Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bill Calculation

Options
  • 02-05-2014 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I was wondering if someone could help me. 

Yesterday I received a bill from mid-February until mid-April. 

The Bill was almost 200 Euros over what I usually paid in the preceding bills of November to January, and August to October - months which had a lot more usage from me due to weather, light, etc. 

My question:

Is that is there anyway of challenging the quote that I received yesterday, or even to query how it was calculated? I was expecting a lower bill than usual, and instead received one 200 euros over the previous bill.

Any advice would be most welcome. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi chases0102,

Is your bill based on a reading or is it estimated?

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭chases0102

Hi Una,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

Reading is based on a estimate. 

Hi again chases0102,

No problem. If usage for this bill is estimated, then all that is required is an actual meter reading to be sent in to us, and an accurate bill will then be issued.

We can take the meter reading by private message here on Boards if you wish.

ESB Networks endeavours to read a customer's meter for four out of six bills per year (accessibility of the meter permitting). When ESB Networks do not read the meter, the bill is estimated. There is a list on our website of ways in which customers can submit readings to us in the event of their bill being estimated (as well as by private message here on Boards or any of our social media channels).

If a custoner cannot access their meter, we would suggest requesting access/a reading from their landlord/lady or management company.

Kind regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭chases0102

Hi again chases0102,

No problem. If usage for this bill is estimated, then all that is required is an actual meter reading to be sent in to us, and an accurate bill will then be issued.

We can take the meter reading by private message here on Boards if you wish.

ESB Networks endeavours to read a customer's meter for four out of six bills per year (accessibility of the meter permitting). When ESB Networks do not read the meter, the bill is estimated. There is a list on our website of ways in which customers can submit readings to us in the event of their bill being estimated (as well as by private message here on Boards or any of our social media channels).

If a custoner cannot access their meter, we would suggest requesting access/a reading from their landlord/lady or management company.

Kind regards,
    Una
    Thanks for all that Una, very informative. 

I will access an actual meter reading ASAP, using one of the ways you outlined above. It's an apartment, so if there are any issues I can contact the landlord. 

Thanks again for your help. 

Hi again chases0102,

No problem, glad to assist. If you are private messaging us the meter reading(s) here on Boards, we are here today until 6pm and back on Tuesday from 8am. We would also require confirmation of your name/address/telephone number as well as your Electric Ireland account number.

Kind regards,
    Una

• Advertisement
Advertisement