Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Crystal Palace vs Liverpool; May 5th; 8pm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Villain wrote: »
    I have to laugh at people calling names and ranting against non pool fans posting.

It's soccer lads a bit of banter is part and parcel of it. Suck it up :D

Wanting your own team to lose is fairly pathetic in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Spirit of Istanbul. Liverpalace.

Crystalbul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

niallo27 wrote: »
    There top of the table. Your talking like they need a 50 goal swing
    You can't allow your heart to be led astray by a permutation involving Aston Villa. I won't let you get your heart broken again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Lapin wrote: »
    A lot of visitors here in the last few minutes.

Welcome lads.

Please state your team and league position on the way in.

Dude, the Liverpool fans have been at it all year on the United forum and match threads...you cannot expect them not to gloat now?

7th, European Champions quarter final and a trophy. Not a great season, but I'll take it. Like Liverpool, we need to move forward, strengthen in weak areas and challenge again. Don't think City deserve to win, but they'll be tough to beat next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

niallo27 wrote: »
    Wanting your own team to lose is fairly pathetic in fairness.

What have we to play for?

You would swear my wanting Villa to lose will influence the players or something!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭John Cherry

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Dude, the Liverpool fans have been at it all year on the United forum and match threads...you cannot expect them not to gloat now?

7th, European Champions quarter final and a trophy. Not a great season, but I'll take it. Like Liverpool, we need to move forward, strengthen in weak areas and challenge again. Don't think City deserve to win, but they'll be tough to beat next year.

I'm pretty sure everyone does not count the Community Shield as a trophy. Well I know I don't anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

A lot of understandably butt-hurt fans in here tonight but jaysus, take it on the chin a bit, don't hang around waiting to be pissed off by someone if you're not able for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭SoulTrader

Pulis deserves a lot of credit for how he has turned Palace around since his appointment. His style of play won't win over many neutrals but there won't be too many Palace fans complaining. Thought they wouldn't have any fight in them as they're already safe so was surprised to hear they came back from 3 down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

This thread has been an absolute pleasure to read. Thanks to all who contributed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

I'm pretty sure everyone does not count the Community Shield as a trophy. Well I know I don't anyway.

Indeed.

It's a shield.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

The United fans do now. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Will the 5th of May be known as the day the Community Shield became a trophy?

I seen a few people referring to winning that charity shield as an achievement the last few days.

Stretching it just a bit!

AdamD wrote: »
    Will the 5th of May be known as the day the Community Shield became a trophy?

May the Shield be with you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I seen a few people referring to winning that charity shield as an achievement the last few days.

Getting to play in it is an achievement, never mind winning it.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭peterswellman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Hahahaha talk about bottling it :)

Getting to play in it is an achievement, never mind winning it.

Well that's a different story

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Haters be hating

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭The Narrator

The air of schadenfreude in this thread is really classy..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Imagine if Liverpool won the league? These people would be running for a cliff as fast as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

So will this be the first end of season Sunday with absolutely nothing to play for for any team? Disappointing end really as there was a promise of a three way fight for the title.

On the other hand, Liverpool fans are butt-hurt so everything is awesome:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

All I can say is lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Can see Palace nicking a draw if Liverpool don't add a few more.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

16th of March. Liverpool fans singing ''were guna win the league'' as though they were 20 points clear.

That is why I didnt want Liverpool to win the league, always had a feeling that premature singing would come back to bite them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

16th of March. Liverpool fans singing ''were guna win the league'' as though they were 20 points clear.

That is why I didnt want Liverpool to win the league, always had a feeling that premature singing would come back to bite them.

Why would that bother you. It's only a song.

So will this be the first end of season Sunday with absolutely nothing to play for for any team? Disappointing end really as there was a promise of a three way fight for the title.

On the other hand, Liverpool fans are butt-hurt so everything is awesome:pac:

It's not actually over yet though.

It's almost done(in my head it is anyway), but not completely

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Augmerson wrote: »
    Imagine if Liverpool won the league? These people would be running for a cliff as fast as possible.

Nope! As I said, Liverpool deserve to win the league :-) but it won't happen now. That's been thrown away in the last 2 games, and I cannot see City slipping up now. They have too much consistency, even if they have not been spectacular this year. What they have done well is get points off the stubborn teams.

