Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Only on PC and PS4 now, if you own BF4. Just log in and download as fast as you can before it's full and gone.

You don't need to own BF4, I just got it via the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,856 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Overheal wrote: »
    So you need BF4 to try this out.

So only players who are playing BF games.

You aren't interested in tempting the expansion of your playerbase.

Well fcuk that.

No you don't, that is only if you want to access it directly through the PS4 menu. Just sign up on the website and chose PS4 or PC. Although it is busy right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,799 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

OK. because when I logged into the thing its been crashy and took me to the BF4 page to buy BF4

edit getting the download now? even though when agreeing to the beta my username was ... and my email was ... :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I got the ... for my username and password, but it showed the correct details after about 30 seconds. Still can't download it though, as it's still not appearing in my games library.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Well fcuk that.

You can get it here if you do not have BF4 if the damm site would work http://www.battlefield.com/hardline/beta

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Well EA just broke the Playstation Network :pac: Think I got in (it's now saying I have instant access, although keeps giving me maintenance errors) but the network has effectively collapsed under the traffic.

I've always thought it would be great if Valve one day casually announced 'by the way, Half Life 3 is available right now', but if a beta can break a whole company's online infrastructure...

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

So, err.. signed up to the beta via the website. Now what? :s

edit - nvm

f7e902de419205b1a4a13efe97be30d5.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I've given up anyway. Can't get it on the website or ps4.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    So, err.. signed up to the beta via the website. Now what? :s

(PS4 user btw)

Wait for email it said, hopefully it doesn't take too long.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I got told I'm in, waiting for things to relax a bit before it starts making downloads I reckon.

• Advertisement

Great Origin wants me to upgrade my account and of course the whole thing has crashed.

EDIT - Finally got in, waiting on the e-mail now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

finally got to the page where it says processing so fingers crossed it works this time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Hardline looks great, same chaos as all battlefields! Looking forward to this already

The guys on IGN have given Microsofts presentation an A-, not sure if they were watching the same one we did.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Managed to get it on PS4 there after a dozen attempts and ''PSN is undergoing maintenance'' messages.

rPex1UL.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I've got the email saying that I'm in on Hardline, but Origin still hasn't started to download it. That's cool though, it'll download when it's ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Xenji wrote: »
    The guys on IGN have given Microsofts presentation an A-, not sure if they were watching the same one we did.

Its a great step in the right direction. I wouldn't reward it an A but its quite a change from last year.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Its a great step in the right direction. I wouldn't reward it an A but its quite a change from last year.

Well, it's hardly difficult to go in the opposite direction after last year's embarrassment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

It is now more than it has in years. This year so far there has been, no Kinect, no TV, no motion controls, no music and no kids. In that regard alone E3 2014 beats the last 4 years at least in being purely games as of so far.

Indeed Microsoft i think crapped themselves when they realized their cash cow was for slaughter and no one liked the new one.

I was a bit taken back though in the MS conference you had so many cool games then a dance dance game lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Its quite a change from last year.

It was almost the exact same lineup as last year, but with new versions of the same games or like for like swaps (forza horizons 2 for forza 5 etc) and no TV/Kinect stuff

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Well fcuk that.

if its anything like BF4 trust me your missing nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭Penn

In fairness to MS, they had a fairly good show and it would have required a colossal f*ckup to be somehow worse than last year. And a renewed focus on games and even indie games is nice to see.

That being said, they didn't really show anything huge. There was no "big moment". No huge reveal. No real talking point.

They did well and I definitely agree it was a step in the right direction. But it's a small step, and not one worthy of an A-. B-, I'd agree with. If MS's show was an A-, what the hell does it take to get a C or B?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

So I got in the beta.. and downloaded Origin for the first time in a few months only to find EA conveniently removed all my games from my account! :D

To make it even better, I only have to wait 153minutes to get in contact with customer support.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

How long does it take to get the email?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

COYVB wrote: »
    It was almost the exact same lineup as last year, but with new versions of the same games or like for like swaps (forza horizons 2 for forza 5 etc) and no TV/Kinect stuff

Forza horizon 2 for forza 5 ill give you that but you make out like theres a few more in way you say etc what other examples can you give of like for like?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Shiminay wrote: »
    I've got the email saying that I'm in on Hardline, but Origin still hasn't started to download it. That's cool though, it'll download when it's ready.

How long did it take to get the email?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I got the email after about 20-30 minutes on the pc. It's still not showing in Origin though.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,799 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I imagine it will be hours or days before EA processes all the requests, to stagger the download servers

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Screw BFH, I just got my Destiny beta key! :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Missed the xbox conference but from reading and watching some of it... doesn't look like it was great.

Here is hoping UbiSoft is good.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement