Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Crystal Palace vs Liverpool; May 5th; 8pm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭xtal191

Easy win for Liverpool!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Easy win for Palace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

10-O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Mr Pulis has a good home record against Liverpool.

But Liverpool are having a great season and Suarez is due a few goals :D

As long as Palace dont park the bus Liverpool should win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I can see a luis hat trick tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Palace 9/4 to win or draw.

Banker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Neeson wrote: »
    it will drive him on to take a few pot-shots from outside the box. Some will go in.
    Well that approach has been known to work wonders in the past. Why just as recently as last Sun.........Oh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

djPSB wrote: »

Banker.

Got that a few days ago. With Palace's home form it's incredibly generous.

Not saying Pool won't win, but just saying that them being so massively odds on is a bit dubious given how good Palace have been lately.

djPSB wrote: »

Banker.

Palace are 7/1 draw no bet

Boyles now going 5/1 the draw

Palace available @ 8/1 in various to win

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

Our Year wrote: »
    10-O

hopefully steve peters will have hypnotised the lads into believing anything short of a 10 goal margin of victory will lead to their imprisonment and torture after the game - nothing like a motivated team full of belief

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

6 goals, for some reason ive been thinking there will be 6 goals scored in this match

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Good news for Liverpool fans, my ban ended today and therefore we will win. We've not won since i was originally banned ;))) Pity City are still firing on all cylinders though. Hopefully will grab a good win tonight and push it to the last game, would be a shame to not at least drag it out until the last possible moment.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

barone wrote: »
    6 goals, for some reason ive been thinking there will be 6 goals scored in this match

3-3 :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,982 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Palace play a style of football that is hard to press high against. Pulis had a decent record with Stoke against Liverpool with a win and a draw against Rogers last season. Liverpool want more than just a win and I think that will be very tough against Palace because of the pace they have on the break. This is a very tricky one for Liverpool and I think they should play their normal style and not look for too much.

I don't think it will come down to goals anyways. City seem to be falling apart with injuries. You had Yaya Toure and Aguero going off the last day and Silva wasn't fit to start and for me thats their three most important players. I can see them slipping up over the next two games if those players remain on the sidelines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Palace are 25/1 to win one nil. That's very tempting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Hoping for a Liverpool win to keep things interesting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Can't see anything but a hat-trick from rightful PFA Player of the Year James Puncheon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

monkey9 wrote: »
    Palace are 25/1 to win one nil. That's very tempting.

Gonna stick 700 euro on it...will stick up the betslip if England win the world cup and City retain the league next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Hopefully its at least a repeat last time I was in Liverpool when they played a Tony Pulis side, that night Liverpool beat Stoke 4-0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

niallo24 wrote: »
    Ha ha what? Huge pressure on Liverpool, City did their job two days ago. Must win for Liverpool.

That has been said about every game since January.

They do have to win now but I think there is slightly less pressure s everyone expects City to romp home for the title

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Hopefully its at least a repeat last time I was in Liverpool when they played a Tony Pulis side, that night Liverpool beat Stoke 4-0

This game is away from home though, lets hope its like the last time a Tony Pulis side were at home vs Liverpool, 3-1 to Stoke that time :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

murpho999 wrote: »
    That has been said about every game since January.

They do have to win now but I think there is slightly less pressure s everyone expects City to romp home for the title

Every game is must win really n

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

10-0 to Liverpool would be a nice result

Added to a 1-0 city win next match would make it very interesting for the final weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Sturridge in for Coutinho.

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Sturridge in for Coutinho.

Interesting.

Would have thought it would be Sturridge in Lucas out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Interesting.

Would have thought it would be Sturridge in Lucas out.

I think we have come expecting a dog fight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Liverpool could absolutely score a load bit I have zero confidence in them keeping a clean sheet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

I hope there's no talk of goal difference tonight and Rodgers knows better than to mention it to the players.

The difference is insurmountable and any talk about trying to put 4 or 5 past them might possibly take their eye off the main goal which is 3 points.

If the title is to be settled on GD then it is undoubtedly City's title

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

I have an awful feeling in my gut about tonight. :(

I'm not used to this on Mondays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Lapin wrote: »
    I have an awful feeling in my gut about tonight. :(

I'm not used to this on Mondays.

That's the pressure I am talking about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I can see a draw at best for Liverpool.

I think last week will have knocked the fight out of us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Mignolet,
    Johnson, Skrtel, Sakho, Flanagan
    Gerrard-
    Lucas, Allen
    Sterling,
    ----Sturridge----Suarez

Presumably.

Jones, Toure, Agger, Coutinho, Aspas, Moses, Cissokho

niallo24 wrote: »
    That's the pressure I am talking about.

Unless Liverpool establish an early lead and dominate from the outset, I'll end up watching most of it from behing the sofa, or spend most of the 90 minutes swearing at Ronnie O'Sullivan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Fancy a Liverpool slip up and Palace to cap a great second half to the season with a point at home to this seasons surprise package.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Cmon Palace!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

I wouldn't be a fan of all three of Gerrard, Allen and Lucas in midfield.

Rodgers says Coutinho has a slight injury, I suppose he has no other viable options.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Coutinho has a knock.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

By the gods of Olympus I feel a result coming

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Expecting Liverpool and City to both lose their remaining games 10-0 and Chelsea to win the league with a point on Sunday.

Expecting Liverpool and City to both lose their remaining games 10-0 and Chelsea to win the league with a point on Sunday.

Stranger things have happened.

Can't think of any though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

quarryman wrote: »
    Cmon Palace!

Why are you so bitter.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

I see the big Palace crowd are in here tonight !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Im totally fine with any result tonight. Season 'goals' have been achieved already and im looking forward to a summer where the club bring in players who are at a level to be automatic starters in 2 or 3 positions. I have a total sense of calm due to the fact i'd have been completely happy with where we are in the table at the start (plus city will get 6 points and too many goals). Team just needs to approach tonight like nothing matters, only way to go about it imo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Lucas doesnt really cut it anymore
    I think its times like this our squad is exposed

Blatter wrote: »
    I wouldn't be a fan of all three of Gerrard, Allen and Lucas in midfield.

Rodgers says Coutinho has a slight injury, I suppose he has no other viable options.

That's it

Shows how threadbare the squad is tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'd take a 0-1 off Skrtels neck bolt via Suarez backside if that's what it takes.

Crystal Palace: Speroni, Mariappa, Dann, Delaney, Ward, Dikgacoi, Jedinak, Ledley, Bolasie, Puncheon, Chamakh.

Subs: Hennessey, Gabbidon, Parr, O'Keefe, Ince, Gayle, Murray.

Paul Tom Ince to score the goal that denies Liverpool and the league a grandstand finish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Coutinho has a knock.

Was it just me or did Rodgers look a bit unsure when he was saying that?

'With only two games left, it's too much of a risk but he can come off the bench'

That doesn't really make much sense! He could have just said he has a slight injury because he didn't want to say he has dropped him.

Not a big deal either way, just speculating.

daithijjj wrote: »
    Im totally fine with any result tonight. Season 'goals' have been achieved already and im looking forward to a summer where the club bring in players who are at a level to be automatic starters in 2 or 3 positions. I have a total sense of calm due to the fact i'd have been completely happy with where we are in the table at the start (plus city will get 6 points and too many goals). Team just needs to approach tonight like nothing matters, only way to go about it imo.

Spot on pal.

I have a really nice sense of calm knowing how and who we have at the club, and how we went about our business this season.

Only way is up imo and really looking forward to landing that type of exciting player we have been scouting in recent times.

Bring it on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

It will be an interesting game

Palace's bus isn't as efficient as Chelsea's so we'll see if Liverpool can find openings

• Advertisement

Blatter wrote: »
    Was it just me or did Rodgers look a bit unsure when he was saying that?

'With only two games left, it's too much of a risk but he can come off the bench'

That doesn't really make much sense! He could have just said he has a slight injury because he didn't want to say he has dropped him.

Not a big deal either way, just speculating.

I think you're looking into it too much.

Coutinho is still on the fringe of the Brazil squad for the WC and has stated his desire to make it

I'm sure player and club will have discussed any twinge or problem and agreed the best solution.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement