Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting landlord's contact details

Options
  • 02-05-2014 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭

I'm about to leave a property I've been renting for nearly 2 years. In all that time I've dealt solely with the agents regarding repairs etc. and the relationship has been going downhill as I've got more and more frustrated with their bull**** - not answering the phone, taking weeks and months to get anything sorted, messing me around with times

Since I have no contact details for the landlord, only a name, and I am worried about getting my deposit back I asked the agent for them. They refused, saying you won't need to contact them besides they live abroad. I was talking to one of the neighbours and apparently they know the landlord. They say they live part of the time in Spain but know the general area near here where they live in Ireland (no specific address though).

What are my options here?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

The landlord has appointed an agent to represent him. That is who should deal with. If not happy with the situation then you submit a complaint to the PRTB

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Santa Cruz wrote: »
    The landlord has appointed an agent to represent him. That is who should deal with. If not happy with the situation then you submit a complaint to the PRTB

The OP has a right to know who his Landlord is, contacting them is a different situation. Landlord details should be on his lease.

The Landlord might be interested to know that the estate agents aren't doing the job he pays them for.

If the deposit is held without a valid reason then submit a complaint to the PRTB.

OP if the landlord is residing outside the state are you withholding a part of the rent for tax purposes if your paying it directly to the landlords account, if not have the estate agents confirmed they are passing the 20% directly to the revenue commissioners?

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭skippy2

Quick email to Revenue should sort it out pretty smart quick i imagine :-) oh and CC the estate agent and Landlord so they dont feel left out..............

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭KBarry

The lease just states the landlord's name (no address). It's a rare enough name and a google search confirmed the info my neighbour gave me ... they own businesses in Spain and seem to be well known here too.
    I pay the rent directly to landlord's Irish account. No, I'm not withholding 20%. I'm not sure how long they spend living between here and abroad.

Advertisement