Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just moved to Castlemartyr

Options
  • 02-05-2014 8:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi there I just moved to Castlemartyr! I like the place but I don't know anyone! Does anyone know any activities or local groups that I could join? I am 32 year old guy. I'd be grateful of any recommendations.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Samzon

Looks like Castlemartyr is a very quite place! Kinda sad that I have to reply to myself LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭.red.

Samzon wrote: »
    Looks like Castlemartyr is a very quite place! Kinda sad that I have to reply to myself LOL.

Get yourself a fishing rod and reel and start exploring the coastline.
    Theres a very good tackle shop in cloyne who will look after you if you have any interest.
    Either a beach set up or a spinning set up would be gotten for €100 and if looked after should do you a good while. Theres some very good spots to fish within a few miles of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Frog Song

Samzon wrote: »

Try notice boards in the local shops/community halls etc, might be info on there. Local papers too.

Are you looking for any particular activities? You'll probably end up looking more towards Midleton direction for most things I'd imagine - I own a gym/martial arts centre there if that's of any interest to you........but if we know specific activities we can point you in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Are you looking for any particular activities? You'll probably end up looking more towards Midleton direction for most things I'd imagine - I own a gym/martial arts centre there if that's of any interest to you........but if we know specific activities we can point you in the right direction.

?

Little to nothing happens in Midleton, lets be honest.

Castlemartyr is the kind of place you go to live a quiet life and raise a family. Besides the gym, golf course and the GAA team, there isn't much to do activity wise.

• Advertisement
Advertisement