Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Crystal Palace vs Liverpool; May 5th; 8pm

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Thought manager of the season was between the 2 on show tonight. Think Pulis edges it now though, turning Palace round from nailed on certainty for relegation to King maker has been outstanding. Rogers was the man if he finished the job and Liverpool finally won the Premier League but the wheels have fallen off at just the wrong time for them after that incredible run.

Taking a team from 7th to, right now, 1st and at worst 3rd, and Champions League football next season is not as good as keeping a team up? Not to deride what Pulis has achieved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Jesus, would all you Tony Pulis (sorry Man Utd) fans shut up already about TP being great, he's not, he's a crass manager that instilled cheating and aggression into Stoke city.

A horrible class of a manager.

Manager of the year my arse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

vicwatson wrote: »
    Jesus, would all you Tony Pulis (sorry Man Utd) fans shut up already about TP being great, he's not, he's a crass manager that instilled cheating and aggression into Stoke city.

Just had a a part in the most funny title collapse in years though!

Hero :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭John Cherry

Getting a bit anxious, were we?

No was just celebrating a goal against a rival team like any football fan does ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

He absolutely deserves to be mentioned imo. What he did at Stoke is irrelevant(Stoke fans consider him a legend btw), what he's done at Palace is a tremendous achievement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Pulis done great tonight with his subs unlike Rodgers, manager of the year for Tony.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Well if thats the only reason then fine, otherwise ......we all know what type of manager he is anyways, wouldn't have him near my club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

I thought Brenda n said it was easy to defend with 10 men behind the ball

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭The Narrator

Looks like Pulis for next United manager. Seems to be what the fans want anyway...

Go from 7th to Pulis's customary mid table position next year...
    Enjoy the Europa League.
    Oh, wait..

I thought Brenda n said it was easy to defend with 10 men behind the ball

It certainly isn't easy to defend with 2 behind the ball!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭The Internet

4eGhL1F.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Looks like Pulis for next United manager. Seems to be what the fans want anyway...

Enjoy the Europa League.
    Oh, wait..

Lol. Somebody has taken it badly tonight :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Y2KBOS86

Augmerson wrote: »
    Taking a team from 7th to, right now, 1st and at worst 3rd, and Champions League football next season is not as good as keeping a team up? Not to deride what Pulis has achieved.

Suarez took the team from 7th to 1st and now 3rd.

Chelsea, Arsenal, City would have walked the league with him, I dare say United would have made the top 4 with him.

Best player in the league by far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Enjoy the Europa League.
    Oh, wait..

Van Gaal should be confirmed soon enough

But fair play to Pulis, manager of the season easy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Enjoy the Europa League.
    Oh, wait..

His odds on being NUFC manager have dropped dramatically....

Lol. Somebody has taken it badly tonight :pac:

Not really. Palace played well in the last 30 minutes and deserved what they got.
    I just find the descending of fans with scummy comments a bit, well scummy tbh.

Y2KBOS86 wrote: »
    Suarez took the team from 7th to 1st and now 3rd.

Chelsea, Arsenal, City would have walked the league with him, I dare say United would have made the top 4 with him.

Best player in the league by far.

Suarez at Chelsea would be pointless when Jose has them playing like they do, he'll have to sort that out next season. But yeah at City or Arsenal, would have been a tour de force.

Not really. Palace played well in the last 30 minutes and deserved what they got.

Chin up lad, it's only banter.

At least you don't go hiding after a defeat ;)

Show me a scummy comment. I must have missed those.
    I did see a Liverpool fan call someone a twat and another a f*cking asshole, that's the worst I seen.

A little something for all football fans in here tonight :)

• Advertisement

I did see a Liverpool fan call someone a twat and another a f*cking asshole, that's the worst I seen.

And I'm the one who got a warning for pointing it out.

And I'm the one who got a warning for pointing it out.

the injustice of it all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

https://vine.co/v/MeaB03x7JWA/embed

This thread quickly became the United/Arsenal/Chelsea gloating thread a while back and dont't pretend that it didn't...

Bolasie looks decent, maybe you can sign him for your Europa League push next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

A little something for all football fans in here tonight :)

Initially I was reluctant to thank that post.

Liverpool would claim, and not too many would argue this season, that they have one of the top 5 players in the world (some say top 3) on the team, in great form this season and banging in goals and getting penalties all over the shop

Liverpool showed signs in the latter stages of last season that they were on an upward curve, they have exceeded expectation this season obviously.

Pulis took over a team who were absolutely nailed on to be going straight back to the Championship, he has made them safe without breaking a sweat basically.

That is quite an achievement, to knock it is foolish, it doesnt negate Liverpools season.

Scummy comments like, Tony Pulis has done a great job.

Nobody thinking of the children there I see!!

