Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Race Recovery week

Options
  • 02-05-2014 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

Hi All,
    I did a 70K adventure race (run, cycle, kayak) last weekend. This week so far I have done a few 5k runs and plan to do a bit on the bike at the weekend and maybe a longer slow run.

What do people usually do in thw weeks after a similar distance race?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

cantwbr1 wrote: »
    What do people usually do in thw weeks after a similar distance race?
    SNIP

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

it's not going to last long but superb response..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

mossym wrote: »
    it's not going to last long but superb response..:)

Yellow card to Mossym for back seat modding :cool:

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I was trying to post a sensible response but that picture is horribly distracting. :)

Anyway, bums aside, how you recover is a personal thing, it depends on your fitness levels, training levels, what you plan to do next, and how fecked up you were after the race. My first AR, I could hardly walk, let alone train, for best part of a week.

A gentle week of my usual sessions, done easy, would be my own way to recover.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭MrCreosote

I also find having cocaine snorted off my buttocks is the best recovery!

Great minds...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

catweazle wrote: »
    Yellow card to Mossym for back seat modding :cool:

fair bust guvnor, but my resppnse should indicate at least that i would have left it there:)

Advertisement