Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Crystal Palace vs Liverpool; May 5th; 8pm

1141516171820»

Comments

Joe Cole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

@The Narrator.
    Look man, you were the one crying about other fans and their "scummy" comments, now you're spending all your time in this thread slagging off United.
    You are a hypocrite. A classic case of "can dish it out but can't take it"
    I'm off to bed now, sweet dreams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

@The Narrator.
    Look man, you were the one crying about other fans and their "scummy" comments, now you're spending all your time in this thread slagging off United.
    You are a hypocrite. A classic case of "can dish it out but can't take it"
    I'm off to bed now, sweet dreams.

Still waiting for one of these scummy posts actually

Unless he meant the ones from some pool fans calling other people twats and assholes of course.......but that wouldnt make much sense considering he was bitching about rival fans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭The Narrator

astrofool wrote: »
    That is fuppin' hilarious to watch :) Hopefully Suarez has a cry now.
    Liamalone wrote: »
    Aaaaw, a lick of Suarez's tears would be nice.
    astrofool wrote: »
    And it looks like he's started.

BYq21.gif
    First let me say ha! Followed by yes...... HA!!

Couldn't of happened to a nicer bunch :-)
    Y'all know how Milan felt now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Nothing scummy in those comments

Nothing scummy in those comments

Matter of opinion I suppose.

Matter of opinion as to exactly how precious one is I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭chrissb8

Guess it finally happened. The day Liverpool's defence let them down royally. Was always the possibility though. Liverpool just scored a lot this season and conceded stupid goals at stupid times. Just a matter of time before the attack couldn't make up for dreadful defending. What a season for Liverpool though! champions league and what else onwards. Rodgers could really do with some advice in the defending department though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

No they were not scummy.

Report the posts see if anyone actually sees them as scummy

• Advertisement

kryogen wrote: »
    Matter of opinion as to exactly how precious one is I suppose

Are we going to personal insults now? I thought this was the Soccer forum..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

We're guna win the league...

LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

The main reason I want Villa to win tomorrow, is any time a Liverpool fan brings up winning the league(which they will at every opp going by how they have been this season) Im going to say sure wasnt it us who won it for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

astonaidan wrote: »
    The main reason I want Villa to win tomorrow, is any time a Liverpool fan brings up winning the league(which they will at every opp going by how they have been this season) Im going to say sure wasnt it us who won it for you

I'd have no problem with this.

Are we going to personal insults now? I thought this was the Soccer forum..

If you think that's a personal insult you know what to do :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

The Narrator is having a mare.

Step away from the internet and have a think for a minute. This is a great year for Liverpool, irrespective of how it all ends up. And you're still in with a shout until the final day. Anything can happen, as was shown tonight.

• Advertisement

If you think that's a personal insult you know what to do :)

Personal: relating to, directed to, or intended for a particular person.

Insult: to affect as an affront; offend or demean.

I'm failing to see how this doesn't apply to what you said.

Personal: relating to, directed to, or intended for a particular person.

Insult: to affect as an affront; offend or demean.

I'm failing to see how this doesn't apply to what you said.

Hey I can't help you with that!

Like I said, if you think the post is a personal insult, you know what to do -

actually, in case you don't, there is a facility to report posts you deem offensive, just click on this button report.gif

Hey I can't help you with that!

Like I said, if you think the post is a personal insult, you know what to do -

actually, in case you don't, there is a facility to report posts you deem offensive, just click on this button report.gif

I was just proving that what you said was a personal insult, couldn't care less about reporting it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

The Narrator, give it a rest - get back to the match, not who posters support. If you feel a post breaks the charter, report it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

niallo27 wrote: »
    I'd have no problem with this.
    Oh you shall be quoted someday :pac:

• Advertisement

I was just proving that what you said was a personal insult, couldn't care less about reporting it.