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭S. Goodspeed

Title collapse? Really??? Losing against a significantly better funded and mature Chelsea team which all but handed City (another extremely well funded team) the title qualifies as a "collapse" now?

the injustice of it all

Tell me about I'm glad your on my side ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Some game. I thought Palace would get hammered when it went to 3-0 but credit to them for coming back. It's a hefty blow to Liverpool but it doesn't change things too much for City. If they lose to Villa the momentum swings back to Liverpool. Might be a few twists left still.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Not collapsed yet

Remember the 6 minutes in Istanbul?

This 'King Over Pope' brigade have a pact with Satan I tell ya!

I think Brenda's conceding of the title is nonsense designed to encourage Man City to be complacent. Because not that much changed in the title race between the first whistle and the last whistle at Selhurst Park. Liverpool always needed a Man City slip up against either Villa or West Ham. That's still the case. Only now they need it to be a defeat slip whereas a draw slip would've done previously. Only thing that could really stop City. is complacency.

This thread quickly became the United/Arsenal/Chelsea gloating thread a while back and dont't pretend that it didn't...

Bolasie looks decent, maybe you can sign him for your Europa League push next season.

Again I'll ask you to show me a scummy comment or are you just being extremely precious about this?

Title collapse? Really??? Losing against a significantly better funded and mature Chelsea team which all but handed City (another extremely well funded team) the title qualifies as a "collapse" now?

Losing 3 goals to a significantly worse funded recently promoted team in the final 10 minutes constitutes a collapse alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

awaiting the imminent arise of the united fans to spoof ****e, most of the ones i know, their season restarted with Stevie Gs slip against Chelsea

And you wonder why? Hmmmm........on the cusp of the first title for 23 years, and you were still obsessed with United.
    Bjmq7VOIAAAWR-N.jpg
    And you just know, through all their despair, you're Man U mates are secretly watching our games, praying for an upset so they can light up Facebook with "well at leafs the scoucers won't win the league" ****e.
    So many times this year they have been left to curse at the tv!!
    ive cried laughing all year at whiskey noses replacement, and united fans debating how they will sign Ruiz and Kroos
    2 is enough lads now we don't want Moyes getting sacked or anything silly

"Spoof sh!te", indeed.

kryogen wrote: »
    Losing 3 goals to a significantly worse funded recently promoted team in the final 10 minutes constitutes a collapse alright.

Ye lost to Sunderland the other day. Short term memory or what..

• Advertisement

What's that got to do with the price of turnips?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

I think palace going 3 behind and fighting back is the ultimate troll by them.

What's that got to do with the price of turnips?

That United supporters are gloating over Liverpool drawing with Palace when ye were brutal vs Sunderland at the weekend.

But speaking of the price of turnips...they go for 27 million in Manchester apparently...

That United supporters are gloating over Liverpool drawing with Palace when ye were brutal vs Sunderland at the weekend.

But speaking of the price of turnips...they go for 27 million in Manchester apparently...

Or 35 million in liverpool

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

In fairness narrator, Liverpool fans (and all fans) have been rolling around the aisles at United all season. They're due a bit of payback.

• Advertisement

Worth every penny if he scores the winner next Sunday!

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Worth every penny if he scores the winner next Sunday!
    :rolleyes: :pac::P

Touche :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Title collapse? Really??? Losing against a second string Chelsea team which all but handed City (another extremely well funded team) the title qualifies as a "collapse" now?

FYP

I'll leave you to wallow in your tears, funny how you keep crying about other posters having a go at Liverpool when each of your last few posts are slagging off United.
    Practice what you preach and all that...

bad2dabone wrote: »
    In fairness narrator, Liverpool fans (and all fans) have been rolling around the aisles at United all season. They're due a bit of payback.

The reality is though, United have been the top team in England for 20 years and they're now 7th and getting trounced by Liverpool, Chelsea, Everton, City etc.do you really expect people to weep over them not being the top team any more?

20 years of lauding it over others and then crapping on opposing fans when they drop points. Yeah, Liverpool fans deserve it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

bad2dabone wrote: »

I certainly don't begrudge United fans moment in the sun. It's not like they've beaten getting any enjoyment from their own team this season.

I'll leave you to wallow in your tears, funny how you keep crying about other posters having a go at Liverpool when each of your last few posts are slagging off United.
    Practice what you preach and all that...

What, you're United supporters. As sad has that has been for the past 9 months..

What, you're United supporters. As sad has that has been for the past 9 months..

Now you're just getting incoherent :confused:

What has that got to do with today?

Maybe you should read the post it was responding to? Making it seem like ye had let this slip to a team like Chelsea, like City, no when the crunch time came, ye were 3-0 up against a much worse off financially, no star power team like Crystal Palace, and ye blew it.

Not City, not Chelsea. Crystal ****ing Palace.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement