Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just Cause 3 would be very welcome.

Yes \0/

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Shiminay wrote: »
    Wasn't there some sort of PlayStation/Steam partnership before? They still have that "are you too PS3 to know how to computer and need help filling out the form" link on the Steam Sign-in page. I'm trying to remember what it was for - Orange Box maybe?

You could sign into Steam with Portal 2 and get a free PC copy too.

There may even have been crossplay with Steam (?).

I don't think any other games on PS3 used Steam since.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

From Reddit, probably bull****

EBDJgCq.jpg

• Shiminay wrote: »
    Wasn't there some sort of PlayStation/Steam partnership before? They still have that "are you too PS3 to know how to computer and need help filling out the form" link on the Steam Sign-in page. I'm trying to remember what it was for - Orange Box maybe?
    Portal 2

• Registered Users Posts: 8,667 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Shiminay wrote: »

I feel like it was Portal 2, but it could well pre-date that.

• I feel like it was Portal 2, but it could well pre-date that.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :pac:

I know, I know I'M SORRY OKAY!!? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 82,752 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

It could also be

10378152_670761976333880_4148500533814883819_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Hmm, Super Mario Sunshine and Wave Race: Blue Storm, they'd be nice alright, of course Super Mario Sunshine has aged really really well compared with it's contemporarys, it still looks and plays great, possibly if not certainly the best platformer of that hardware generation.
    I'd like to see the original Luigi's Mansion redone as well, very nice indeed.
    Possibly a Mario Kart retrospective on the Virtual Console, with every edition available in a compilation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Hmm, Super Mario Sunshine and Wave Race: Blue Storm, they'd be nice alright, of course Super Mario Sunshine has aged really really well compared with it's contemporarys, it still looks and plays great, possibly if not certainly the best platformer of that hardware generation.
    I'd like to see the original Luigi's Mansion redone as well, very nice indeed.
    Possibly a Mario Kart retrospective on the Virtual Console, with every edition available in a compilation?

Don't say things like that, your making me hopeful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Oh, I hope we see something of Left 4 Dead 3 now that it's mentioned, love that series!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

cloud493 wrote: »
    Don't say things like that, your making me hopeful.

As a proud Virtual Boy owner I believe it's slender but decent library should be released for the 3DS, so much fun to be had with Marios Tennis, Wario and Galactic Pinball..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

ibg4zi2KaMhVoL.gif

Pre E3 has already exceeded my expectations anyway :P

And on a more serious note.. has anyone seen the new Witcher trailer? That game looks incredible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

From Reddit, probably bull****

It's not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Yeti Beast

Hoping there'll be some good info re: Civilization - Beyond Earth.

As a proud Virtual Boy owner I believe it's slender but decent library should be released for the 3DS, so much fun to be had with Marios Tennis, Wario and Galactic Pinball..

Sure we have virtual boys either way. I'm not ashamed to admit it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,069 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

In their original red colour? Be like playing the Spectrum Sinclair in 3D
    cloud493 wrote: »
    Sure we have virtual boys either way. I'm not ashamed to admit it.
    And that's a sentence you wouldn't want taken out of context. :pac:

Nothing wrong with a monochrome game, once it's a good monochrome game, and I can assure you there's some objectively good games on the VB.
    And they'd make a fine little compilation too.
    Or...
    They could simply update them with a little colour, it might be cool.
    I have a decent 9 game collection for mine and it always gets good reports when people play it.

• Advertisement

Had a VB way way back in the way way back. Had fun, but god the headaches.

I was a fan of Spectrum so no problems with that. But yeah, I heard there were some headaches caused by it. I do remember getting the issue of Total Games, Nintendo Magazine or N64/NGC at the tie the VB was released.

But I know I saw it mentioned elsewhere about VB VC games for 3DS so may be a possibility. Plus the inclusion of the VB in the Tomodachi Life trailer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

what the hell are you all talking about :L feels like I'm in science class again

I have a grand total of one game for my VB :pac: I got it cheap in gamestation back in the day when they were still a thing, and I've never actually bought any games other than the one it came with.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

tok9 wrote: »

Tywin Lannister? That alone makes it worth getting.

Charles Dance could read the ingredients on a box of cereal and it would be brilliant.

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    what the hell are you all talking about :L feels like I'm in science class again

This
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_Boy

I've never had a headache from it, oddly enough.
    Anyway, sorry to ramble off topic again.

E3 hopes?
    A new Project Gotham game? No, I don't think so either :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

COYVB wrote: »
    It's not

Where's Mario Maker then?

If Mario Maker is just like Warioware DIY I'l be happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I'm sure I already posted in this thread saying that I would love to see a WipeOut game on PS4.

But I think I am mostly excited by a prospective Mass Effect reveal. The game director has already Tweeted that he will be at E3 for the first time in 8 years.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement