Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

West Ham v Tottenham

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

get the fook off paulinho useless jermaine jenas mk2

• Registered Users Posts: 10,373 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

We are a disgrace bar loris. We don't deserve him.

Paulinho is a useless wanker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭EazyD

2-0 down in late second half and Sandro's brought on. FFS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭NWPat

tom1ie wrote: »
    Paulinho is a useless wanker

As a genuine supporter of Tottenham Hotspur the above post is the reason I don't comment very often here. It is just abusive and completely unjustified to a player, who in my opinion has done reasonably well this season.

The level of expectation shown on this forum far exceeds what can be achieved on the budget that is available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Just saw the goal for the free kick WTF! A power puff taken shot by Downing. A big Brazilian & Togolese fearful of the ball touching them, an embarrassment to the shirt. Lloris should deck them both.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

EazyD wrote: »
    2-0 down in late second half and Sandro's brought on. FFS

I would not even do that in FM14..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

The only saving grace is that hopefully this ends Tims run and shows him up for how useless he really is

it takes some fecking doing for us to make stewart downing look good.

how does rose still get a game? our worse player this season imo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Thank you Hugo Lloris for saving us from a thumping today.

• Advertisement

davycc wrote: »
    it takes some fecking doing for us to make stewart downing look good.

how does rose still get a game? our worse player this season imo

There's several contenders.

close by rose there great run highlight of his poxy game- maybe he can play lw instead of gilfi and eriksen in future?

NWPat wrote: »
    As a genuine supporter of Tottenham Hotspur the above post is the reason I don't comment very often here. It is just abusive and completely unjustified to a player, who in my opinion has done reasonably well this season.

The level of expectation shown on this forum far exceeds what can be achieved on the budget that is available.

What are you on about? The guy has been extremely poor since the day we bought him therefore useless and by the look of him gutless and as quiet as a mouse. The level of expectation should be high we are used to finishing in the top 4 or 5 since the days of Martin jol.
    The criticism of paulinho is justified in my opinion however he is not the only one

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

What are you on about? The guy has been extremely poor since the day we bought him therefore useless and by the look of him gutless and as quiet as a mouse. The level of expectation should be high we are used to finishing in the top 4 or 5 since the days of Martin jol.
    The criticism of paulinho is justified in my opinion however he is not the only one
    Paulinho doesn't care, pulls out of tackles, turned his back in the wall, no heart , spurs all over at the minute

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Goodbye sherwood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭EazyD

While I totally agree with your first para, I strongly disagree with the second. We sunk over £100,000,000 into a squad who although very promising, have been atrocious in reality. Couple that with a clueless manager who's tactical descisions completely defy logic(read my first post) and we end up where we are now.

The only good thing to come from today is the possibility of the board throwing the towel on Sherwood and refocusing efforts on the league next year.

EazyD wrote: »
    While I totally agree with your first para, I strongly disagree with the second. We sunk over £100,000,000 into a squad who although very promising, have been atrocious in reality. Couple that with a clueless manager who's tactical descisions completely defy logic(read my first post) and we end up where we are now.

The only good thing to come from today is the possibility of the board throwing the towel on Sherwood and refocusing efforts on the league next year.

When I talk about the budget, it is the wages budget I am referring to. We pay the sixth highest wages in the league and have finished sixth, its a par performance, no more and no less.

Fees for players have far less impact than the amount the players are paid. The more you pay the better players you get. The league table for payroll looks like this:

1: Man City
    2: Chelsea
    3: Man Utd
    4: Arsenal
    5: Liverpol
    6: Tottenham

No team who has not been in the top three of the wages league has won the premier league. That's why Liverpool won't win it.(probably)

You did not criticise, you abused, they are not the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Gutless from the Brazilian, he should be flogged to the highest bidder just for that cowardness alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭debabyjesus

With all the talk of managers and players coming and going, who would want to come to spurs now considering everything that has gone on the last few years?

Good auld Dunphy would sum spurs up fairly well.....

