Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brown bin options where there are no wheelie bins

Options
  • 02-05-2014 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭

My street has no wheelie bins, so people just leave out bags for general waste and recycling. But there is no brown bin option.
    I have no garden in the back, so I can't start my own composting. I know some of the collection companies have a brown bin.
    I can see that Greyhound will supply brown wheelie bins, but it's not ideal, as we have a very small outside area and it would have to be dragged all the way through the cottage to be left out.
    Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

If there's any sort of community garden in your area they sometimes offer composting facilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

It seems Greyhound now supply brown bins, even in bag collection areas (ie. areas with no wheelie bins), so I'll call them.

http://greyhound.ie/brown-bin-service-important-information/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Greyhound are sending me a green and a brown bin for an annual fee of €59. Green (cardboard, plastic, cans) is free for collection, brown (food, organic waste) is €3.50 per collection.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,215 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Greyhound are sending me a green and a brown bin for an annual fee of €59. Green (cardboard, plastic, cans) is free for collection, brown (food, organic waste) is €3.50 per collection.

Green is still completely free if you bring it to the Dublin City Council recycling centres.

Advertisement