believe the casual consumer's interest in retro will wane and the populists (if I dare use that word) will likely not pay such absurd sums of money for games/consoles. Prices will top out, casual consumers won't make their money back, stuff will sit on shelves or worse until the market explodes in a sea of buttocks and prices become sensible again.

It's all wonderful bull****. The end is nigh! ;)

The end is nigh! ;)
    sounds like BTC for the last few years ;) people like stuff that's hard to get, it will always be the way silly as it is.

Also see http://www.ebay.com/itm/Roland-TR-808-Vintage-Analog-Drum-Machine-Fully-Serviced-/121306387611?pt=US_Drums&hash=item1c3e6c949b WTF.

sounds like BTC for the last few years ;) people like stuff that's hard to get, it will always be the way silly as it is.

Yep. But not at $150 for a Master System version of Golden Axe it won't be. Prices are just getting ridiculous now. Anyways straying off topic! :)

Sorry back on topic, I'll take one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭moonlighting

ill take one as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,475 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I'm sold! I'm in!

Ok. Will update the list asap. Quite a lot of folks interested now it seems.

Personally I am keen on one as I think it helps with Dezaemon and transfers etc. Exciting! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Go on sure. Put me down for one aswell

List updated on J+. Cheers all. :)

• Advertisement

Just a reminder that the group buy will close tonight and then pm's will go out to folks with paypal info etc.

Anyone who still wants one, this is your last call!

Thanks. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

I'll take one.

OK, closing this now. Thanks all, I will send out PM's shortly. :)

OK, this group buy is now closed and PM's sent to everyone that registered interest.

Thanks. :)

List updated on JAMMA+ to reflect paid status. If you still want one of these kits, please ensure you get your payments in tonight. I didn't realise Robert uses NOCHEX for payment, so i will need to move the group cash to my bank and then pay it from there, which will delay things by a couple of days (sorry all!).

Thanks all. :)

so i will need to move the group cash to my bank

Father+Ted.jpg

I may be on holiday in Tahiti next week... :pac:

I may be on holiday in Tahiti next week... :pac:

Hmm, I PayPal'd money but not registered as paid.

Drop me a PM and I will check it out chief. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Drop me a PM and I will check it out chief. :)

I should also be paid up so if you could check mine too!

I should also be paid up so if you could check mine too!

Drop me a PM. Ive had a few come in now but no forum pm so I need to match them up. :)

I should be paid up aswell, sent the money this afternoon

I should be paid up aswell, sent the money this afternoon

Yep got yours Jacqueline. :)

rvKFwxD.gif

All sorted now. The cash is being withdrawn today so it will be a couple of days until that arrives in my account, at which point I'll make the NOCHEX payment to Robert and get these yokes ordered up.

Thanks all. :)

• Advertisement

Just an update on this, I had to transfer the funds to my bank account in The Bahamas the UK, that's still going through. Once done though, the order is sorted.

The pain in the arse is Robert uses NOCHEX or BT, but not PayPal. So that screwed things up a good bit.

Ah well, soon come! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,388 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I find it utterly bizarre when people don't use Paypal. Had one lad even go so far as to send me loads of links to dodgy conspiracy theory type websites explaining how evil they were.

I think in this case it's to do with the product more than anything (modchips)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,388 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Weird! Just reading up on that now. Looks like they don't allow it.

They didn't seem to have any problem with the 30+ R4 cards I bought a few years back :D

Myrddin wrote: »
    I think in this case it's to do with the product more than anything (modchips)?

You hit the nail on the head chief. I got collared by a certain payment company because someone used two specific words in their subject line because of it. Added a two day delay to it.

I'm using BT for this, it's more faff, but saves me getting my collar felt again.

They'll be here soon enough and posted on though! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

You hit the nail on the head chief. I got collared by a certain payment company because someone used two specific words in their subject line because of it. Added a two day delay to it.

You should see what happens when you're selling 'super' & 'guns' :D

Transfer finally went through. Payment sent to Robert this morning, so just waiting on them to be shipped out to me now. :)

Quick update. Theses have been shipped to me so I should have these next week. Soon as they come in I will start shipping them out. :)

Good news. They just arrived. So I shall pack these boys up tonight and post them out to folks tomorrow. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Any chance you could ship mine fitted inside a minty fresh white Jap Saturn :)

ah worth a try :)

Any chance you could ship mine fitted inside a minty fresh white Jap Saturn :)

shaq.gif

OK, these have now been divided up and put in to mailing bags ready to ship tomorrow.

Enjoy! :)

All kits were shipped out yesterday. Please can you confirm receipt? Purely for my sanity alone.

Thanks! :D

just got it :)

just got it :)

tys.gif

YEAH! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement