Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

Overheal wrote: »
    You know, I was thinking about this and then about Splinter Cell. There was a cracking game but then within a few releases they seemingly fudged the gameplay and added a bunch of unnecessary faction and metagame bull crap and forgot what made the game fun, and that was being given a mission and gadgets and told 'go'. I got maybe a fifth of the way through double agent and that's where the series ended for me.

Perhaps reinventing AC every release isn't the wisest way to go about thins?

Splinter Cell Blacklist was pretty good, I enjoyed it.

Benzino wrote: »
    Just tuning in now, did they announce a beta for The Crew?

U just missed it by like 30-40 minutes :)

ah no fitness game :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

You know, I was thinking about this and then about Splinter Cell. There was a cracking game but then within a few releases they seemingly fudged the gameplay and added a bunch of unnecessary faction and metagame bull crap and forgot what made the game fun, and that was being given a mission and gadgets and told 'go'. I got maybe a fifth of the way through double agent and that's where the series ended for me.

Perhaps reinventing AC every release isn't the wisest way to go about things?

Reinvent, just introduce something new ffs

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Ah feck this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Jacks Smirking Revenge

So we're watching fitness games answer to Guitar Hero...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Oh this song is just so bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,189 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Worst eye of the tiger remix ever! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Yeah, it's funny how nearly everyone loved the ship sections of the last games because they were a break from the repetitive land parts, so in the new one they get rid of the ships and concentrate on the land parts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

vote with your wallets people it will only go away when people stop buying them

The problem with that is that even if everyone bought every second one instead of every one, youd still have enough sales to make annual releases worthwhile because of the split between which year people took off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Perhaps reinventing AC every release isn't the wisest way to go about things?

I really wish they didn't ruin Splinter Cell the way they did. The mechanics in the game were awesome before they implemented the "press action button" for everything. I used to feel like you were controlling Sam Fisher whereas now it's just press a button and watch the animation take over.

Also the Multiplayer in Pandora and Chaos Theory were my favourite multiplayer games ever. The tension!

oh **** this seriously E3 is for hardcore gamers

The Crew website is back up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

*le sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Do these fitness games sell well? I'd never want to exercise in my house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

This e3 has shown that all the ideas for games have been used up. Yup every single idea. Because every single idea apparently amounts to:

Racing games
    First person shooters
    Third person shooters
    Music/fitness games
    Open world adventures
    Sports games

There are only 6 ideas in video games if major publishers are too be believed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Darius.Tr wrote: »
    The Crew website is back up :)

Can you sign in? Won't let me sign in :(

so its scooby doo ?

4 kids and there dog ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

aiesha speaking french I cant get this out of my head

• Registered Users Posts: 29,016 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Wow, that's depressing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Valiant Hearts....2 weeks....BRING IT

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Valiant Heart looks brilliant. Definitely curious to see what it's like.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

And that call of duty is how you people happy with dogs in a game!

• Registered Users Posts: 82,330 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

That dog :_:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

COYVB wrote: »
    This e3 has shown that all the ideas for games have been used up. Yup every single idea. Because every single idea apparently amounts to:

Racing games
    First person shooters
    Third person shooters
    Music/fitness games
    Open world adventures
    Sports games

There are only 6 ideas in video games if major publishers are too be believed

Bring back RTS and space/air combat shooters. Stuff like Mech Assault, Colony Wars, Dropship, Command and Conquer, Halo Wars.

All woman isn't she.

That dog :_:

i know right the cries make me very sad :(

rainbow six ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

RAINBOW SIX!!!!!

• Advertisement

Guess this is there big game.

This discussion has been closed.