You failed in that so

Obviously as there was nothing personal in it. Since you wont be reporting it I assume its safe to move on then

I see #bottlers is trending on Twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

This is a particularly veiny and thorny one to take up the masher, banter wise, but I feel like I'm still standing, just barely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

dahat wrote: »
    Fancy a Liverpool slip up and Palace to cap a great second half to the season with a point at home to this seasons surprise package.

good call:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

We're guna win the league...

LOL

Aren't you a Chelsea fan? What the **** are you laughing about exactly? You had a far worse collapse down the stretch than Liverpool. Your conquering hero of a manager is picking fights with the more talented members of the squad and may yet get the sack. :confused:

I wouldn't argue with Pulis as manager of the year, done a great job with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

This thread has turned into a primary school playground :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

still think city have it in them to slip up. it's city after all.

the liverpool support should keep their hopes up.

but if they don't win this league.... jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Can see Palace nicking a draw if Liverpool don't add a few more.

Don't know if it has been mentioned...

but this was an unbelievable call at 3-0 :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Gavlor wrote: »
    This thread has turned into a primary school playground :D

Aye, the Everton -v- Man City thread was locked and it wasn't half as stupid as this one! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I certainly don't begrudge United fans moment in the sun. It's not like they've beaten getting any enjoyment from their own team this season.

This! I mean, I do begrudge them their moment, there are some Liverpool fans here who are acting ridiculous. How did they expect Man U fans to react. Are they looking for sympathy or something. Of course they are going to dine out on this and rightly so.

We're going to get some craic from Man U over the next few seasons now that the dynasty is over, so we have to learn to take it as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Aren't you a Chelsea fan? What the **** are you laughing about exactly? You had a far worse collapse down the stretch than Liverpool. Your conquering hero of a manager is picking fights with the more talented members of the squad and may yet get the sack. :confused:

actually agree with all that, except the sack bit. Maybe next season!
    Did all the hard work, then sloppy sloppy sloppy.
    I thought he was the happy one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Most enjoyable game of the year.
    6 goals!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

anncoates wrote: »
    It's a absolute disgrace that another team may have the temerity to endeavour to refuse to ship 3 to 4 goals for the edification of Liverpool-supporting TV audiences.

Can a complaint be lodged with the premier league about this rank affront to sportsmanship?

To add insult to injury, Palace went and completely ruined the game by expressing their inherent negativity vis a vis the surreal medium of scoring 3 goals.

Surely charges much be forthcoming from the premier league?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

This season has been the ultimate in role reversal for Liverpool/Manchester United fans

Ill gladly take a few slags to keep it continue :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

What a game !! Up there with the CL final a few years back where Liverpool came back and won it !! I remember posting how I was willing them to win the game and actually cheering when they did !!

I'm a United fan so that wasn't an easy thing to admit to.

I do feel sorry for Gerard, a player of his class deserves to win a PL medal. Still an outside chance though.

It's at times like this you miss the friendly banter from The Muppet, where did he go to ?

Ken

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Can see Palace nicking a draw if Liverpool don't add a few more.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

ZENER wrote: »
    What a game !! Up there with the CL final a few years back where Liverpool came back and won it !! I remember posting how I was willing them to win the game and actually cheering when they did !!

I'm a United fan so that wasn't an easy thing to admit to.

I do feel sorry for Gerard, a player of his class deserves to win a PL medal. Still an outside chance though.

It's at times like this you miss the friendly banter from The Muppet, where did he go to ?

Ken

wow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Aren't you a Chelsea fan? What the **** are you laughing about exactly?

lol

• Advertisement

You wouldnt find it funny if Chelsea were 0-3 up and lost it in 9mins, ruining their league chances at the same time? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

You wouldnt find it funny if Chelsea were 0-3 up and lost it in 9mins, ruining their league chances at the same time? :pac:

I find it funny when Chelsea's special one constantly plays down their chances of winning the league, while secretely thinking he can nab both the league and the Champions league without a fuss as he applies the pressure on everyone else ... and then they get handed their asses by a proper side and get totally found out thus ending tropheyless AND playing a crap brand of football.

... Chelsea, the only team to have 2 world class no.10's and play neither of them!

... but yes, it would be humourous to say the least.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement