Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,016 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Dunno if I said before but I hope Nintendo don't spend much time on Smash Bros in their Digital Event because they've done a lot for it already and then they have the invitational as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Any chance of Nintendo dropping the price of the Wii U?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

As far as I know the Pro console without a game is now €239.99 in some stores. That's great value. I got one last week with Mario Bro U for €299. It's down close enough to Vita prices at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

As far as I know the Pro console without a game is now €239.99 in some stores. That's great value. I got one last week with Mario Bro U for €299. It's down close enough to Vita prices at this stage.

It is still well over €100 more than a Vita though. But €240 isn't bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

If you pick up the mario kart bundle you get a free game out of a choice of ten including wind waker hd , pikmin 3 ,nsmb u or monster hunter

With upcoming releases of bayonetta 2, smash brothers , xenoblade 2 and whatever else they announce at e3 on tuesday its worth the jump to buy the console if its been on your mind rather than wait for a price drop that may not come for awhile.

Ps4/one may have more games in its lifecycle till the gen ends but factor the price wii u is at now and what 240/250 ? Compared to both ps4 and one which is 400 plus 70 for a game plus 50 to buy the ps plus and xbox live to play online theres great quality in its purchase for wii u now than previously.

• Advertisement

You do get 32 games a year for your €50 PSN sub though.:D PS4 games are €50-55 on Amazon and €43 on the US PSN. I can't believe people are still paying out over €60 for game in this day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Ya the whole games costing 70-75 euro argument really has to stop. Plenty of much cheaper options.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

You do get 32 games a year for your €50 PSN sub though.:D PS4 games are €50-55 on Amazon and €43 on the US PSN. I can't believe people are still paying out over €60 for game in this day.

Yup plenty of options, but their are some games I don't/won't mind paying 60+ for if it means supporting the developers for making such great games

but for newish ips or games that are shelled out every year, I don't see why anyone would pay such ridiculous prices

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

A tweet from Peter Moore.

Woop!

gizmo wrote: »
    A tweet from Peter Moore.

Woop!

Yes please, but, I begging you EA, don't force Dice to mess up one of the best new IPs from last gen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,016 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So do you think Sony will show Battlefield since Microsoft will probably have CoD? Unless Sony have a new FPS of their own. Ubi will probably be at both Sony and MS again this year.

i wish Sony and EA would swap timeslots since they're who I'm least interested in.

Is Aisha presenting for Ubisoft again?

I believe MS and Sony have swapped on CoD and BF. It used to be MS that got CoD DLC first but now MS get BF DLC first and the opposite with Sony. If anything Sony will have CoD and MS will show BF. Sony will be showing Planetside 2 for the PS4 as it's near enough to release so they have that and Destiny for FPS games.

Aisha is back for Ubi again unfortunately.

I believe MS and Sony have swapped on CoD and BF. It used to be MS that got CoD DLC first but now MS get BF DLC first and the opposite with Sony. If anything Sony will have CoD and MS will show BF. Sony will be showing Planetside 2 for the PS4 as it's near enough to release so they have that and Destiny for FPS games.

Aisha is back for Ubi again unfortunately.

I remember MS having some sort of agreement with ubi and the division, not sure if its just some exclusive side missions like watch dogs or more
    but I think ubisoft will hold onto the division for their conference

With The Division being pushed to the back half of 2015 and more than likely and realistically later I don't see any point of Ubi showing more of the game. It's just too far away and will end up being another Watchdogs that can't deliver what they promised. By early 2016 the graphics engine of The Division won't look as impressive as it did last year as other games catch up.

With The Division being pushed to the back half of 2015 and more than likely and realistically later I don't see any point of Ubi showing more of the game. It's just too far away and will end up being another Watchdogs that can't deliver what they promised. By early 2016 the graphics engine of The Division won't look as impressive as it did last year as other games catch up.

The people who are working on the Division already said they will be at e3
    probably just to keep the hype going, been honest I can't wait to see it, but then again I said the same thing about watch dogs and that let me down even though it turned out decent but not amazing

Well they do have guys from Red Storm Entertainment working with them now, building the weapons models for the game. They did the multiplayer for the PC Rainbow Six games so they know their stuff. They are making sure all the weapon models and stats are correct with real world data. The guns won't be stat balanced like in games like BF. They will have their real world rates of fire and bullet velocity like in the PC Rainbow Six games. Just hope it's true and not BS. I hate that in games where you have an M16 and Steyr AUG but in the damage stats on one is way above the other even though they both fire the same rounds and have the same barrel length.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,705 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Street Fighter V, or an update on Tekken x Street Fighter.

Or a 2D animated Darkstalkers 3 (wishful thinking!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

So at what time will the 1st stream be on at tomorrow (our time)

or has anybody got a timetable

Rossi IRL wrote: »

Ms are first up think it starts at half3 or half 4 gmt

MS at 17:30, EA 20:00, Ubi 23:00 and Sony at 02:00.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    Ms are first up think it starts at half3 or half 4 gmt

read that as halflife 3 :D

read that as halflife 3 :D

I have too be more careful with my wording don't want to upset anyone here haha

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

It's all about Madden for me. EA are miles behind in their promotion relative to others years so they'll have a lot of catching up to do and for that reason I'm hopeful we'll get to see a lot of Madden coverage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

Rossi IRL wrote: »

I put up http://www.irishgamers.ie/e3 which has most times in US, Ireland and australian.

Also added various stream locations if you're mobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

BCX6ltf.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Happy E3 Day!!!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,783 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Let's all just get along today

ekdbdedqwhitih2fof44.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

MS at 17:30, EA 20:00, Ubi 23:00 and Sony at 02:00.

Fook, tis going to be a late night tonight

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,583 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I wonder if we'll see Watchdogs for the WiiU?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,783 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I kinda lost a lot of interest in this years E3 as most titles I was looking forward to this year have been pushed back to 2015. Will still be good for the conferences and cringey performances though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement