Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Forza horizon 2 for forza 5 ill give you that but you make out like theres a few more in way you say etc what other examples can you give of like for like?

Sunset Overdrive // Sunset Overdrive
    Forza 5 // Forza Horizon 2
    Project Spark // Project Spark
    Crimson Dragon // Dragon Age (ok, that's me not being serious)
    Dead Rising 3 // Super Ultra Dead Rising 3 Arcade Remix Hyper Edition EX Alpha
    The Witcher 3 // The Witcher 3
    Battlefield 4 // Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
    Halo 5 // Halo 5
    Assassin's Creed IV // Assassin's Creed Unity

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Missed the xbox conference but from reading and watching some of it... doesn't look like it was great.

Here is hoping UbiSoft is good.

MS did show Assassin's Creed and Division so they will be up again in Ubi's show. Looking for more info on Far Cry 4, any Blood Dragon 2 in the works? and Beyond Good and Evil 2 stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Typically I had to run out just before 8 so missed the EA stuff. How was Madden? Also, is there anywhere I can watch it back? I presume it'll be uploaded on YouTube at some stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,330 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

IGN streaming Halo 2 remake footage and talk with Bungie execs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

MS did show Assassin's Creed and Division so they will be up again in Ubi's show. Looking for more info on Far Cry 4, any Blood Dragon 2 in the works? and Beyond Good and Evil 2 stuff.

Those 2 caught my eye as there has been a big partnership between Sony and Ubisoft the past few E3's, where big Ubi games got their first showing at the Sony conference. I'm thinking it was for timings sake, usually Ubisoft had to make do with 2nd tier games at their conference so they wouldn't disrupt the Sony one and steal their thunder. Maybe this way they can announce first footage of their big games at the MS conf and then expand and offer more info at their own one.

But overall, no big "Watch Dogs" moment so far, no big game that comes out of nowhere and slaps the games industry into paying attention.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Paully D wrote: »
    Typically I had to run out just before 8 so missed the EA stuff. How was Madden? Also, is there anywhere I can watch it back? I presume it'll be uploaded on YouTube at some stage?

Madden looked ok. Major emphasis on defence this time, which is very welcome IMO. Graphics look a little better. Nothing to get too excited about really though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

COYVB wrote: »
    It was almost the exact same lineup as last year, but with new versions of the same games or like for like swaps (forza horizons 2 for forza 5 etc) and no TV/Kinect stuff

Last years Xbox E3. Has you can see its quite a different lineup with only a few games that were explored further in this years E3.

http://www.redmondpie.com/all-of-microsofts-xbox-one-game-announcements-from-e3-2013-in-one-place-videos/

Forza Horizon 2 isn't Forza 5, what's wrong with good sequels being showcased.

Microsoft post regular updates about their apps and TV features outside of the major shows now. Its all about games now. It was great to see Phil Spencer take the stage and say the entire presentation was about games. A great step forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

What time is Sony on lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Big Knox wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

Big Knox wrote: »

2AM methinks.

• Advertisement

Sunset Overdrive // Sunset Overdrive
    Forza 5 // Forza Horizon 2
    Project Spark // Project Spark
    Crimson Dragon // Dragon Age (ok, that's me not being serious)
    Dead Rising 3 // Super Ultra Dead Rising 3 Arcade Remix Hyper Edition EX Alpha
    The Witcher 3 // The Witcher 3
    Battlefield 4 // Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
    Halo 5 // Halo 5
    Assassin's Creed IV // Assassin's Creed Unity

A bit of a nonsensical post in fairness but funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Downloading the Hardline beta on PC now, took over an hour to show up in my Origin library.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

I hate xbox, always found em clunky.
    but Ori changed that....finally something interesting that isn't just another meat head shooter......
    now to hope 1gn is right and its on 360 and PC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea3jFf--L-Q

• Registered Users Posts: 82,330 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Your time? I think 2am

• Registered Users Posts: 15,234 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Paully D wrote: »

Tackling on defense is one of the main reasons I hate Madden. Hopefully the reviews on this are good and I'll pick it up.

343 execs joking about Last Guardian coming out now on IGN:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Kyotokid

I liked what someone posted on twitter earlier... "Sunset Overdrive = Capri Sun the videogame"

That Ori game looked nice, the rest...not really my cup of tea apart from one or two others (I had to go back to work after Halo so maybe something amazing was shown afterwards?).

I bet Sony will have lots of surprises, I'm more stoked about their showings.

All MS showed at the end was Crackdown and it was a all cgi co-op footage, nothing in game at all. and a Gear of War symbol and that was it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

'Inside' really grabbed my attention, if it's half as good as Limbo I'm a happy bunny.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

Kyotokid wrote: »
    I liked what someone posted on twitter earlier... "Sunset Overdrive = Capri Sun the videogame"

That Ori game looked nice, the rest...not really my cup of tea apart from one or two others (I had to go back to work after Halo so maybe something amazing was shown afterwards?).

I bet Sony will have lots of surprises, I'm more stoked about their showings.

I want something new and interesting, Xbox managed to WOW me so Sony better give me equal feels, cause Ori.....to dam epic looking. Give the trailer a 10/10 not to hope the game is as good, with sound matching to boot.

• Advertisement

im going to bed after the ubisoft conference i have a spoiler free thread on neogaf so i can watch sony conference first thing in the morning i need to be fresh for those nintendo bombs

so far e3 is flat for me though im more of a nintendo & sony fan so waiting your bombs to be dropped

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I can't wait to play Assassin's Creed Unity. It is great that they are bringing it back to a major city with buildings to climb. The co-op looks interesting but it would probably be difficult to play with random people. Did they confirm if it is just co-op missions or is the campaign co-op too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Flaregon wrote: »
    I want something new and interesting, Xbox managed to WOW

That's an oxymoron if I've ever seen one

• Registered Users Posts: 29,016 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So will Ubisoft consist of a lot of Talking Heads like the previous 2?

Flaregon wrote: »
    Xbox managed to WOW me

what ?

Microsoft showed of 6 shooters & 1 racing game and that was it today what are you smoking

people on neogaf are calling the xbox the fps machine

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Xenji wrote: »
    The guys on IGN have given Microsofts presentation an A-, not sure if they were watching the same one we did.

perhaps not as biased as a PS4 owner???

That's an oxymoron if I've ever seen one

Microsoft bashing. Yawnnn

i hope everyone will be here tomorrow for nintendo digital event

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

miju wrote: »
    perhaps not as biased as a PS4 owner???

Not biased, I would have given it a B-/C+, it would not make me jump out and buy an XB1 nor make me feel I am missing anything games wise seeing they only showed 4 exclusives and everything else was cross platform, but at least this time they focused on games.

• Advertisement

Calling a spade a spade. If Sony had that show I'd say the same tbh. Only one impressive and new game in MS's show and that's being honest, the other is coming to PS a month later. It was a solid middle of the road show, by the numbers all the way and played it safe with no big hitters to show off.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement