Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael Nesmith, Vicar Street, 30th September

Options
  • 02-05-2014 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭

This went on sale this morning. I'd be pretty confident it's the first time he's ever played a solo show here, although the four-piece Monkees played the Point in 1997. Recent setlists have been a really good selection of solo material, some Monkees songs, and lots of chat. Tickets are a very reasonable €36.50. Get there early to shout for Tapioca Tundra. :D

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

thanks for the notification, I didn't expect that!

was just listening to this on youtube

it's a nice clip of a song from his first album

• Registered Users Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

This has now been cancelled, I suspect due to poor ticket sales. I've seen no advertising of it anywhere, so they only have themselves to blame, but it's a real pity. The UK dates seem to be going ahead, as normal. I'd say Aiken just don't need another bad debt in their books right now, and figured it was easier to pull the plug entirely.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

This has now been cancelled, I suspect due to poor ticket sales. I've seen no advertising of it anywhere, so they only have themselves to blame, but it's a real pity. The UK dates seem to be going ahead, as normal. I'd say Aiken just don't need another bad debt in their books right now, and figured it was easier to pull the plug entirely.

Tipp-ex'd out of existence

Disappointing news, I was looking forward to it, but if it was poor ticket sales, there was another 2 months left to sell them?

I really hope it's not related, but I fear that you might be right about it being a knock on effect of the Garth Brooks cancellations.

Because if so, that might mean, in the future (trying my best not to use that phrase 'going forward':)) there'll be a lot of other smaller type gigs that we might not get to see in Dublin that would otherwise have been brought over?

edit: I just noticed the Edingurgh gig is also listed as cancelled, so maybe the reason for cancellation is a scheduling issue and not ticket sales and that perhaps they could be rescheduled? (hopefully anyway)

I checked The ticketmaster page that has the list of UK dates and it at the moment it is not allowing selection of tickets for some of the UK dates, so I wonder have these other shows also been taken off sale, even though they are not yet listed, on the page, as cancelled?

At least, it seems like they have been taken off sale? (the only other scenario when we can't select tickets, that I can think of is when the gigs are sold out)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

I didn't check that the UK dates were still available, as they were still listed on Ticketmaster as being on sale, but I checked Videoranch this morning, and sure enough, the whole tour has been pulled, UK and Ireland.

I didn't check that the UK dates were still available, as they were still listed on Ticketmaster as being on sale, but I checked Videoranch this morning, and sure enough, the whole tour has been pulled, UK and Ireland.

At least, that sounds like if he reschedules another tour sometime, it's not like they won't schedule a date here.

Did it give a reason for the cancellation of the tour?

Advertisement