At the start of the year, if Liverpool were offered second and CL football next year, they'd have taken it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Do you really think those singing really thought they were actually gonna go on a win it without any doubt?
    Its called enjoying the moment,pathetic reason for you to not want Liverpool to win the league.
    Im pretty sure you didnt want it in the first place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Ok, so if they hadn't have sung that song then you'd have wanted Liverpool to win the league?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

rarnes1 wrote: »

Well, in so far as you have to either win the league or the main domestic cup to be in the Community Shield I suppose it is a bit of an achievement.

I prefer to use the term silverware though when describing it, hard time calling it a trophy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

yyyyyesssssssss Great Result, great game.

Absolutely delighted by that, Pulis showed why he's still one of the most effective managers out there. Hopefully they can build on that next year.

Think that almost defined Liverpool as well, very good in attack, very poor in defense. City have to have it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

vid

In all fairness M&G Chelsea fans have sang this song this season too.

It's a song sang all over the globe in various languages and forms I'm sure. I doesn't mean that they are any more or less deserving as a result of singing it.

The team with the most points at the end of the season are deserving winners regardless of who the team, how well they have played in games, what song they sing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

"classy" seems to be the fallback buzzword whenever liverpool lose a game lately

"classy" seems to be the fallback buzzword whenever liverpool lose a game lately

I should have said cnutish...

In all fairness M&G Chelsea fans have sang this song this season too.

It's a song sang all over the globe in various languages and forms I'm sure. I doesn't mean that they are any more or less deserving as a result of singing it.

The team with the most points at the end of the season are deserving winners regardless of who the team, how well they have played in games, what song they sing.

Sure teams fighting for relegation sing songs about being the greatest team the world has seen. Sang up and down the country

If you took every football song serious, you'd implode

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Thought manager of the season was between the 2 on show tonight. Think Pulis edges it now though, turning Palace round from nailed on certainty for relegation to King maker has been outstanding. Rogers was the man if he finished the job and Liverpool finally won the Premier League but the wheels have fallen off at just the wrong time for them after that incredible run.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Jonathan Pearce on the BBC tonight: "The PL's the only league where a team with nothing to play for beats a title challenger." Eh?

How do people like him get paid to talk about football? Funny thing is he'll probably be giving his opinion in the run up to the Champions League final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Jonathan Pearce on the BBC tonight: "The PL's the only league where a team with nothing to play for beats a title challenger." Eh?

How do people like him get paid to talk about football? Funny thing is he'll probably be giving his opinion in the run up to the Champions League final.

Levante 2-0 Athletico. Hes a clown!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Or, indeed, whenever they win a game.

Musn't have been watching the Italian league this week, or Spain, or Portugal...etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Liverpool looked fairly gassed out there tonight. Even when up by 3 nil, they looked completely outta steam. Draw was a harsh result on us, but I doesnt make any difference, league was lost against Chelsea.

Liverpool looked fairly gassed out there tonight. Even when up by 3 nil, they looked completely outta steam. Draw was a harsh result on us, but I doesnt make any difference, league was lost against Chelsea.

City will draw one of their games.

City will draw one of their games.

No chance, too much firepower for who they have left. And they dont sit back and let teams come at them either. Games up, Liverpool are done

No chance, too much firepower for who they have left. And they dont sit back and let teams come at them either. Games up, Liverpool are done

I still think City will win the league but drop points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

it's because we don't calm the fúck down.

we had Palace on the ropes at 3-0 and had plenty of time to keep the ball and just try to pick them off if we could.

you can't constantly go at 100mph.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

Villain wrote: »
    What have we to play for?

You would swear my wanting Villa to lose will influence the players or something!:rolleyes:

As a Villa fan, if we beat City on Wednesday and Liverpool go on to win it, we'd have the ultimate STFU card to play to any gloating Liverpool fans. And let's be honest, gloating Liverpool fans is pretty much everyone's biggest concern with that situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Sure its far from over yet. Sure Liverpool fans were saying Everton still had a chance of qualifying for the champions league last week when they were 4 points behind arsenal and now Liverpool are a point ahead of city and its over??

• Advertisement

SlickRic wrote: »
    it's because we don't calm the fúck down.

we had Palace on the ropes at 3-0 and had plenty of time to keep the ball and just try to pick them off if we could.

you can't constantly go at 100mph.

I dont want us to always go at 100mph, but after conceding the first, they were too tired to even hang on to the ball. And when we did get it, we still tried to counter, but didnt have the legs to do it. Rodgers needs to get a plan B for the team, that sets the team up to defend that doesnt involve us having run around like lunatics, chasing down the ball.

Edit: I think maybe we are making the same point :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement