Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skate parks for wheely boots?

• 02-05-2014 4:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Has anyone ever been to a skate park with their derby gear? I have this lofty goal of being able to do tricks and skate about the place without the need to move in an anti-clockwise direction. I'm afraid all the boys/children will laugh at me in my protective gear and mouth guard.

Has anyone any experience in this department?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭louloumc89

I've been hanging out and roller blading at skate parks since my teens, so they don't intimidate me with their piercings and ****ty hash. I think once they see you jumping into the quarter pipe and Mohawking your way around the park it's all good. Just follow skate park etiquette and you'll be fine :) and if you're worried just go during a quiet time. In summer that means fairly early in the morning. And defo wear your gear, I used to just wear knee pads but I've started wearing all the gear and it helps you push outside your comfort zone. Be careful though...not of the kids...of the ramps and bowls because it can be dangerous. My girl is a very decent skater and she broke her wrist few months back in the skate park wearing guards and all.

Advertisement