Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 Discussion Thread

Options
  • 02-05-2014 1:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

Personally... A god damn date for phantom pain v.v

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

I like how you posted that at precisely 13.37 :P

Personally I'd like to see Firaxis announce "Terror from the Deep" for XCOM, but i doubt it'll happen.
    Realistically, I'd like to see more info from bioware on their new Mass Effect game.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 jcb411abuser

zelda wiiU and a something on this QoL platform nintendo are planning

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

A new fallout game

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Some good games and more Witcher 3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Ubisoft have 'won' the last two E3s (Watchdogs reveal in 2012, and The Division in 2013), so I am keen to see what they will surprise us with this year.

Apart from The Division, Assassin's Creed 45a and 45b, Valiant Hearts, Sid Meier's Beyond Earth, and Quantum Break, I am not really pushed on much else. Hoping for a number of surprise announcements like: Alan Wake 2, Half-life 3 (a given!), Fallout 4, GTA V PC, Settlers 8.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

It'd be pretty decent if sega came out with a new console.. Wishful thinking BUT DAMMIT A MAN CAN DREAM

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

GTA 5 for PC :(

Falthyron wrote: »
    Ubisoft have 'won' the last two E3s (Watchdogs reveal in 2012, and The Division in 2013), so I am keen to see what they will surprise us with this year.

Apart from The Division, Assassin's Creed 45a and 45b, Valiant Hearts, Sid Meier's Beyond Earth, and Quantum Break, I am not really pushed on much else. Hoping for a number of surprise announcements like: Alan Wake 2, Half-life 3 (a given!), Fallout 4, GTA V PC, Settlers 8.

Popular opinion says Sony won... At least what I heard anywho

Popular opinion says Sony won... At least what I heard anywho

In typical After Hours fashion: "Show me the figures! Where are these statistics? Where are you getting this strawman argument from? Link to the evidence!, etc., etc." :D

I suppose I should have been a little clearer. When I say 'won' I guess I mean a game that came out of nowhere and blew most people away, totally unexpected.

Half-life 3
    confirmed :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Some developers to take advantage of the next-gen platforms by focusing on larger, more interesting and densely populated worlds in their games and ignore this constant focus on shiny high end graphics running at 1080p60.

The Division, Alien Isolation and Deep Down on the floor in playable form.

Mirrors Edge 2 and Sunset Overdrive gameplay footage.

A teaser for Cyberpunk 2077 and Doom 4.

Microsoft to unveil some details of their game with Platinum Games.

In typical After Hours fashion: "Show me the figures! Where are these statistics? Where are you getting this strawman argument from? Link to the evidence!, etc., etc." :D

I suppose I should have been a little clearer. When I say 'won' I guess I mean a game that came out of nowhere and blew most people away, totally unexpected.

This isn't after hours u little **** >.> ubisoft do that alright xD it'd still be nice to sega come out with something not rubbish.. Or even Rare.. Even though they turned crap since Microsoft bought them

gizmo wrote: »
    Doom 4.

Considering everyone who pre-orders Wolfenstein will get a Doom 4 beta access key, I reckon we will have to see something on it at E3 :D With Carmack gone though, not sure if it will be as popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Considering everyone who pre-orders Wolfenstein will get a Doom 4 beta access key, I reckon we will have to see something on it at E3 :D With Carmack gone though, not sure if it will be as popular.
    Carmack was always the engine guy though so his input is complete as far as this project goes, what with it being built with the latest version of iDTech.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,499 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Lots of Wii U stuff. Make or break for Ninty.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,002 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Plenty of cool Nintendo announcements as discussed in the Nintendo forum. So Metroid U and Zelda U at least. Plus Majora 3D.

I also want a new 3D Prince of Persia. If a 2D one is in development, maybe it'll be alongside a 3D one.

Mr E wrote: »
    Lots of Wii U stuff. Make or break for Ninty.

Think it's game over for them already

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Interesting to see what comes of Doom, especially considering all the (rumoured) development problems it's had. They started in 2008, scrapped that and started again in 2011.

On the console front, will there be a price drop for Xbox One, or a Kinect-less Xbox One bundle that is cheaper? Microsoft need to do something as its been 6 months with very few games actually released on it, especially as most of them were already on current consoles or PC.

Same for Sony. They win the price war, but there isn't a killer game on the console, exclusive to it that will make people go out and buy it.

Wii U? Price-drop or a change in direction is needed to make people want it. They are having their own conference on June 10th, similar to what they did last year.

Sega? Lol. They are too busy rubbing their testicles all over the money made from Rome 2 and CoH2's DLC :D

Kinda hoping Obsidian announce a South Park expansion pack, they have been really quiet about South Park since release, but I believe it did well both financially and critically.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,999 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

More info on destiny, release dates for the Division, Halo 5 info.

• Advertisement

More info on destiny, release dates for the Division, Halo 5 info.

A new game idea is better than another halo

• Registered Users Posts: 29,002 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The conferences will be the same times as usual I suppose, with Microsoft going first on the 9th, around 6pm, I think. Then EA at 8 and Ubisoft at 10 with Sony going on at 2am. And the Nintendo digital event on the 10th at 5pm.

I'm only going by what times I remember (maybe incorrectly) from last year

• confirmed :P

Slim chance getting Valve to even show up at E3 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,999 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

A new game idea is better than another halo

I'm sure the masses of people that enjoy halo wouldn't agree.

http://youtu.be/YBYBSqHpKeU

I wish e3 was like this :'c

http://youtu.be/ghEhI4CJjAM for anyone who's in the dark about what Nintendo are planning for e3... Allow me to enlighten you c:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

I'd like to be surprised. Things that would not surprise me:
    • Bombastic trailers with little or no gameplay footage
    • Nintendo making more casual games and stuff with Mario on the box for their currently non-existent casual audience
    • Microsoft devoting 25% or more of their conference to discussing things that aren't games
    • More than 50% of the games announced being sequels or spin-offs
    • PC and Steam being completely ignored
    • Press conferences just casually showing a quick montage of a mixed bag of indie games (each one getting a few seconds each) with a contemporary music track blasting over it to try and look cool.

C14N wrote: »
    I'd like to be surprised. Things that would not surprise me:
    • Bombastic trailers with little or no gameplay footage
    • Nintendo making more casual games and stuff with Mario on the box for their currently non-existent casual audience
    • Microsoft devoting 25% or more of their conference to discussing things that aren't games
    • More than 50% of the games announced being sequels or spin-offs
    • PC and Steam being completely ignored
    • Press conferences just casually showing a quick montage of a mixed bag of indie games (each one getting a few seconds each) with a contemporary music track blasting over it to try and look cool.

Steam are always ignored which is a shame... It'd be nice to see them show off SteamMachine.. But alas v.v

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

uncharted 9, final fantasy 18, super mario galaxy world planet(3d), metal gear: sons of cutscenes, call of duty vs halo, lots of awesome dlc, some fancy controllers(with touchscreens or something, its 2014) and maybe something like rayman:facebook edition

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

GTA V on PS4/Xbox one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement