Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GROUP BUY: Saturn Uni v3 mod chip

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,269 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

anigif_enhanced-buzz-30497-1381985341-9.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

I think you are referring to this o1s1n? :)

Devil_Blade_2_-_Mega_Drive_Result_1.jpg

Devil_Blade_2_-_Mega_Drive_Result_2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,269 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

For a moment there I thought someone was after figuring out how to use the Saturn memory expansion port to play homebrew games :eek:

Still though, that's gorgeous.

o1s1n wrote: »
    For a moment there I thought someone was after figuring out how to use the Saturn memory expansion port to play homebrew games

It is.

Sort of.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

Got mine today, might leave it until next week to try and fit it :)

Good man. Glad these are arriving safely. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Got mine

iz5kywG.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭moonlighting

Just installed mine there. Works perfectly. Tried it with myst image burned at full speed too (they say you should use slower burn speeds)
    A mistake i made first was using both ribbons that came with it. if your sega saturn is the 21 pin then throw the 20 pin in the bin. don't know why i assumed they were both 21 pin. Also dont forget to solder connection 0014 on mod chip.
    as regards power supply i soldered directly to the bottom of the psu. pin 2 down (5 pin total).
    No neutral needed. thought that was weird?? or maybe its on the ribbon connection.

Were you installing it on a Model 2?

• Advertisement

ya model 2 (round buttons). i presume model 2s where sold in ireland?

Ah gotcha. I'm going to install it in my Model 1 NTSC-J Saturn this weekend I think. The Model 2 install sounds a bit more complicated. With the Model 1 install, all it is is chucking in the chip, the ribbon cable and then run a piece of wire up to the 5v pin on the PSU. So basically 2 blobs of solder and a bit of cardboard with a liberal amount of kapton tape wrapped around the pcb and you're all set. :)

Damn you model 2 for being a harder mod *shakes fists to the gods*.

Any chance moonlighting could make an instructional video?!

To late to make a vid now but if you have any issues post them here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭TotallyEpic

What's the best way for me to get a modded Saturn? If I were to buy a Saturn on eBay, is there anyone local that could mod it for me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

bumping this thread. before you mod your saturn, you might be interested in this new method. http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?52526-Saturn-proof-of-concept-bootloader-Pseudo-Saturn

You write a file to the action replay, patch the disk image and an unmodified saturn will boot it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,063 ✭✭✭Doge

bumping this thread. before you mod your saturn, you might be interested in this new method. http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?52526-Saturn-proof-of-concept-bootloader-Pseudo-Saturn

You write a file to the action replay, patch the disk image and an unmodified saturn will boot it.

44813d1398097134-review-wavetrac-limited-slip-differential-q4z0ltl.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Did anyone receive these? I'm still waiting tbh!

They were all posted ages ago.... :confused::confused::confused:

Drop me a PM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Nice, stops yea having to open up a super rare Saturn to mod/tinker - everyone wins!

So I still have this chip sitting it it's wrapper and was wondering if there was anyone out there who could install it for me?

I have a model 2 saturn.

• Advertisement
Advertisement