Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elvery's

Options
  • 02-05-2014 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭

I am an O2 custoimer, and as such have a 20% discount off full priced items in an elverys shop. So I needed new runners. Head in store, and see that they have little tags on all shoes showing that they are not being sold at full RRP, rather at their own reduced prices. There were also some runners with sale prices written on them. So I choose my shoes, ensuring not to take a sale item. Head to the desk to be told that these shoes have already een resuced and therefore the 20~% discount does not apply. I explain that as the shoes havn't been sold at the higher value, which he confirmed, they are not technically sale prices, so the 20% should still stand. This guy was the assistant manager and he could not understand the definition of a sale item. He refused to apply the discount and told me to take it up with head office. I am going to do that shortly, just wondering what are everyones views on this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Arthur Beesley

What does 'already een resuced' mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

What does 'already een resuced' mean?

it means theres a b missing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Arthur Beesley

it means theres a b missing.

been reduced I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭skelligs

The 20% is off FULL priced items - in the T&c's it probably states that full price = rrp or non-discounted price.

If an item has an rrp and the company sells below that rrp, then the company can quite rightly say it is selling below full price.

Margins are low and competition is fierce in the sports footwear area and discounting is the name of the game. As they are not selling at full price (nothing says that THEY have to have it at full price for any amount of time,) and it is quite clearly marked that the y are not at the full price, you really have no complaint whatsoever.

However, you could ask for the shoes to be sold to you at full rrp and ask for 20% discount off that. Chances are, you'd be paying more.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,521 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

hence it sounds like the o2 discount is a load of ol' bo**ox. Will be interested to see how you get on with head office.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

TheDriver wrote: »
    hence it sounds like the o2 discount is a load of ol' bo**ox. Will be interested to see how you get on with head office.

I've used it a few times there on other stuff.
    Great discount if you know about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

whiskeyman wrote: »
    I've used it a few times there on other stuff.
    Great discount if you know about it.

i've been an o2 customer for a couple of years and this is the first i've heard of it. Is it for all o2 customers?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Beano wrote: »
    i've been an o2 customer for a couple of years and this is the first i've heard of it. Is it for all o2 customers?

Register with O2 Priority Moments - lots of discounts but the 20% elverys is the best one.

• Company Representative Posts: 265 Verified rep Telefonica O2 Reps

Hi Catxscotch, thanks for bringing this to our attention. Elverys is one of our most popular Priority Moments so we are always keen to hear feedback on this. Our Partnerships team will take this up with Elverys Head office and ask them to respond. In the meantime if there’s anything else we can do for you just let us know, thanks. Lisa

Advertisement