Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bike Steam Clean on the Southside?

• 02-05-2014 7:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, is there anywhere near stillorgan that will steam clean my ratrod scooter? its time for its annual wash!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Zascar used to get his bike cleaned up beside Bewley's in Leopardstown.

Here is the website for the place: http://www.speedysteam.ie/motorbikes/. The Ducati was Zascars'.

Here is the original thread on it, and if you tell him Colin from Boards.ie sent you he might give you a slap discount

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Tomohawk

Thanks for the quick replies, I will scoot up to SpeedySteam this afternoon!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Tomohawk wrote: »
    Thanks for the quick replies, I will scoot up to SpeedySteam this afternoon!!

Let us know how you get on, might swing by myself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

aaakev wrote: »
    Let us know how you get on, might swing by myself!

This is the Bewleys in Leopardstown, not the one at Newlands Cross

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

RosieJoe wrote: »
    This is the Bewleys in Leopardstown, not the one at Newlands Cross

Haha good job you said that, I never copped it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

Hi folks, is there anywhere near stillorgan that will steam clean my ratrod scooter? its time for its annual wash!
    Don't wash her man, you'll destroy that lovely RatRod patina ;) :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Got this done last week, does a decent job but was not overly impressed for the price. But I got charged full whack (€20) as he was only standing in for the lad Zascar knows.....usually its around €15 or so. But best to get a price before the clean.....one thing I will say is that he does not use any wax or shiny stuff to bring the bike up after the steam clean so plastics etc can look a bit dull. Best to bring your own stuff for buffing up the shine afterwards.

Before:
    2i1e70o.jpg

9ti9t0.jpg

After:

aw9b0o.jpg

24qqzjt.jpg

335gpch.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Tomohawk

Just back now from the SteamCleaners, bike looks great, chrome came up nice and shiney shiney, 15 squids, job done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Just back now from the SteamCleaners, bike looks great, chrome came up nice and shiney shiney, 15 squids, job done!

€15 for a small scooter?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

So lads I know this guy pretty well. Cleans my bike and car all the time. He said normally its €20 for a bike but I said I could get him some more business and got a group deal, so mention Boards.ie and you'll get it for €15. I recommend calling and booking in before you leave just to make sure he's not booked up and agree the price. He's a really nice guy he'll look after you. His name is Fady - he's from Lebanon. He has an eastern european guy working for him but try to talk to Fady and tell him Colin sent you :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Zascar wrote: »
    So lads I know this guy pretty well. Cleans my bike and car all the time. He said normally its €20 for a bike but I said I could get him some more business and got a group deal, so mention Boards.ie and you'll get it for €15. I recommend calling and booking in before you leave just to make sure he's not booked up and agree the price. He's a really nice guy he'll look after you. His name is Fady - he's from Lebanon. He has an eastern european guy working for him but try to talk to Fady and tell him Colin sent you :)

I'll tell him I'm a UN Vet with tours in the south... "Special price for you Irish" ~ it would be nice to hear that one again :cool:

Advertisement