Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Timmyctc wrote: »
    No Man's Sky has the potential to be a game changer imo.

Really hope so. The industry desperately needs one

Speaking of which, here's Morpheus

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Thought they would talk more about Project Morpheus.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Christ they just flicked past Morpheus there.

This man has no place on stage at e3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Playstation Now about to get a long briefing I think, this guy is a major backer of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

PR fail. Why didn't they have a Morpheus model on stage? It would make great screenshots and video thumbnail. Mistake.

VR is a big deal and they are making a headset. They should have shown it on stage. Same mistake Nintendo made not showing the wii u when they announced it.

SHOW....don't tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,754 ✭✭✭lertsnim

PSN is robust he says. Except when EA announces a beta.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Timmyctc wrote: »
    No Man's Sky has the potential to be a game changer imo.

I absolutely love the look of it.

BRING BACK JACK

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Ha yeah, PSN is robust! Ignore the fact it goes down almost monthly for maintenance haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Can hardly show off VR unless you actually wear the headset itself. It's like trying to show off a 3D TV on a 2D display.

They are realllllly emphasising the 'only on PS4' stuff tonight. Even more than a normal E3 conference.

Stop wasting time on suit speak and buzz words FFS

Getting sleepy, get offfff

• Registered Users Posts: 82,330 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I got such a warm fuzzy feeling in my chest seeing Sean Murray on stage.

Lads I heard about his game when it was just an idea.

http://www.hellogames.org/about-us/

He's an Irish Dev who has been working that out for at least a decade. I remember back when I lived in Carlow when around I first joined boards and all he had was a blog and YouTube videos of early concepts of code that generated procedural planetoids. With no textures. No fauna. Nothing. In fact he was very proud to get to a point where it had a convincing lookin atmosphere. He was just someone you heard of through a friend who heard it from another for who was also in games development (that was our college course)

I. Will. Definitely. Be buying this.

The whole premise of the game is a completely open ended MMO. all completely procedurally generated. As you saw each planetoids remembers who first found it, and it's the exploration by players that triggers the server to generate new planetoids and add them to the world.

Yer man was breathless when He came up on stage and got that applause. I was there empathising. Must have been extremely emotional to have his work culminate in that moment.

Very good.

I'll give it it's own thread after the conference. I'm very excited about this title and very happy for him

Show lots of games, have a fella out with a suit, show two big games to finish, same every year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Seems like alot of filler here from this fella atm waiting for him to announce something of actual worth.

Can hardly show off VR unless you actually wear the headset itself. It's like trying to show off a 3D TV on a 2D display.

Absolutely disagree. It doesn't even have to work....an empty shell would do....and they have working units on the floor so they can have one on stage!

Show people what it looks like. "we have a VR headset. Microsoft and Nintendo don't."

Massive missed opportunity to show it to the masses who have no f*cking clue what Morpheus is.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,234 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

"Free to play MEANS free to play''

*Certain features available for a fee.

Kirby wrote: »
    Absolutely disagree. It doesn't even have to work....an empty shell would do....and they have working units on the floor so they can have one on stage!

Show people what it looks like. "we have a VR headset. Microsoft and Nintendo don't."

Massive missed opportunity to show it to the masses who have no f*cking clue what Morpheus is.

You reckon there's many watching this who won't know where to read the hundreds of articles about Morpheus this week?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Overheal wrote: »
    I got such a warm fuzzy feeling in my chest seeing Sean Murray on stage.

Lads I heard about his game when it was just an idea.

http://www.hellogames.org/about-us/

He's an Irish Dev who has been working that out for at least a decade. I remember back when I lived in Carlow when around I first joined boards and all he had was a blog and YouTube videos of early concepts of code that generated procedural planetoids. With no textures. No fauna. Nothing. In fact he was very proud to get to a point where it had a convincing lookin atmosphere. He was just someone you heard of through a friend who heard it from another for who was also in games development (that was our college course)

I. Will. Definitely. Be buying this.

The whole premise of the game is a completely open ended MMO. all completely procedurally generated. As you saw each planetoids remembers who first found it, and it's the exploration by players that triggers the server to generate new planetoids and add them to the world.

Yer man was breathless when He came up on stage and got that applause. I was there empathising. Must have been extremely emotional to have his work culminate in that moment.

Very good.

I'll give it it's own thread after the conference. I'm very excited about this title and very happy for him
    I just wanted to give him a hug and tell him it'd be all right.

COYVB wrote: »
    You reckon there's many watching this who won't know where to read the hundreds or articles about Morpheus this week?

You could say that about anything shown. It was a missed chance to put it front and centre. I'm very surprised they didn't show it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Jacks Smirking Revenge

Will this lad shut up.....

Falling asleep here.

I miss Jack.

COYVB wrote: »
    You reckon there's many watching this who won't know where to read the hundreds or articles about Morpheus this week?

I said the masses. Not people who peruse tech websites already. The masses. They get their information from television. That slide of Morpheus wont make tomorrows FOX news like the Wii did or the xbone and ps4 did.

A shiny VR headset shown on stage would have. It's a mistake not to push Morpheus whichever way you slice it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

PS Now hitting the states end of next month. No date for EU :(

PS Now on the Vita would be great, shame we will not see it over here till next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,754 ✭✭✭lertsnim

About time we got Vita TV

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

TV TV TV TV

• Registered Users Posts: 82,330 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Angron wrote: »
    I just wanted to give him a hug and tell him it'd be all right.

I've already tweeted them and asked them to visit boards :)

• Advertisement

Yay, my vita tv will be useful in a few months

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement