Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5 repair option

• 02-05-2014 8:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭

A friend was given a new SIM card for their iphone 5 recently and was told to insert it when their old sim shows no signal, when this happened she taught the sim slot was where the ear piece was and kept inserting a paperclip there to see would the sim pop out.
    Her screen went dead but the phone still appears active as when I plug it into itunes it sees it as her phone but needs me to press trust on the phone to connect which I can't, also when I move the phone to silent with the switch it viberates every time.

Is it worth getting a new screen with digi for it and should that just fix it ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,673 ✭✭✭squonk

Seriously? Has she no cop on? 10 years ago I'd have said something but in these days of ready access to Google, from her phone!, she has no excuse!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭jamesd

She's over 60 years old so maybe a little exception.

Any ideas guys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

It doesn't seem like something a new screen would fix, could possibly need a new board. I'd just send it back to apple and see what they can do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭neilmulvey

jamesd wrote: »
    A friend was given a new SIM card for their iphone 5 recently and was told to insert it when their old sim shows no signal, when this happened she taught the sim slot was where the ear piece was and kept inserting a paperclip there to see would the sim pop out.
    Her screen went dead but the phone still appears active as when I plug it into itunes it sees it as her phone but needs me to press trust on the phone to connect which I can't, also when I move the phone to silent with the switch it viberates every time.

Is it worth getting a new screen with digi for it and should that just fix it ?

screen flex is right behind that slot so she probably pierced it, hence no display

• Advertisement

neilmulvey wrote: »
    screen flex is right behind that slot so she probably pierced it, hence no display

So maybe a new screen with cable on it might sort it

• Registered Users Posts: 2 I Doctor

Hi,

My two cents - yes replacing the screen will probably fix the issue with the Dead screen, but
    if there was enough force used to go through the Headphone socket then that is probably damaged aswell, the front facing camera is also in this area- if you are getting it repaired make sure you go for the option of the screen that has the Speaker and Camera included - some of the standard places won't do that unless you ask - not that much more expensive to get it with both.

Regards,

I-Doctor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

That's a funny one in fairness

Advertisement