SHAMBLES BILL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

disgrace all round today to be honest, notable exception being hugo. We can of course criticise Paulhino, deservedly so, regarding his performance today and his role in the goal.... but I honestly think that having been sold a pup by levy and basically lied to about Bale and AVB, and secondly seeing Tim sherwood running the show he has decided f*ck this why should I bother. In an ideal world of course he should be giving everything for the club we love, but I honestly think, if we get someone reputable as manager we will see the player that will be a regular for the probable winners of the world cup this summer. Sell him and we will regret it as he has the ability... just wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

disgrace all round today to be honest, notable exception being hugo. We can of course criticise Paulhino, deservedly so, regarding his performance today and his role in the goal.... but I honestly think that having been sold a pup by levy and basically lied to about Bale and AVB, and secondly seeing Tim sherwood running the show he has decided f*ck this why should I bother. In an ideal world of course he should be giving everything for the club we love, but I honestly think, if we get someone reputable as manager we will see the player that will be a regular for the probable winners of the world cup this summer. Sell him and we will regret it as he has the ability... just wait and see.
    Your probably right mate, but the fcuker should be earning his wages by working hard, same could be said for most of them I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jason 5pu45

Least enjoyable season since 97-98.and I don't care what promises Paulnho may or may not have been made.Hes a professional and is OBLIGED to turn in a performance every week.

Wasn't Paulinho having a whinge a few weeks back about being unhappy not being selected. He's been given his chance and has let himself down, he should be busting a gut in order to make the national side. It's my number one pet peeve when players wince out, it's a football, not a cannonball. It'll sting for a few seconds, but you'll live.

I wouldn't want rid just yet, I'm sure he has a lot more to offer, I really don't know what to make of him. He's nationality isn't an automatic stamp of greatness. Sandro and Capoue would be my preferred options.

Ade didn't cover himself in glory either, normal service resumed, honeymoon is over. Limp performance, back four couldn't cope with simple straight forward aerial balls. Carroll & Nolan must have wet dream playing that back four every weekend. They pulled and pushed them all over.

Whoever comes through the door is in for a tough time, and will really certainly earn there crust. United are a mirror image of ourselves after watching them today. It's not just down to the manger.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

When I talk about the budget, it is the wages budget I am referring to. We pay the sixth highest wages in the league and have finished sixth, its a par performance, no more and no less.

Fees for players have far less impact than the amount the players are paid. The more you pay the better players you get. The league table for payroll looks like this:

1: Man City
    2: Chelsea
    3: Man Utd
    4: Arsenal
    5: Liverpol
    6: Tottenham

No team who has not been in the top three of the wages league has won the premier league. That's why Liverpool won't win it.(probably)

Got to agree here. When we qualifed for CL we were punching well above our weight. Our spot in the league is 6th or 7th with the emergence of Everton again this season. So overall if we finish seventh should we really be that diapointed. When you look at it did any of the top 5 teams want any of our summer signings. Probally not. The more this season has gone on the more ive began to realise that Spurs are a midtable club because of the wage sturcture. The Lamella mess is farcial and would not happen in any other so called big club.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

tippspur wrote: »
    This is it,we defiantly owe these a beating,if they beat us three times in the one season it will just put the tin hat on the whole sorry story,I hope we thrash them........!

Whoops:P

Least enjoyable season since 97-98.and I don't care what promises Paulnho may or may not have been made.Hes a professional and is OBLIGED to turn in a performance every week.

at least we got klinsman back to save the day:D

poor old ginola couldnt do it all by himself;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

it's all the chariman's making

he sacked Redknapp after 2 top 4 finishes
    he sacked AVB after a few poor results only a few months after he delivered 72 pts
    he brought in baldini who spunked away 110mil on mostly rubbish
    he appointed an unqualified coach to take charge of one of the biggest clubs in England

he needs to be driven out by the fans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

he sacked AVB after a few poor results only a few months after he delivered 72 pts
    he appointed an unqualified coach to take charge of one of the biggest clubs in England

Here we go again, can we not keep these rants to the appropriate threads, not fill up the match threads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Why not give a balanced view of Levy? List all the things he got wrong and then list all the good things he has done for Tottenham Hotspur's. Then ask the fans if they would like levy to stay or go.

Listing only the bad and demanding he be driven out is unfair and dictatorial, in my opinion.

Advertisement