Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intake 2

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭gmck26

student15 wrote: »
    Two sets of intakes sitting on and off this like a dope.
    Praying for a call tomorrow.
    Got a high ac score just want the flipping vetting to clear

In the same boat as you student. And this is hard as it is something that we can not control! !

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Clanman889

Ok folks after stalking you all on this forum for some months I've finally decided to sign up and post. I'm in the same boat as Student and gmck. I was praying for a call today and as the hours dwindled on my sanity deteriorated gradually bit by bit. Hopefully there are calls tomorrow morning and we're three lucky ducks.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭sweet chuck

When did you guys do your medicals?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Clanman889

Did mine on 29th Apr and results received on 1st May

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭JayC90

This is agony! Both phycological and physical (no fingernails left at this point!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭gmck26

Had my medical at end if March

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭student15

Here's hoping for tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭whatinthe

@student and gmck, and anyone else waiting..

Not 4 hours ago I was in a state of absolute despair, wondering whether anything was going to happen. Like most of you, I've wanted a career in policing all my life. I've had more downs than ups, dark days moreso than bright. But one thing I learned a long time ago and it has stood me well:

NEVER QUIT. Never!

Whether you get a call in 5 weeks time,5 months time or in the next campaign..if you want this bad enough, you will never quit. That saying of 'one door closes, another opens' is nonsense..if it closes, kick it in!!

Best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

Congrats all who got the call today and good luck in GV!

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

whatinthe wrote: »
    @student and gmck, and anyone else waiting..

Not 4 hours ago I was in a state of absolute despair, wondering whether anything was going to happen. Like most of you, I've wanted a career in policing all my life. I've had more downs than ups, dark days moreso than bright. But one thing I learned a long time ago and it has stood me well:

NEVER QUIT. Never!

Whether you get a call in 5 weeks time,5 months time or in the next campaign..if you want this bad enough, you will never quit. That saying of 'one door closes, another opens' is nonsense..if it closes, kick it in!!

Best of luck :)

Great attitude to have. I'm still waiting on more word since getting ac result, but I'm not giving up yet, I'll get in one way or another!

Congrats and good luck to everyone who got the call :-D

• Advertisement
Advertisement