Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To plait or not to plait

Options
  • 02-05-2014 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

This is more to get opinions than an actual question on plaiting.
    I love to have my horses plaited when I go jumping or hunting or anywhere that will allow me to have a plaited horse but I know alot of people don't.

Do you think it has any effect on the horse if they are plaited or do you prefer to leave them plait free and nicely pulled instead.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

I wouldnt plait for unregistered jumping ( clear round ) , hunter trials etc...
    However always would for Dressage & affiliated shows.
    emma-fly wrote: »
    This is more to get opinions than an actual question on plaiting.
    I love to have my horses plaited when I go jumping or hunting or anywhere that will allow me to have a plaited horse but I know alot of people don't.

Do you think it has any effect on the horse if they are plaited or do you prefer to leave them plait free and nicely pulled instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

marley123 wrote: »
    I wouldnt plait for unregistered jumping ( clear round ) , hunter trials etc...
    However always would for Dressage & affiliated shows.

It really depends how much time you have. I always plaited my mare when i was younger i had more time and i was huntin sj and xc some dressage .
    However as time went on i had less time and did not plait as much
    However one horse i had got excited everytime id plait her n she wud know she is goin somewhere and really perform well.

I like horses plaited and i think a well done horse is nice.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

She has to be plaited for dressage, unless she is mountain and moorland. For hunting, I think as a mark of respect for the hunt and farmers smart turnout is essential -so Id plait. For XC/HT the bit of mane is always handy over a hairy fence.

Advertisement