Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IE patch for all windows versions including XP

Options
  • 02-05-2014 11:00am
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Folks,

If you are still using XP, and have turned automatic updates off, you may want to run a manual update, in order to get a patch that has been released for Internet Explorer, ALL versions from 6 onwards, and for operating systems from XP onwards.,

The patch was released this morning, and IS available for XP, as well as later versions of operating systems up to and including 8.1, and as far as I can see, it's a fix for the widely publicised vulnerability that resulted in warnings from a number of governments NOT to use IE until a patch had been released.

All IE versions from 6 and above are affected.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

IF YOU ARE USING XP I WOULD NOT ADVISE ANYONE ACCEPT ANY UPDATES FROM MICROSOFT!!!!!

I have read reports people saying IT MESSES UP IE AND SYSTEM RESTORE! (They dont work after the update)

Microsoft has an agenda now TO TRY AND FORCE EVERYONE OFF OF XP!!!!!!

PROTECT YOUR COMPUTERS PEOPLE -- DO NOT TRUST THEM!!

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭the watchman

I use XP.

I think I had that update last night. I have automatic updates switched on. It was KB2964358.

I saw the gold sheild and clicked it and I chose to 'install later'. Problem is when I turned computer off it automatically installed before computer shut down. Difficult to avoid it if you have automatic updates turned on.

I thought it was odd because I knew there were supposed to be no more updates. What now I wonder..........

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭the watchman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

I saw the gold sheild and clicked it and I chose to 'install later'. Problem is when I turned computer off it automatically installed before computer shut down. Difficult to avoid it if you have automatic updates turned on.
    I hope things continue to be ok for ya!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Dude111 wrote: »
    IF YOU ARE USING XP I WOULD NOT ADVISE ANYONE ACCEPT ANY UPDATES FROM MICROSOFT!!!!!

I have read reports people saying IT MESSES UP IE AND SYSTEM RESTORE! (They dont work after the update)

Microsoft has an agenda now TO TRY AND FORCE EVERYONE OFF OF XP!!!!!!

PROTECT YOUR COMPUTERS PEOPLE -- DO NOT TRUST THEM!!

I'm well protected, I've my tin foil hat on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement