Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,754 ✭✭✭lertsnim

thecrewgame.com doesn't work haha. At least they didn't break the PSN like EA did.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,016 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

For some reason I'm remembering James Cameron's appearance. That was fun

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

The Crew site down already.

http://thecrew-game.ubi.com/portal/en-US/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

COYVB wrote: »
    I have no allegiances to anyone. I've got them all, and I'm a games journalist. I just want good original games. MS did not deliver

Because video games journalists have no allegiances to particular camps :pac: Just joking.

I don't really expect originality from Sony or Microsoft. - unfortunately. It seems multi-platform titles are becoming the norm and it seems like it takes millions of $ and massive development teams to create IPs that publishers will take a risk on.

Original games is a big ask. I don't see anything out there at the moment on any platform that I'd call truly original.

As an Xbox One owner I was paying attention to the direction of Xbox. When Phil Spencer took the stage and said its "all about games" I was very happy to see they are finally going in the right direction.

I liked some of the multi-platform games, the Halo collection (Awesome) and Forza horizon 2.

Some more games will be shown at gamescom such as Quantum Break.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

wow thats a great version of that song

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

assassins creed 79.....boriing

assassins creed 79.....boriing

yup i don't buy yearly releases either

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

calex71 wrote: »
    wow thats a great version of that song

It is done by Lorde.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Jacks Smirking Revenge

Finally some gameplay....too much CGI trailers...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I was so hoping he'd mess up that first jump and fall to his death.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Assassins Creed.

In a world where no one looks up at people doing gymnastics along the walls of buildings.....

• Registered Users Posts: 82,330 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Gametester ADD

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Is the Assassin supposed to be French or English?

It looks nice but it's the same game we've played 5 or 6 times already :(

Everyone during the French revolution could see through walls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

6 OR 7 GAME in the series and they stll do not bother to fix the god awful combat system

• Registered Users Posts: 29,016 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Where are all the Les Miserable singing?

His head was above the ****ing desk 3 ****ing foot in front of your eyes, worst guard ever

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Graphically brilliant, with the normal looking Assassin Creed gameplay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

Well the combat system looks to be exactly the same as before...pretty sure I wont be getting this. Assassins Creed is becoming new Call of Duty with a new version every year where nothing changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,189 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Sure it looks nice. Am sure it will be nice. But Assassains Creed just feels milked at this point.

vote with your wallets people it will only go away when people stop buying them

This is crazy theres no effort to show us anything new so far , except that there are no even more people in the way for when you inevitably have to chase down someone or tail them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,234 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Overheal wrote: »
    Everyone during the French revolution could see through walls

And speak in a facking british accent m8.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,754 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I'll probably get it. I like the games even if they are repetitive.

You know, I was thinking about this and then about Splinter Cell. There was a cracking game but then within a few releases they seemingly fudged the gameplay and added a bunch of unnecessary faction and metagame bull crap and forgot what made the game fun, and that was being given a mission and gadgets and told 'go'. I got maybe a fifth of the way through double agent and that's where the series ended for me.

Perhaps reinventing AC every release isn't the wisest way to go about things?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Just tuning in now, did they announce a beta for The Crew?

This is crazy theres no effort to show us anything new so far , except that there are no even more people in the way for when you inevitably have to chase down someone or tail them.

oh the big massive crowd doesnt notice this guy free running on the building behind him but when he leaps for the final kill the only guy who cant see him is the only one to react by turning to be stabbed perfectly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,189 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Press conference could be better for me so far but I shall always remember the 2009 UbiSoft Conference. 1 hour of James Cameron mouthing on about Avatar. So this years is not that bad :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement